• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The Last of Us 2 in production, launching in 2015

HockeyDud

Neo Member
There's like no evidence there at all, just "inside source". Sorry, after all the crap lately with inside source stuff (Nintendo Fusion) I'm not buying it. Of course, sites like Dualshockers are going to nab this up and throw it on N4G then it'll make the rounds. But, Uncharted 4 may or may not release this year, and I highly doubt Naughty Dog would release The Last of Us 2 literally right after that. 2016 at the earliest imo.

Whompa

Unless there's a totally different story to tell with different characters, I am ok.

Joel and Ellie deserve a rest.

Oppo

It would be cool if Naughty Dog simply gave it a new, completely different title, for the follow up. No numbers, no colons, just... Another, appropriate, title.

They're one of the few that could actually pull this off in video games.

No way this is possible considering Uncharted will more than likely be coming out next year. They aren't going to release both in the same year.

DedValve

Banned
The Kart in Us: Feat. Nathan Drake from Naughty Dog!
Pre-order now for Elena!

I actually would really dig a lovely kart game set in the Last of Us world.

I don't think so.
I don't see what they could do for a second installment.
Also 2015 is way to early, no way thats going to happen.
They won't release two games in one year.

GoodlifeX

I refuse to believe Naughty Dog will do this. Adding more to a complete story just seems crazy. But then again...money.

Hixx

I don't know where they could take the story from the first game, but another game set in the same universe? Sure.

And a more fleshed out MP mode, because I really bloody enjoyed that, too!

No way this is possible considering Uncharted will more than likely be coming out next year. They aren't going to release both in the same year.

The Last of Us was the second team's first game, I believe. They do have two teams now afaik.

edit: you edited your post so this now seems non-sensical. Boo :(

Briarios

The Last of Us, Again?

The Last of Us: Even Lastier?

Anyway, I agree it doesn't need a sequel ... But, they want a franchise, so it will be. I think the next one should be from a totally different perspective for it to work. I don't want a retread.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Is Left Behind the only single player DLC we should expect? If not, I'd expect a TLoU: Definitive Edition with all DLC in 2015 for PS4 but a full blown sequel in the same timeframe as a new Uncharted? Not happening.

Spiegel

2015 would feel too soon wouldn't it?

June 2013 -> November 2015 = ~ 2.5 years.
If U4 is this year
November 2011 -> November 2014 = 3 years

ND has two teams and the TLOU team surely will benefit from everything the U4 team has done.

It doesn't sound that unlikely.

Kinyou

I sure hope they don't go with "The Last of Us 2" for the title.
The Last of The Last of Us

Is Left Behind the only single player DLC we should expect? If not, I'd expect a TLoU: Definitive Edition with all DLC in 2015 for PS4 but a full blown sequel in the same timeframe as a new Uncharted? Not happening.
So far is Left Behind the only announced SP DLC and I don't think ND has said that they want to make more.

Juraash

On the one hand, I could see it. There are plenty of other people in plenty of other places with stories they could tell.

On the other, I think I'd really just prefer it as a (wonderful) stand alone piece. Not every successful ip needs to be run into the ground with sequels.

It would be really unwise to not capitalize on a sequel to a sure-to-sell game.

Honest question, when was the last time a commercially successful game didn't evolve into a franchise?

Zunja

I think this sounds cool. It doesn't have to be a sequel it could just be set in the world. I'm sure Joel and Ellie weren't the only sad people during this time.

I'd like to see it maybe more post with less zombies and more rebuilding.

Corpsepyre

Banned
It's certain they will make another game, but 2015? That's...early?

I'm not against the idea of having sequels to the game, though it would have been cool to see it as a standalone game. But lets be realistic here. Economic reasons aside, would you not want to explore more of the world? Look at The Walking Dead and what they did with the series. Setting the game in some other city, with different characters, and retaining the core emotional content of the first game, would be excellent.

Top Bottom