• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Summer Lesson is the scariest VR experience I’ve ever had

Felensis

Banned
i keep saying, the game needs to suddenly turn into a horror game near the end. Everyone sitting there with there dicks out and then the girl leaves the room, the lights go out, and some Ring/Grudge ghost comes for your ass, it was a trap.

loooool this is gold :D

paulogy

Not sure why OP posted basically the whole preview, but not the ending:

But then the demo was over with a colorful ”To be continued," and I walked away and laughed and tried to ignore how fast my heart was beating. Summer Lesson is deceptively cruel — at least, the Chisato episode is — but as an immersive, virtual reality horror experience, it kind of works.

It's true that everyone has their own idea of personal space. Some people I talk to in real life clearly don't mind being quite close. I hope they don't find it rude when I back away slightly. It's interesting that is one of the more compelling effects of VR.

Never knew there was more to direction, animation and scene than just a basic skeletal movement

I mean, the basic thrust of the argument is that she doesn't move like real life people. That hardly has anything to do with scene direction and whatnot.

In any case, "this game uses visual elements that resemble a number of types of media, among which is Japanese animation, which is probably maybe where they drew inspiration from" feels like a rather contrived rationale to call a not-anime, anime.

Top Bottom