• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So... Marvel Just SDCC

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Marvel just announced a slew of movies...
kItdl0r.jpg

aajC4lT.jpg

Taika Waititi directing Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson and.... Natalie Portman! Yes, she'll be Female Thor and Taika is taking inspiration from The Mighty Thor.

5jkYEkB.jpg

Scarlett, Rachel Weisz and David Harbor are in this. Includes Taskmaster

ueBz8Yy.jpg

Tony Leung and Simu Liu will be the stars with Leung cast as The Mandarin

cAzqVKv.jpg

Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek and more. Chloe ... I'm forgetting her last name but she is an Asian American director.

kNKS4FO.jpg

Not too much is known about this but Mahershala Ali is the new Blade.

SOpoMeT.jpg

This will be Marvel's first horror movie. Cumberbatch says the humor is still there but with a lot frights. Scarlett Witch is also in it and the events of her show directly tie into this movie

6lJvODf.jpg

This follows the Loki from the 2012 timeline that escaped with the Tesseract

QPeLGyu.jpg

This will be an animated movie... With many actors from.the MCU voicing their characters

kRUSaQ2.jpg

This will take place (partially) between Civil War and Infinity War. It'll also have the young and adult versions of Monica Rambeau.

7saRk0U.jpg

Sam, Bucky and Zemo return. Zemo will have a black mask instead of the purple one from the comics.

Not shown but announced were Black Panther 2 and...

Fantastic Four!

Edit: I meant to type "So... Marvel Just Won SDCC"

Edit 2: Feige also announced, but not shown, GotG 3 and Captain Marvel 2!

Last edited:

kunonabi

Thor - vomit
Dr. Strange - Hell yeah
Blade - Big shoes to fill but I'm still stoked.
Shang-Chi - on the fence but Tony Leung as the Mandarin is hard to say no to.
Eternals - Probably a pass despite Hayek, Li and Don Lee
Black Widow - probably a pass
Hawkeye - Kate Bishop sucks so pass

I can't believe they shat all over Thor in Endgame and it wasn't even to make way for the undeserving Valkyrie to become the new Thor.

Also apparently Feige used the term mutants instead of X-Men so we probably are getting a name change.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Thor - vomit
Dr. Strange - Hell yeah
Blade - Big shoes to fill but I'm still stoked.
Shang-Chi - on the fence but Tony Leung as the Mandarin is hard to say no to.
Eternals - Probably a pass despite Hayek, Li and Don Lee
Black Widow - probably a pass
Hawkeye - Kate Bishop sucks so pass

I can't believe they shat all over Thor in Endgame and it wasn't even to make way for the undeserving Valkyrie to become the new Thor.

Also apparently Feige used the term mutants instead of X-Men so we probably are getting a name change.

I think they're going to start sprinkling in mutants in some of the Phase 4 movies. That way when they have the X-Men there, there won't have to be too much of a surprise.

GV82

I read somewhere in a flurry of tweets or reddit Scarlet Witch is going to appear in Dr Strange : Multiverse Madness, is that how Mutants are going to be introduced of true?

cr0w

Old Member

I haven't seen a Marvel film in the theater since....Civil War, I think? Still haven't seen Far From Home or Endgame. The MCU just doesn't do it for me anymore, as someone who grew up on the comics I just can't stand where they've taken the majority of the characters and I don't like how if you don't like the films now you're a racist/sexist.

Plus there's just too goddamn many of them.

Last edited:
3 years ago, I would have been pumped. After everything that’s happened to movies and Hollywood and Marvel, I really don’t think I can muster up any hype for Phase 4. Hopefully it won’t be a complete and total woke-fest, but I’m not holding my breath.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I read somewhere in a flurry of tweets or reddit Scarlet Witch is going to appear in Dr Strange : Multiverse Madness, is that how Mutants are going to be introduced of true?

I literally said the bolded in my OP. LOL!

And not sure how they're introducing mutants. I don't think it'll be a reverse House of M thing...

Last edited:

gatti-man

I haven't seen a Marvel film in the theater since....Civil War, I think? Still haven't seen Far From Home or Endgame. The MCU just doesn't do it for me anymore, as someone who grew up on the comics I just can't stand where they've taken the majority of the characters and I don't like how if you don't like the films now you're a racist/sexist.

Plus there's just too goddamn many of them.
If you’re getting upset about sjw shit when you watch a marvel movie you really need to stop paying attention to niche groups on the internet.

womfalcs3

Banned
Really... after I get to watch Endgame, I will have no interest to watch anymore Marvel content. It's so formulaic now. I re-watched Captain America: the First Avenger the other day, and I was surprised to see how they went from a perfectly good drama to the current state of Marvel movies.

I'm just interested to see how the Thanos arch concludes.

Last edited:

pel1300

Sorry but Infinity War + Endgame already gave us the most epic story. I can't muster the hype for future MCU films.

It doesn't help that the final act of Endgame showed me hints of: 'Hey, the future of this franchise is not for you"

G-Bus

Banned
After seeing far from home I realized i might be getting a bit burned out on these.

Definitely excited about a bunch of them but I can wait.

cr0w

Old Member
If you’re getting upset about sjw shit when you watch a marvel movie you really need to stop paying attention to niche groups on the internet.

Where did I say I was getting upset about "SJW" shit? I said I didn't like that disliking the movies for legitimate reasons got you labeled as racist or sexist. I don't like that Cap and Thor were neutered, Stark created all of Pete's tech, Black Widow got turned into an infertile simp, Hulk got jobbed out every time somebody blinked, and pretty much all of the villains got turned into punchlines. Even if I were to expand on my gripes, certain corners of the internet would claim it was all because I didn't like Brie Larson or some shit. No. I don't like the MCU versions of the characters, there's no deeper social reasoning there.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ah, the OP said it was.

Just Googled it and it'll be a Disney+ series.

I'll change my opinion: Probability of Hawkeye being the worst rated and most boring Marvel series ever: 100%

Now there is something we can agree on.

"I got a technologically advanced mech suit."
"I am a genetically modified super soldier."
"I'm the god of thunder."
"I can shoot arrows really fast."

Bruh...

thequestion

The base game is finished. These movie announcements are all just expansion packs made by a 3rd party developer. Dr. Strange horror movie, might be interesting. Dunno if I care about the rest. Mandarin appearing and not against RDJ is a disappointment .

sol_bad

Feels like we're living in bizarro world where the MCU is suddenly a joke and the DC thing is way more respectable.

How in the world is the DC side more respectable? They are still working their shit out. Wonder Woman was great with a shit ending. Shazam and Aquaman were both good but have tonal problems and no where near the level of Infinity War, Winter Soldier, Far From Home, Endgame, Ragnarok or Civil War.

sol_bad

That's an amazing B Tier lineup. I'm starting to think Marvel needs Spiderman and Sony badly now.

If that's a negative comment, sorry brah, in 2007 Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Cap America were all C tier. Look where they are now.

Dacon

Banned
Blade horribly miscast, and lmao at them adapting the worst time period in the Thor comics.

SMH. Makes sense why they shit all over Thor in Endgame now.

If that's a negative comment, sorry brah, in 2007 Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Cap America were all C tier. Look where they are now.

For normies who don't read comics, sure.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Thor: Love and Thunder - Jane Foster as Thor? With Natalie Portman returning? Eh... Normally I'd be groaning but since Taika Waititi is directing again I'll give it a chance. Ragnarok was a fun movie despite it completely rewriting the character.

Eternals - This I'm more iffy about. I like the Eternals as a concept but they've never really worked for me in the comics. But Feige has proven me wrong before in adapting the weirder titles of Marvel.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Hell yes. Doctor Strange was one of my favorite MCU films and Benedict Cumberbatch was born to play the part. Them going the horror route is a natural fit for the character and could introduce the more Lovecraftian elements of the Marvel Universe.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - So the Mandarin is taking Fu Manchu's place as Shang Chi's nemesis? Hmm. A better fit than Iron Man at least. Still not convinced that Marvel can do a kung fu film but again, Kevin Feige has proven me wrong before with great results.

Black Widow - If this isn't a flashback movie and instead a continuation of the events after Endgame I don't know how they're going to pull this off. But I love Scarlett Johansson as Natasha and I'm glad she's getting her own film finally.

Blade - I haven't seen Mahershala Ali in anything but a few roles here and there but I know about all the praise he's been given. I'm pretty sure he'll do a good as Blade but I've never really cared much for the character.

As for the rest, I'm not interested in the Disney+ streaming service so I may miss these shows. A shame, since I like the characters. Elizabeth Olsen is great as Wanda and I think Paul Bettany's Vision is one of most fascinating characters in the MCU. I'm intrigued by the premise of Falcon and the Winter Soldier and am glad Daniel Bruhl is returning as Zemo. As for Loki, well Tom Hiddleston is always a win in my book.

Last edited:

Xenon

Hawkeye
Black Widow
Eternals
Wanda and Vision
Falcon and The Winter Soldier
Thor with Portman leading

:messenger_grimmacing_

u9TNoEE.jpg

Blade could be good if its R rated

If "the" scene in Endgame is any indication, Black Pather 2 and Captain Marvel 2 will deliver a healthly amout of virtue signaling.

Fantastic 4, is too far off to consider.

Top Bottom