• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakura Note (MMV/DS/Adventure)

fushi

duckroll said:
http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/ds/sakuranote/index.html

Official Site's open. And it doesn't say /game/ds/sakuranaut/index.html! :p
I only now noticed that there's a girl standing in the background there, who, I presume, is Nanami.

I'm pretty excited for this game. From the PV it would seem that this might have a more action-oriented combat system (A for attack, B for evasion sounds good, right?!), as opposed to that passive system Contact had, but who knows. There's still room for things to go wrong.

Love the game visuals but I'm not too fond of the chara designs. I do suppose it's better to be different than generic though.

ivysaur12

Banned
The game looks nice (though the sprites could be better) but I'm a bit concerned since Contact didn't really do it for me.

How does the gameplay system work? Something about two buttons in the trailer, but I didn't really get it.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
duckroll said:
Why does Gears of War sound so similar to God of War if it's so different? :(
Hey yeah... Why DOES it? It's especially annoying when people abbreviate them to GOW.

Seriously though, looks beautiful, the look of the combat kind of worries me though.

GhaleonQ

ethelred said:
Actually, I'd be kind of surprised if this isn't localized. Nearly every notable title that MMV has published in the past few years has gotten out of Japan (the Rune Factories, Half Minute Hero, the Luminous Arcs, the Valhalla Knights, Little King's Story, Avalon Code, Steal Princess, Lux Pain...). Even the really niche ones. If this was a Namco or Konami game, I would say you'd be right to be concerned, but I think someone will probably localize this. At the very least I expect that Rising Star will publish it in Europe.

I thought that as well, but something MUST give with their finances, right? If the ledger matches the head's recent complaints and their sales figures, I'm worried.

jesusraz

duckroll said:
It's a MMV game. There's no hope, and there's no "long run". :p
Sad, but true...~15,000-20,000 first week if its lucky, then gone forever :( That would at least mean it does better than Contact.

batbeg

Is it too much for me to hope the NA or PAL versions retain that awesome boxart? ...Probably. But pixel characters on covers = sex!

r1n8f9.jpg

Though I actually have the NA version... shhh...

jesusraz

I'm sure Rising Star is already evaluating the prospect of bringing this over, complete with the same box art...

Sagitario

batbeg said:
Is it too much for me to hope the NA or PAL versions retain that awesome boxart? ...Probably. But pixel characters on covers = sex!

r1n8f9.jpg

Though I actually have the NA version... shhh...

Is this game good?

batbeg

Farore said:
Is this game good?

I like it, but most don't. The combat is almost non-existent in its simplicity. But I love the graphics and the music, and there's a great deal of charm in the entire affair. I found it oddly addictive.

I'd recommend it for a cheap pickup title - I got it for something like $15 so that that may explain why I'm more lenient with the flaws.

GhaleonQ

Ha! The lost Final Fantasy soundtrack! The battle theme even starts with the "duh-duh-duh-duh-duh" low piano. A lot of the tracks have a carnival or Mediterranean/eastern European feel to them, and almost all of them have a slow tempo (perfect for the game, of course). Remove the medieval stuff from Final Fantasy IX's, lower the quality a bit, throw in a little Another Code/Hotel Dusk, and you'll have it. It's even weirder than the Soft-Boiled Hero stuff, too. There's 1 song where people harmonize a cappella vowel sounds.

I'd really love to hear impressions of the game if anyone has any.

duckroll

My OP is vindicated, and people who felt I was being a negative ninny are all fucking pwned. Game sold 2k in Japan, and bombed even harder than Contact. Obviously Audio Inc, and the has-been staffers previously from Squaresoft have pretty much zero selling power on their own. No one wants their shit, and no one cares for their shit. :lol

spidye

duckroll said:
My OP is vindicated, and people who felt I was being a negative ninny are all fucking pwned. Game sold 2k in Japan, and bombed even harder than Contact. Obviously Audio Inc, and the has-been staffers previously from Squaresoft have pretty much zero selling power on their own. No one wants their shit, and no one cares for their shit. :lol
wow you REALLY must hate them. what did they do that deserves so much hatred?

Top Bottom