• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 price was just announced in Argentina!

Alebrije

I feel sorry for people in Argentina and Brazil. In Mexico PS4 average price is $570,00 U.S. still high from my point of view.

You can still find Xbone one day editions; Xbone average price is $640.00 U.S. that is a lot of money here , more than a lot of people gets per month, so people just got cheaper PS3 /360 for gif to to theier childs. We are in a recesion period ( Mexico )

I feel sorry for people in Argentina and Brazil. In Mexico PS4 average price is $570,00 U.S. still high from my point of view.

You can still find Xbone one day editions; Xbone average price is $640.00 U.S. that is a lot of money here , more than a lot of people gets per month, so people just got cheaper PS3 /360 for gif to to theier childs. We are in a recesion period ( Mexico )
Wait... peoole in Mexico buys ps3s? I mean i only know 2 people how has a ps3 if you not buy a 360 in mexico you will be the weird child in the corner how has no friends!

Prelude.

playstation-4-ps4-brasil-caro-mundo.jpg
Who made this chart? It's €399 in Europe and ¥39,980 in Japan.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Bump for great justice.

This week dollar price went from 6 pesos to 8 pesos. And guess what?

1517602_10202061383148823_380188998_n.jpg

So yeah, it's official. Goodbye next gen. It's at the point where I would feel bad about spending that much money on a console.

So fuck you taxes, fuck you import laws, fuck you Sony for still charging u$s 1100 for a console that's $400 everwhere else.
I just realized that until last week I could've just crossed the river and get it for "cheap" thanks to the blue dollar :(
Here in Uruguay the MSRP is 1200 dollars btw

I live in Dominican Republic. PS4s here can be as high as 45,000 pesos (1,050US) but usually around 35,000. Minimum wage here 8,000(185US) a Month. Needles to say I only physically know one person who has one and 0 people with X1s. The only reasonable way to buy one here is importing and still comes around to 27,000 (630 US) total which is still a total month's income for a "good" job here. To put things in perspective that's what I use to make as "senior designer" at Yellow Pages Dominican Republic just a year ago. So yeah, not a big next gen crowd over here.

namedUser

Neo Member
I live in Dominican Republic. PS4s here can be as high as 45,000 pesos (1,050US) but usually around 35,000. Minimum wage here 8,000(185US) a Month. Needles to say I only physically know one person who has one and 0 people with X1s. The only reasonable way to buy one here is importing and still comes around to 27,000 (630 US) total which is still a total month's income for a "good" job here. To put things in perspective that's what I use to make as "senior designer" at Yellow Pages Dominican Republic just a year ago. So yeah, not a big next gen crowd over here.
That's wild. I was just out there last year and noticed that a 3DS is 300 USD. I thought that was bad.

This is off topic but do you know what the salary of a decent lawyer would be in cities like Santo Domingo and Santiago?

Trade agreements, people, trade agreements.

This. There are heavy import tariffs in place imposed by the Argentinian Government that is causing all gaming goods to get a large price inflation.

This isn't Sony's fault: it's an economic and political trade barrier imposed by Argentina itself, which is significantly damaging its civilians' purchasing power when it comes to gaming goods.

Biker19

Banned
Is this just what Argentinian prices are like in general, or just within the console space? Feels like Sony is just throwing down the gauntlet for you to go get yourselves a PC, but if they are relatively as high too, it's a lose lose :/ at least you can import the ps4.

This isn't Sony's fault; the Argentinian Government is to blame for it.

Dario ff

Banned
This isn't Sony's fault; their Government is to blame for it.

This. There are heavy import tariffs in place imposed by the Argentinian Government that is causing all gaming goods to get a large price inflation.

This isn't Sony's fault: it's an economic and political trade barrier imposed by Argentina itself, which is significantly damaging its civilians' purchasing power when it comes to gaming goods.
The only existing tax for goods like this is the 50% importation tax. It doesn't add up at all, like I mentioned in my previous post given other pieces of hardware that actually sell don't have anywhere near as much as this markup. Most imported PC Hardware actually goes pretty close to the 50% tax. It's a very poor excuse.

Sony's not without blame either. PC Hardware that actually sells often doesn't have a big markup anywhere near as close as this. I bought a $300 dollars GPU (In the US) the other day for like $3000 AR Pesos (Dollar cotization was to a level that it ended up in $450-$500 US Dollars, which goes pretty accurately with the 50% Imports Tax), and that's locally from an actual, legal hardware store. How come the PS4 which is at $400 (In the US) gets bumped to 3x the price of that GPU? There's no tax in gaming systems either like in Brazil. So your second quote would be false in this case... they have to deal with the 50% tax only.

They know they'll only sell a few of these to people with more money than patience. Did I mention they apply this tax for no reason to games as well? They even price-match it digitally to a whopping $130 dollars. It's nonsense because PC Retail games don't have this markup either (Well, the only few ones that even exist anymore), and it's not like Steam is obligated to do it either.

The markup doesn't make any sense, and I'm truly doubting they're not to blame when they even do it to digital games on their store that don't require any actual importation, nor there's ANY particular gaming-related laws. This isn't Brazil.

The most likely truth here is because these products aren't gonna sell that well, they'll just import a few and give it huge markups to justify it. Not like I think they should waste their limited shipment on this country anyway.

This may be an ignorant question(and I'm sorry if I offend), but why not attempt to save up a little bit every check? Even if it takes a year, you can still get it, just later.

Tecl0n

The recent fall of the peso has uprised every single electronic device. I have to buy a gpu, and because I didn't buy it last week, i now have to settle for the next best one(280 to 270). Another fascinating thing, is that if you had the dollars and sold it between thursday and friday of the week before on the black market (The "illegal" dollar reached its peak, and stores didn't know what to do) you could get mid range pc component cheapers than in the US. (High end, is another world, there is no competition so the prices are insane, a Titan is 1/3 of a new car).

Dario ff

Banned
The recent fall of the peso has uprised every single electronic device. I have to buy a gpu, and because I didn't buy it last week, i now have to settle for the next best one(280 to 270). Another fascinating thing, is that if you had the dollars and sold it between thursday and friday of the week before on the black market (The "illegal" dollar reached its peak, and stores didn't know what to do) you could get mid range pc component cheapers than in the US. (High end, is another world, there is no competition so the prices are insane, a Titan is 1/3 of a new car).
I'm laughing so hard right now because the GPU I bought 4 weeks ago is $2500 AR Pesos more expensive today ($3000 to $5500) due to the sudden dollar raise... That's some nice timing. I could even resell it now and get a profit! (I kinda prefer having the GPU tho)

I should mention the PS4 price was like this quite a few weeks ago before the dollar problem a few days ago tho... So get ready for even a more ridiculous MSRP soon! Sorry for Manu, but his outrage was over an old price. I'm expecting a $15000-20000 PS4 now.

That's wild. I was just out there last year and noticed that a 3DS is 300 USD. I thought that was bad.

This is off topic but do you know what the salary of a decent lawyer would be in cities like Santo Domingo and Santiago?

It depends on many things, usually connections. But for example most professionals with masters degree and all that hoopla don't really break the 60,000(1,400) a month. I got a friend who's 27 with a masters degree in marketing, who's bilingual and has vast experience who works at one of the biggest law firms in the country and makes around 65,000(1,600US) a month. The average professional worker at any somewhat reputable company like Nestle, Phillip Morris, or even a high profile bank is making around 40,000(900US) to 60,000 pesos.

For a "high" salary of maybe 100,000(2300US) or above monthly you gotta be "Chief of X" or "Head of X department." I'm in lucky situation as a designer because I have "good" base salary and I'm able to get double and sometimes triple that by freelancing and having international clients every once in a while. But for anyone else living strictly off their office jobs its tough out here. Aaaaaand to tie that into the topic that's why almost no one has next gen consoles here.

Tecl0n

I'm laughing so hard right now because the GPU I bought 4 weeks ago is $2500 AR Pesos more expensive today ($3000 to $5500) due to the sudden dollar raise... That's some nice timing. I could even resell it now and get a profit! (I kinda prefer having the GPU tho)

I should mention the PS4 price was like this quite a few weeks ago before the dollar problem a few days ago tho... So get ready for even a more ridiculous MSRP soon!

I was actually hoping to buy a DS4 along with the gpu...not gonna happen now :(.

Top Bottom