• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Invisible Enemies Mode - my speedrun ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°)ง

nfrM1fL.jpg

Wasp

Two full playthroughs later and I only just discover you can examine and open First Aid Boxes to get a first aid spray or herb. I wondered why the fuck I could never use them when my health was low, I just assumed I had to be in danger status before they could be used.

Tido84

Can you make one of the part where you go back to the mansion fighting hunters and go to the basement? I think that was two biggest misses of the Remake in not having the original music.

thx for watching,

today i showed to friends of mine that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyQ7HPVdhhw

video and they didnt even notice something. I mean there are no RE Buffs but they played all titles. as you can see the original soundrack fits perfect into the remastered version.

i love the music when the zombie comes into the dining room:)

i`m going to make a kitchen basement video and right now im making the Forest balcony area with the classic music. should be up in a bit.

Is it possible to go back and kill the shark? Is there some way to do it? My friend said there was a trophy to do it but I already got the key from the pool where it was and I never bothered killing it. But now I tried to go back to kill and it ate me... is there a way to go back onto the platform without it killing me?

ScOULaris

Two full playthroughs later and I only just discover you can examine and open First Aid Boxes to get a first aid spray or herb. I wondered why the fuck I could never use them when my health was low, I just assumed I had to be in danger status before they could be used.
Wow. I had no clue. Thanks for this.

Greenzxy

Got this baby loading on steam! My first entry into the Resident Evil series (because Revelations and Resident Evil 4 dun count)

Going in hard for dis game!

fresh.gif

Lothar

Banned
Got this baby loading on steam! My first entry into the Resident Evil series (because Revelations and Resident Evil 4 dun count)

Going in hard for dis game!

fresh.gif

Remember go for normal (mountain climbing) and old controls for the full authentic most tense experience. At least give it a try like that. If the old controls are unbearable, then feel free to change it.

Lothar

Banned
Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

Tips if you want them: Some of them aren't always obvious

Run whenever possible. If a room is full of zombies, it'll most likely be better to look on the map to find alternate routes until you have a lot of ammo.
Point up with the shotgun when you're fighting zombies for the chance of taking their heads off in one shot. It doesn't matter for any other weapon.
Examine every item unless you already know what it's supposed to be used for.
The map will tell you if you've found all the items in a room. If you haven't, the room will be colored red.

Unit24

Welp, I'm already stuck. I can't figure out this trap where I pick up a key and get killed by this statue with a spinning blade. I assume I need to replace the key with something else?

Shauni

Every Nook and Cranny Cheevo is not popping...all rooms are green...what am I missing?

Edit...damn do I have to go in the closet?

No, closet doesn't count.

An easy to miss one is the room with Jill/Chris. There are shotgun shells in there after you free them, you have to go back in.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Every Nook and Cranny Cheevo is not popping...all rooms are green...what am I missing?

Edit...damn do I have to go in the closet?

You need to pick up EVERY. SINGLE. ITEM. AND. FILE. in EACH. AND. EVERY. ROOM.

See anything on the map that is Red? That's stopping you.

---

Anyone can spoiler me on what the requirements for each of the characters ending #3 and #4 are in the gallery? For the life of me, I can't seem to remember what unlocks those versions.

Mr_Zombie

Anyone can spoiler me on what the requirements for each of the characters ending #3 and #4 are in the gallery? For the life of me, I can't seem to remember what unlocks those versions.

In REmake you can get Rebecca / Wesker activate the self-destruct system AND have Rebecca/Barry killed by the Tyrant during the final fight. Those variations count as separate endings, different than if you get Rebecca/Barry killed earlier in the game.

Cudder

The description is incorrect. You need to pick up everything in each room, not just enter each room.

You need to pick up EVERY. SINGLE. ITEM. AND. FILE. in EACH. AND. EVERY. ROOM.

See anything on the map that is Red? That's stopping you.

---

He did say every room was green. My guess is he missed the cell with Chris or Jill at the end of the game.

Tido84

He did say every room was green. My guess is he missed the cell with Chris or Jill at the end of the game.

actually its an easy trophy. did you miss the magazine clip in front of the ladder where you get the flamethrower? i was searching like crazy. and you should enter the cell like CUDDER said

i uploadet the Forest Speyer balcony room sequence with original OST.
hope you like it:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Nx_W232OA

just finished Original 1996 Score Richard and Rebecca

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5XwnigTpHY

tomasdk

Finally got this, never got around playing it much on my Wii since I couldn't get used to playing it with a controller as I am used to play the old RE games on a keyboard. Unfortunately found out I can't copy my control scheme from RE2 and 3 since the REmake has different buttons for attack and "examine" and I can't assign them to the same button for some reason like it was in RE2 and 3. Oh well, will have to come up with a new scheme or try to learn the default one although due to my controll memory I can't wrap my head around using wsad instead of the arrow keys for movement.
At any rate, it will be a great ride since I missed out on RE1 for the most part

ShinAmano

Nope. I was worried about this as I hadn't bothered unlocking the door to the kitchen, but I got the trophy. Every room just needs to vistied and to be green.
Damn...not sure what is up then...everything is green :( and I saved past the point of no return.

Bumhead

Banned
The room I was missing on my attempted run at Nook and Cranny was the Plant 42 roots room.

Played through with Chris, and obviously didn't mix or use the V-Jolt as a result (nor did I do the necessary to facilitate getting Rebecca to do it). Completley forgot that room as a result. Might be a commonly forgotten one for Chris runs?

Parsnip

If everything's green, I would look at all the doors in your map. Any you didn't go through? Like, maybe you missed a room entirely?

Take screenshots of your maps and post them somewhere, maybe someone else will notice something you might be missing.

Finally got this, never got around playing it much on my Wii since I couldn't get used to playing it with a controller as I am used to play the old RE games on a keyboard. Unfortunately found out I can't copy my control scheme from RE2 and 3 since the REmake has different buttons for attack and "examine" and I can't assign them to the same button for some reason like it was in RE2 and 3. Oh well, will have to come up with a new scheme or try to learn the default one although due to my controll memory I can't wrap my head around using wsad instead of the arrow keys for movement.
At any rate, it will be a great ride since I missed out on RE1 for the most part
With B-type original controls both shooting and examining are on the X-button. Just like RE2&3.
Only in the Japanese version biohazard HD the buttons are different.

Mr_Zombie

With B-type original controls both shooting and examining are on the X-button. Just like RE2&3.
Only in the Japanese version biohazard HD the buttons are different.

If you're playing on keyboard, like tomasdk, there's no types of controls - you just assign buttons. And unfortunately you can't assign the same button for Shooting and Examine. You also can't assign the same button for Run and Cancel (in RE1-4 the run button functioned as cancel in inventory and menus).

tav7623

Welp, I'm already stuck. I can't figure out this trap where I pick up a key and get killed by this statue with a spinning blade. I assume I need to replace the key with something else?

Well, first you need to get the
dog whistle from the reading room on the 2nd floor, East Wing (right side) of the mansion. Then you need to head to the 2nd floor west wing balcony (overlooking the dining room you first entered at the beginning of the game) and enter the far left door, in this hallway you will see a grey/silver door. Use the lockpick (or short key if you are playing as Chris) to go through this door which leads to a little outdoor terrace/balcony. Once outside use the dog whistle and kill the dogs that come, one of the dogs will drop a dog collar upon dying. Open/examine the collar to find a hidden emblem and upon examining the hidden emblem it will expand into a fake key that you can now use to solve the spinning blade puzzle.

ShinAmano

If everything's green, I would look at all the doors in your map. Any you didn't go through? Like, maybe you missed a room entirely?

Take screenshots of your maps and post them somewhere, maybe someone else will notice something you might be missing.
Going to check when I get home.

Also for some reason the game never let me record clips...no other issues though.cheevos progress tracker: 99% :(

Cudder

Damn...not sure what is up then...everything is green :( and I saved past the point of no return.

Did you actually pick up all of the maps in the game? Maybe you missed a map and actually missed going in to a room somewhere. If you missed a map only the rooms you go in show up.

If you're playing on keyboard, like tomasdk, there's no types of controls - you just assign buttons. And unfortunately you can't assign the same button for Shooting and Examine. You also can't assign the same button for Run and Cancel (in RE1-4 the run button functioned as cancel in inventory and menus).
Ah okay, that's really not a good implementation there.
A 360-pad emulator should solve this problem. Quasi the opposite of Joy2Key. Pretty sure something like that exists.

Think this is the first time I've ever actually beaten the game with Chris. Also was the first time that
Tyrant deflected a rocket in the final battle
, shocked the hell out of me. Now onto speed runs and harder difficulties!

Parsnip

I have been focusing on Jill, just finished the last thing I'll do there which was the invisible enemy mode. It was easier than I expected I guess. It helps that since I've been running Jill for quite a few games now I know the route like the back of my hand.

Regular Chris run and knife only run left, I think.

The limited edition for this was just 1000 yen more than standard but the Revelations 2 Limited Edition is almost double. That is ridiculous.

I know this the Japanese version of the remaster wasn't censored I was wondering if anyone knows if it will be the same for Revelations 2? I didn't see an OT for it so I figured I'd ask here in case anyone knew.

totem

Neo Member
I'm stuck and may need to start completely over

I've found the gold bee emblem, mask and am missing the helmet key. Problem is I have no health, 4 handgun bullets, no shells and there are several crimson heads everywhere I need to go. I can't run by them or kill them. What the hell do I do?

Parsnip

So how does the one dangerous zombie thing work exactly? I have a knife run left to do, will he show up if I just start a new game, or is it only in Once Again scenarios?

ArjanN

I'm stuck and may need to start completely over

I've found the gold bee emblem, mask and am missing the helmet key. Problem is I have no health, 4 handgun bullets, no shells and there are several crimson heads everywhere I need to go. I can't run by them or kill them. What the hell do I do?

Honestly you can't really completely screw yourself. Any new area you unlock generally has ammo and/or health.

On my first normal (the highest selectable difficulty at first) run I think I basically killed every enemy. The ammo is really only scarce in the mansion at first, I never ran out of ammo after going to the residence.

Until then just run past crimson heads. You run faster with no gun or knife equipped, that makes it a bit easier. Also remember to mash the movement keys/stick if you do get grabbed.

Obviously ideally you try to not create any crimson heads in the first place, by not killing any zombies until you have the shotgun to headshot them, or burn them. IMO you generally want to permanently kill any zombies in the rooms directly next to the save rooms, as you'll be going through those rooms the most.

DedValve

Banned
Real Survivor was an endurance test.

A total of 5-8 deaths (at least 90% of those being in the mansion early on) and I had more than enough magnum rounds, no shotgun, grenade launcher (the spread of ammo for this gun was incredibly well balanced) and a fuck ton of pistol ammo that didn't matter as the pistol was nerfed to water gun and had no stopping power.

Real Survivor taught me to get good at getting headshots with the shotgun. I love how its such a risk/reward with that and very easy to screw up to but easy to master by nailing the timing.

I'll probably do One Zombie next as Chris then Invisible Enemy as Jill (I wonder if I'll do the speedrun here) then do real survivor as Chris aka GET FUCKING GOOD SCRUB difficulty.

Also I love how detailed the bosses are and wish they weren't so easy to dispatch. Plant 42 had spores all around the room that prevented you from camping at a safe distance from the tentacles, you can kill Tiger by flamethrower, normal means or shooting the back of it which causes it to explode a bunch of baby spiders, the tyrant can actually DEFLECT YOUR ROCKET LAUNCHER if it sees it coming. Like holy fucking shit. My jaw dropped as he did that, comboed me, I ran out of healing supplies and had to try again as he was running towards me.

I can't find my chris avatar again so I'm bummed that I ever gave it up :(

So how does the one dangerous zombie thing work exactly? I have a knife run left to do, will he show up if I just start a new game, or is it only in Once Again scenarios?

I'm guessing you've already finished it twice with each character and unlocked it? Basically, Forest will appear in a few places around the house as a zombie with a bunch of grenades attached to it. Shoot or knife it and it's an instant game over. Once you leave the mansion the first time, it'll disappear.

It'll also only appear in Once Again, once you've unlocked it, not in Invisible Enemy or Real Survivor.

Parsnip

I'm guessing you've already finished it twice with each character and unlocked it? Basically, Forest will appear in a few places around the house as a zombie with a bunch of grenades attached to it. Shoot or knife it and it's an instant game over. Once you leave the mansion the first time, it'll disappear.

It'll also only appear in Once Again, once you've unlocked it, not in Invisible Enemy or Real Survivor.

Yeah, I've done everything else but the knife run. Well, I'm also missing a few bad ending videos for Chris, gonna get those during the knife run as well. So he'll disappear after you leave the first time, that's a relief.

Yeah, I've done everything else but the knife run. Well, I'm also missing a few bad ending videos for Chris, gonna get those during the knife run as well. So he'll disappear after you leave the first time, that's a relief.

Yeah, the rooms he appears in are random but there's only a handful of possibilities, so I'd suggest reading up on those rooms beforehand, just so you know to be careful in them. The only one I remember is 2F Dining Room/West Stairs (he starts in the Dining Room but breaks through the door into the West Stairs).

I played through this recently with Chris, about the first time I've played through this game in about 10 years (I played through the original for the first time a few months ago though). It amazes me how well this holds up even after playing most of The Evil Within and seeing that as something that has great moments but is overall a big mess. Anyway, a few questions that I'll spoiler tag just in case:

The crimson head in the coffin where you place the four death masks. Was that supposed to be George Trevor?

V-Jolt with Chris. How do I make Rebecca mix it? In the original, Chris would get grabbed immediately and then switch to Rebecca but that never happened in this play through? I assume that Jill will be able to automatically mix it?

V-Jolt with Chris. How do I make Rebecca mix it? In the original, Chris would get grabbed immediately and then switch to Rebecca but that never happened in this play through? I assume that Jill will be able to automatically mix it?

I believe you just need to have Richard die by not getting the serum.

I believe you just need to have Richard die by not getting the serum.

Haha really? That is incredibly contrived. Thanks for the answer.
I'd rather have that shotgun though. Now that I think about it, they probably have it like this for game balance reasons.

Top Bottom