• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
DMmfmNNV4AAnGYg.jpg:large

HAHA

This needs to happen with MUCH more frequency.

Reporting that this admin is constantly lying isn't partisan, nor opinion. It's fact, and needs to be known

Kimawolf

Just watched the briefing. Wow she is horrible. Its good to know this WH ends careers though as Spicy and Prebius are finding out.

Also why does that one reporter ALWAYS ask the most assanine questions?! With EVERYTHING he could talk about he asks about if the visit tp Britain is a working visit or State visit and will the president meet with the queen?!

No one cares! People in the U.S. dont care! People in Britain don't care!

Normally, the places on reddit I hang out in are generally apolitical. Mostly game and hobby forums.

But this post stuck out to me. It's about Lego releasing a "Women of NASA" set, which is apparently offensive. There's even a conspiracy theory that Lego colluding with a feminist on Twitter or some garbage like that buried in the comments for extra comedy. Instead of making a "real" set that wasn't "just added because of sjws"

I never really expected r/thedonald to leak onto r/lego of all places. It's a forum about toys...

Just watched the briefing. Wow she is horrible. Its good to know this WH ends careers though as Spicy and Prebius are finding out.

Also why does that one reporter ALWAYS ask the most assanine questions?! With EVERYTHING he could talk about he asks about if the visit tp Britain is a working visit or State visit and will the president meet with the queen?!

No one cares! People in the U.S. dont care! People in Britain don't care!

I wasn't watching but sometimes they pick cronies from Breitbart and One America News to lob them softballs.

Thank FUCK they don't do those Skype questions anymore. Really comforting to see them take questions from the Federalist like, "WHEN WILL THE GOVERNMENT BE DESTROYED?" (That really happened by the way)

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
@maggieNYT
But WH has successfully turned debate into referendum on Wilson as opposed to how Gold Star family feels about POTUS

Habermann needs to fucking stop. She needs to acknowledge the difference between a pundit and a reporter. She’s acting like some sort of detached observer talking about how Trump is manipulating the media while she is simultaneously being manipulated. All because she would rather spit hot takes to try to show twitter how savvy she is.

@maggieNYT
Video of Wilson's speech that Kelly mischaracterized

Fucking mischaracterized?

Fuck. Off. And. Do. Your. Fucking. Job.
Does she do this stuff to maintain access to Trump or what? Otherwise she’s ridiculous.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Does she do this stuff to maintain access to Trump or what? Otherwise she’s ridiculous.

What does access to Trump get you other than bullshit and more intentional and unintentional gaffes?

Slacker

Normally, the places on reddit I hang out in are generally apolitical. Mostly game and hobby forums.

But this post stuck out to me. It's about Lego releasing a "Women of NASA" set, which is apparently offensive. There's even a conspiracy theory that Lego colluding with a feminist on Twitter or some garbage like that buried in the comments for extra comedy. Instead of making a "real" set that wasn't "just added because of sjws"

I never really expected r/thedonald to leak onto r/lego of all places. It's a forum about toys...
They’ve infested reddit to amazing degree. I used to go there all day every day. I bailed out after the election and haven’t missed it at all.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John Harwood‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood

as video evidence undercuts Kelly attack on Wilson FBI speech, WH's Sanders claims other "grandstanding" that day "witnessed by many people"

These people have zero dignity.

kirblar

If you didn't understand how much "white identity" is tied into the whole country music identity for many people, the attacks on the "cowboy hat" being worn by a black woman should make it clearer.

Kusagari

If you didn't understand how much "white identity" is tied into the whole country music identity for many people, the attacks on the "cowboy hat" being worn by a black woman should make it clearer.

We all know David Clarke is the only black person allowed to wear cowboy hats.

Fan bases ruin everything, good rule is to not join any and also have no heroes. Just look at the gaming side 😛

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So uh, Trump issued this Executive Order about an hour ago. It gives the White House the authority to recall retired members of the Military back into active service.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...xecutive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

There are two lines of thought I have seen on what this means, both of which are very concerning. Gearing up for war is the obvious one. But there is also the thought that they are going to try and prevent public criticism by ex-military leaders, by forcing them back into the military, "legally" removing their ability to publically criticise the government.

Ourobolus

Banned
So uh, Trump issued this Executive Order about an hour ago. It gives the White House the authority to recall retired members of the Military back into active service.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...xecutive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

There are two lines of thought I have seen on what this means, both of which are very concerning. Gearing up for war is the obvious one. But there is also the thought that they are going to try and prevent public criticism by ex-military leaders, by forcing them back into the military, "legally" removing their ability to publically criticise the government.

debates resigning commission

jelly

Reporting that this admin is constantly lying isn't partisan, nor opinion. It's fact, and needs to be known

I wish all news media would do this, they far too often just parrot whatever their fed. If it's not a fact, call out as such for all to see, not big font of the lie.

The latter seems so petty that it must be that.

RDreamer

Uh... what the fuck?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Per ModBot on the locked thread - I'm pretty sure during a national case of emergency, POTUS already has the authority to call back retired members of the military anyway into active duty.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/688

(a)Authority.—
Under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense, a member described in subsection (b) may be ordered to active duty by the Secretary of the military department concerned at any time.

(b)Covered Members.—Except as provided in subsection (d), subsection (a) applies to the following members of the armed forces:
(1) A retired member of the Regular Army, Regular Navy, Regular Air Force, or RegularMarine Corps.
(2) A member of the Retired Reserve who was retired under section 1293, 3911, 3914, 6323, 8911, or 8914 of this title.
(3) A member of the Fleet Reserve or Fleet Marine Corps Reserve.

(c)Duties of Member Ordered to Active Duty.—
The Secretary concerned may, to the extent consistent with other provisions of law, assign a member ordered to active duty under this section to such duties as the Secretary considers necessary in the interests of national defense

Chichikov

The White house already has the authority to recall retired members of the military back into service.
This happened during the Iraq war.

I'm not sure I fully understand the change here, but I seriously doubt this is merit the panic I see on twitter over this.

Racism Laundering is actually of the better ways to try to explain right wing minorities.

Actually it's about Ethics in Highly Sophisticated Interlocking Brick Systems(That are bought at toy stores)

I wish all news media would do this, they far too often just parrot whatever their fed. If it's not a fact, call out as such for all to see, not big font of the lie.

CNN’s chyron writer has been fighting the good fight since primary season.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The White house already has the authority to recall retired members of the military back into service.

I'm not sure I fully understand the change here, but I seriously doubt this is merit the panic I see on twitter over this.

The change is that the Secretary of the Army, Navy, and Air Force can do the same thing as the Secretary of Defense normally can. Basically the SecDef no longer has to micromanage every single person recalled into active duty from retirement.

Tamanon

Banned
It looks like it delegates the authority from the Secretary of Defense to the individual branch secretaries instead.

Still an odd change.

Chichikov

The change is that the Secretary of the Army, Navy, and Air Force can do the same thing as the Secretary of Defense normally can.
I think you're right. Seems pretty benign to me.

With that being said, being over vigilant about EOs is better than not paying attention, especially with this administration, though it always a good idea to not panic too quickly over things.

kirblar

The change is that the Secretary of the Army, Navy, and Air Force can do the same thing as the Secretary of Defense normally can. Basically the SecDef no longer has to micromanage every single person recalled into active duty from retirement.
This sounds like a Mattis request for an update in procedure, not a dastardly scheme.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
A secret plan to fight opioids!

This opioid thing is really, really bothering me. They need to get this under control as soon as possible. I've lost two friends from high school (one was my best friend since birth) to opioids in the last 6 months. This isn't just a drug issue--it's an economic one as well.

This opioid thing is really, really bothering me. They need to get this under control as soon as possible. I've lost two friends from high school (one was my best friend since birth) to opioids in the last 6 months. This isn't just a drug issue--it's an economic one as well.

You'd think that it being something that effects white people, that it'd be taken care of, but nope. Totally forgotten about.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
You'd think that it being something that effects white people, that it'd be taken care of, but nope. Totally forgotten about.

It hits rural America the hardest, so it gets ignored. Even in Washington state you can see how once it started to hit Seattle, everyone got all real interested in trying to do something about it recently. Be rich, white, and live on the coast. That's the ticket in this country.

Plinko

It hits rural America the hardest, so it gets ignored. Even in Washington state you can see how once it started to hit Seattle, everyone got all real interested in trying to do something about it recently. Be rich, white, and live on the coast. That's the ticket in this country.

Yep--it's rural whites. Republicans know they'll get voted for by this group no matter what, so they ignore it. In the rural Midwest it is running rampant. Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin. It's at crazy levels.

Culex

Banned

And it’s retired officers only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom