• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July 2015: Rocket League, Styx, rain, Mousecraft, Geometry Wars 3, Entwined

nded

Styx is a very solid old school stealth game, if a bit lacking in polish. No idea why it was being shat on so much earlier in this thread. Unless they're complaining about the load times which I hear are excruciatingly long in the PS4 version.

Wedge7

Nothing for me again, not that surprising. Not gonna drop PS+ or anything drastic like that lol, still worth it for the occasional sales and of course, playing online.

Styx is a very solid old school stealth game, if a bit lacking in polish. No idea why it was being shat on so much earlier in this thread. Unless they're complaining about the load times which I hear are excruciatingly long in the PS4 version.

People are shitting on it because it's not Assassin's Creed or Gears 3. I'm not even remotely joking.

Edit: And Knack. Forgot about that gem. It's rotting somewhere in my closet if anyone wants it.

breakfuss

Is Geometry Wars cross-"anything" lol? Already have it on PS4 so getting that version isn't a concern but I'd at least like to carry over my save. Either way I'm stoked to try it out on vita. Worked pretty well with remote play so I can only imagine how if good it runs naively. Fun (and highly addictive) game, folks. Don't sleep!

As for everything else. We'll see. GAF seems pretty hyped about Rocket League but yall have been wrong before so I won't hold my breath.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
GwG just got AC. PS+ should compete with that.

I think a lot of people forget about the amount of stellar months we've had over the years. I remember when ppl lost their shit that Sleeping Dogs was a PS+ title less than 6 months after release. Then we've had Batman Arkham City, MGS Revengeance, Dragon's Dogma, Okami just to name a few.

PS+ has had more great releases than GwG has hands down but we shouldn't be comparing anyway.

Deku Tree

I think a lot of people forget about the amount of stellar months we've had over the years. I remember when ppl lost their shit that Sleeping Dogs was a PS+ title less than 6 months after release. Then we've had Batman Arkham City, MGS Revengeance, Dragon's Dogma, Okami just to name a few.

PS+ has had more great releases than GwG has hands down but we shouldn't be comparing anyway.

But I mainly play on PS4... and a lot of us feel like PS4 PS+ free games have been permanently nerfed since PS+ is required for online play and PS4 is the massive sales leader.

Zocano

Styx is a god damn love letter to Thief and sports some of the best damn level design in the genre. Anyone who has the patience for a pure as fuck stealth game needs to play it.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
But I mainly play on PS4... and a lot of us feel like PS4 PS+ free games have been permanently nerfed since PS+ is required for online play and PS4 is the massive sales leader.

Maybe. Ive never looked at it as a service for one platform since Ive had a PS3 and Vita since IGC started. I have a PS4 but don't play online (haven't used it in 5 weeks since I no longer have a telly with hdmi).

Greddleok

Styx is a god damn love letter to Thief and sports some of the best damn level design in the genre. Anyone who has the patience for a pure as fuck stealth game needs to play it.

Sounds right up my alley. Came close to buying it last week too. This month is crazy good.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Pretty stellar month in my opinion. Geo Wars and Rocket League have made it worth it alone. I don't understand all the negativity.

Mostly lies and warz conjecture.

Just like others have said, PS+ has definitely expanded my palette. And I have a backlog of games I still have yet to catch up on.

Tizoc

I await the day Escape Goat 2 becomes a PS4 freebie just for the reactions.
I'm playing it right now and it is a friggin' blast to play. Love figuring out how to solve a room.

Gigglepoo

I'm playing it right now and it is a friggin' blast to play. Love figuring out how to solve a room.

If it suddenly appears free on Vita (like Geo Wars 3), I'll be ecstatic.

hawk2025

Well, a lot of us feel it has been improved by offering more and more day one new games, so therein lies the rub.

It's an absolutely masterful game, I agree. I await that day too. It will be fun to see the incessant bitching of yet another 2D game, without realizing that it has some of the most incredible level design I've seen in a very long time.
I wish this game had blown up as much as the Super Meat Boys and Braids.

Tizoc

Well, a lot of us feel it has been improved by offering more and more day one new games, so therein lies the rub.

It's an absolutely masterful game, I agree. I await that day too. It will be fun to see the incessant bitching of yet another 2D game, without realizing that it has some of the most incredible level design I've seen in a very long time.
I wish this game had blown up as much as the Super Meat Boys and Braids.

The one thing I dislike the most about EG2 is that when you fail or reset the game just shows a message 'DEAD' and then resets the stage...
That's bad, that's really bad.
Why not have it be a more encouraging message like 'Try again!' or 'Don't give up' Or something along those lines.
Just writing 'DEAD' is very disappointing considering how creative some of the stuff in that game is.

KORNdoggy

What's so awful about it?

Nothing. It's an above average stealth game. Like thief. I managed to enjoy that too despite people on gaf thinking it too was awful.

Its the usual case of "if it isn't 9 or 10/10 it must be a terrible game not worth playing" which frankly that's more then a little asinine

Jingo

Its an ok month, i dont think psn really cares too much on the games cause i bet if starting today , there were no more games given per month, people would still have ps plus cause of the online.

I fully endorse this message. Bought it a few months ago and the level design blew me away.

Top Bottom