• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July 2015: Rocket League, Styx, rain, Mousecraft, Geometry Wars 3, Entwined

RedAssedApe

Banned
Another awful month. Then again I don't know what I was expecting to be fair. I guess I got excited after seeing Black Flag on Gold, and was expecting something of similar quality. The most interesting thing on that list being a Vita only game while Entwined is on both PS4/Vita... Why? Rocket League is not my thing, I don't know why people always feel compelled to shove their tastes down others throats just to make a point. Every single Plus thread.

Strikes me how some people prefer to get garbage indie games instead of good retail games.

Pretty saddening.

Best wishes.

pot kettle black

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
You pay for ps plus because you need it for MP..the games are in fact free, nor can they please everyone every month. People expecting big AAA free games most months are dilusional.
PS+ is several things. None of which are free.

They all collectively together create the subscription service.

So they are not in fact free. You can call them complimentary if the primary reason you subscribe isn't the IGC but they are not free games.

I had no idea what Rocket league was, now that I do I can't wait. Looks like some stupid awesome fun.
Best multiplayer game I've played all year.

R1CHO

Almost everybody that tried Rocket's beta liked the game.

It's fantastic.

Styx is currently on sale in Steam and even so it's still 12€, so it's good value for what it seems to be a good game... Although maybe the ps4 port is not that great.

This is a very nice month, crossbuy GW3 would have made it great.

You do realize he was agreeing with you right? Saying he'd rather get new games on ps+ then old games he can pick up in the bargain bin?

My bad i'm dumb.

PS+ is several things. None of which are free.

They all collectively together create the subscription service.

So they are not in fact free. You can call them complimentary if the primary reason you subscribe isn't the IGC but they are not free games.

Best multiplayer game I've played all year.

Fair enough, people people shit posting every month because a game doesn't appeal to them is tirin..We get it... IF all it takes for you to resub is a game that appeals to you fine, no one really cares...PS plus is a lot more then the GC, the discounts can be quite good as well

I know this is PS4/3/Vita mostly but I just reupped my PS+ sub and I can't seem to find a way to make MediaGo or my PSP figure this out. I sent a support question to Sony and for some reason Sony Europe is who it was assigned to so that didn't help, they just sent me a link to reset my password.

Is there something I need to do to get the PSP a new + license for those games? Thanks.

RedAssedApe

Banned
find it interesting that people always talk about not re-upping every month. are a lot of people actually subscribed month to month for 9.99?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
find it interesting that people always talk about not re-upping every month. are a lot of people actually subscribed month to month for 9.99?
Why not. If they value that kind of flexibility then it makes sense to pay a higher price.

Some of the posters seem very upset month to month, so if they went with something more longer term they might end up being miserable. I think it's a good choice for them.

Nydus

shit i just bought styx like 3 weeks ago :(

even thought back then that it would probably never end on PS+ >.<

dolabla

I had no idea what Rocket league was, now that I do I can't wait. Looks like some stupid awesome fun.

You just don't know! My buddy is the one who got me hooked. He just text me one day telling me I need to get this awesome game/beta called Rocket League. I text him back and was like "what the heck is a Rocket League?".

I still have the beta on my PS4. Of course the beta has long ended, but that doesn't stop me from going into the practice mode (which you can still do) and just randomly practicing for almost 2 hours! It's like a drug, very addicting.

Ventara

Great month! Mousecraft, Geometry Wars 3 and Entwined all seem like games I'd enjoy laying on my Vita, and Rain is FANTASTIC. Great atmosphere. Don't know much about Styx and Rocket League, but the latter seems to be good going off of some comments here.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Why not. If they value that kind of flexibility then it makes sense to pay a higher price.

Some of the posters seem very upset month to month, so if they went with something more longer term they might end up being miserable. I think it's a good choice for them.

i dunno...personal decision i guess. i'd rather roll the dice and pay $30-40 for a yearly membership

GeeDuhb

To anyone hating the lineup...if you have not tried Rocket League, seriously give it a try. This game is so much fun! So excited for this alone!

Mine01

man im so conflicted, i reaaaally want rocket league but i dont know if subscribbing a year is worth it if I do all my online games on the bone... maybe ill wait for uc4 beta..

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Rocket League looks somewhat interesting but overall it's another shit month imo. If it wasn't for mandatory online I would been dropped plus. -_-

People like you are actually bad for video games. Like, we'd all be better off if you weren't here.

YEah such nonsense. It's an opinion, how can that be bad for video games? Step away from the keyboard and google want an opinion is. People like you are bad for neogaf best you weren't here.

Three

Rocket league! Had so much fun in the beta. Was ready to drop cash for it day one too. This is even better and there will be more people playing too.

Tambini

I wish all you guys had been this excited for rocket powered battle cars on ps3, would have been nice to have more than 15 people online at once lol

RedAssedApe

Banned
TIL to never buy digital games because in six months, before I find the time to play them, I'll own them anyway.

or games in general. dunno why the emphasis on digital. not buying a digital game because it might go ps+ is pretty much equivalent to not buying a disk game because it might go on sale

_woLf

Not the greatest lineup, but most important to me is that there are a lot of local multiplayer games. After the recent string of titles I have been excited for all having bad news on this front, this pleases me.

Paulie_C

Neo Member
So Rocket League looks like Street Racer Football.

Bit of a meh month for me, MS have upped their game for GWG so Sony may up theirs in the coming months or Im done with Plus.

Top Bottom