• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

JSevere

one of the stronger episodes of the show for me. Jughead and Papa Jones father-son drama was done really well. smh @ the three week break

woooo

Thursday is back yet again!

archie_jug.jpg

best part of tonight's ep tbh

My favorite episode so far. Jughead and his dad's father-son issues and the history between Fred and FP was interesting to watch unravel. I was so happy that Fred covered for Jughead and got him out of there; Archie's dad is the best. Cole Sprouse killed it in those last few scenes; he expressed so much without even saying a word. Also the Blossoms are crazy and I'm thankful Cheryl went and warned Polly before her parents got there. And I knew
FP torched that car
!!!

I wish we didn't have to wait three weeks for a new episode :/ I'm going to probably rewatch all the episodes again during the downtime though :)

Here's an interesting thing I noticed in Jughead's dream/nightmare, it totally looks like Betty is wearing an engagement ring. It seems like a weird thing for the camera to focus on if it didn't have some kind of meaning.

Mortemis

Banned
Here's an interesting thing I noticed in Jughead's dream/nightmare, it totally looks like Betty is wearing an engagement ring. It seems like a weird thing for the camera to focus on if it didn't have some kind of meaning.

idk, maybe it's viral marketing

did she say she went to jareds?

I'm still enjoying the show and the ride, glad it got a season two though I had no doubts even with the lackluster Nielsen ratings.

idk, maybe it's viral marketing

did she say she went to jareds?
Did she? I wouldn't be shocked...

But I could see Kay Jewelers and their annoying slogan.

"Every kiss begins with Kay".

*cringe*

Jughead though seems like he'd be the type to rip on diamonds and how the only reason they hold the value they do is due to De Beers diamond cartel's hundred year old marketing campaign that made this whole diamond engagement ring deal a thing.

ZeroX03

Banned
Chapter Eight: The Outsiders
AV Club: A-

Episode seven was the best episode yet. Cole Sprouse (GhostWriter24) killed it. Tightened up and kept the plots all focused and interconnected (easily done with the cast together a lot of the time). Fred is acting like a normal person, being reasonable for his family and supporting Jughead.

Archie was still an idiot in this episode, but he was so with the very best of intentions. He acted with barely any thought, but it's because he saw Jughead needed him. AV Club review goes over it better.

Hermione... flip flopping on how good she is. I think she's a flawed but good person caught in a pretty bad marriage, but if she turned out to be secretly evil that probably wouldn't surprise me either. Veronica going partying was fun, and it was a nice touch that they did that scene sweaty, but it seemed to be the most meaningless thread. It's weird seeing Veronica be so mature in most respects but completely unable to understand her mother's actions or that her father is clearly the big bad of season two.

Madchen Amick is so good at being bad. Polly and Jason's murder stuff is good. Cheryl legit shook at Jason getting Polly pregnant. She did right by the baby in the end.

Also someone else definitely has to die before the killer is found, right? That's how these murder mysteries go. Someone comes close. They get whacked.

Show is at it's best when these kids are put in fucked up situations and help each other through them.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Great acting by Cole and Skeet, really helped selling their father and son drama without it feeling trite. Everyone else did good too.

The show is getting pretty good about making everyone interact in natural ways, I'm digging that. Most of the setup is done so now it's all about seeing the gears turning. Shame about the break, but at least it's not a massive one.

Archie was particularly attractive this episode. Dem arms...

CuMnzkN.gif

product placement so good i didn't even notice it lmao

i actually like betty's mom because she was on the lifetime hit show they decide to cancel but whatever.

Fuu

product placement so good i didn't even notice it lmao

i actually like betty's mom because she was on the lifetime hit show they decide to cancel but whatever.
I'm having fun catching these lol, I hope they keep doing it exactly like that.

And I like her too, but from Twin Peaks. Until TP season 3 airs I pretend that Shelly ditched that Bobby and Leo mess, moved from Twin Peaks to Riverdale and changed her name.

Goodstyle

We already know Jason was selling drugs. Not remotely surprised he is connected to the Southside Serpents. Sorry show, not all of your ending "shocks" are that shocking!

Fuu

We already know Jason was selling drugs. Not remotely surprised he is connected to the Southside Serpents. Sorry show, not all of your ending "shocks" are that shocking!
Actual twist: Jason had a secret affair with FP Jones. He keeps his jacket as a keepsake.

nah. let's just go with someone's parents stashed the drugs in there because they have ties with a druglord, it was stashed there after jason's death because it would make sense to blame him on it and that someone killed him due to drug related issues.

Actual twist: Jason had a secret affair with FP Jones. He keeps his jacket as a keepsake.

jason had an affair with the guy kevin made out with. i'm surprise he hasn't made a cameo again. he should.

Bubble

Neo Member
Probably my favorite episode so far. Very to the point and I liked the drama between Jughead and his dad (don't remember his name). Also helps that there was zero stuff about Archie and his music career or whatever.

Probably my favorite episode so far. Very to the point and I liked the drama between Jughead and his dad (don't remember his name). Also helps that there was zero stuff about Archie and his music career or whatever.
but they did a jam session close to the end with him and FP (Jug's Dead)

and we got Fred Head!

Fuu

I wonder if they'll ever say FP's full name (Forsythe Pendleton).

Also, looks like Jughead is literally called Jughead on the show.

weMc0HP.jpg

Joni

That confrontation between the Blossom and Cooper family. Sociopaths versus psychopaths.
Love the story on Jughead, mainly the opening.

Fancolors

Loved this episode. Archie as a character was a whole lot better this time than any other episode on the show. He still feels rather dull compared to the rest of the main cast, but it had nothing to do with his music career this time and instead focused on his broship with Jughead.

And kudos to both Mrs Cooper and Blossom. I hate both so much, they are doing a fantastic job at being grade A psychopaths.

MC Safety

Riverdale has the dramatic "walk of shame" from Riverdale High down.

But there was no need to pull Jughead during school hours. And Sheriff Keller was just grasping at straws.

There was also no need for Mr. Andrews to commit fraud on Jughead's behalf considering the sheriff was just shaking down a teenager without any cause.

Really good episode. That opening sequence was amazing.

I agree with the above on how Jughead got called in with the sheriff's limited evidence. I would have thought him touching the drugs last week would be how they caught him to call him in by matching his DNA to it.

Archie was a lot more enjoyable this week since he was tied into the main plot. Hopefully they keep this up. I liked the touch of Cheryl thinking Polly is still genuinely insane but caring enough about the fact she's carrying her brothers child enough to keep her from her parents.

I'm dodgy about Hermione who balances between good, if flawed parent and straight up Mrs. Cooper/Blossom tier at times. While she and Veronica are the only two we know aren't the killers (wait until the plot twist that both were somehow in Riverdale on July 4th) there's still something super off on her. I wouldn't be shocked if she turns Polly over.

Makonero

Riverdale has the dramatic "walk of shame" from Riverdale High down.

But there was no need to pull Jughead during school hours. And Sheriff Keller was just grasping at straws.

There was also no need for Mr. Andrews to commit fraud on Jughead's behalf considering the sheriff was just shaking down a teenager without any cause.

But really...where was Jughead that night?

But really...where was Jughead that night?

Archie probably told his dad that he was homeless, so Archie's dad lied for him so he wouldn't have to tell the Sheriff that he was living in the drive-in.
Pull the trigger (literally) and make Jughead the killer CW.

Fuu

some new pictures because why not (the KJ one is old, but I haven't seen it before)

also, KJ and Cole are still traveling together. on their way to SXSW now.

C6mxjGZWYAI1WJi.jpg:large

C6mqPBHWcAAt8EH.jpg:large

C6g9n9ZWsAAbh4e.jpg:large

C6g7umzWgAAWDnX.jpg:large

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
YAY for S2. Just caught up on the last two episodes.

- Why are so many of the parents such utter garbage on this show? Only Fred and the Sheriff are decent. I also think that Fred did the right thing with FP (I trust his version of the story more). Ultimately FP is to blame for the family tearing apart, though it is pretty bad that Fred seems to be oblivious to what the consequences were for Jughead, especially since he's Archie's best friend. He seems to be making up for it. As for Hermione, I'm on the fence with her. I am leaning towards that she's finding her way through a bad situation and while she's made some questionable decisions, she really does love Veronica.
- I figured that Polly and Jason were planning to run away. Good on Cheryl for warning Polly that here parents were no good. Though I have to laugh that they chose to meet up at Pop's. Everyone is looking for Polly so let's meet at the most obvious place where everyone in town goes.
- I really like Jughead and Betty, though I have a feeling that they are going to wind up as friends. I know there is a lot of people who are upset that Jughead is not asexual but I'm starting to think that they are "using" Betty for him to come to that realization.
- I know that everyone really loves spotting the blatant Cover Girl product placement but honestly, I love finding Betty's pearls more. Sometimes they are easy to spot and sometimes not. She had pearls in her Pussycat ears. In the 1950s version her collar was entirely made of pearls.
- that final Jughead and FP scene was fantastic
- His name is actually Jughead?! Poor boy.

Top Bottom