• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 15 Thread Of Celebrity Meltdowns And Topical Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Holy fuck that was amazing.

snow monkeys
eskimo kiss blow job
the entire canadian wedding

First two episodes sucked but that was 10/10

isny

napkin dispenser
The ending was pretty retarded, save for the Star Wars shot (of them standing there with medals) before the cut to credits.

The announcer was great though. (So was the Large Tree, lol)

overcast

I thought it was pretty damn funny. Really enjoyable to watch, the other 2 kind of felt like a chore to go through.

Damn south park Canadians are hilarious, the announcer was gold.

Pretty meh overall, but the Royal Wedding with its traditions and the guy commenting on it were great. The last 30 seconds had me laughing hard.

I thought it was sort of average. Still, it was a lot better than last week's episode. Enjoyed the weeding commentary and the Giant Dick guy was hilarious. The best thing about the episode though was how random a lot of it was. It wasn't relying on some massive punch line.

Jinaar

shadyspace said:
I always wonder if Canadians gets salty at South Park's portrayal of them. It's pretty brutal :lol

I'm from Edmonton and was in tears most of the episode (Lost it when Ike took out his Canadian box there). There was nothing to take offense to personally, it was hilarious throughout. The whole Mackey/Tooth Decay thing must have been in relation to something else, don't want to pick on the obvious of 9/11 + Never Forget(tm) + death of Osama + Populace of new people on earth that just don't understand what happened 10 years ago. Either way that is a discussion for another time.

I loved the whole "giant" part. They totally used Lord of the Rings camera trickery to show how "massive" Scott was. Massive DICK that is.

EDIT: Getting an Arrested Development vibe (Funniest show ever fails in TV Market viewership) here with people that just don't get this episode and didn't find the funny. To illustrate this, we play the fill in the blank game.

"You must be this ________ to watch this episode of South Park and laugh!"

Place in whatever you wish. I put in the following words: high, intelligent and penis.

aesop

Jinaar said:
The whole Mackey/Tooth Decay thing must have been in relation to something else, don't want to pick on the obvious of 9/11 + Never Forget(tm) + death of Osama + Populace of new people on earth that just don't understand what happened 10 years ago. Either way that is a discussion for another time..

Seems like they were drawing some inspiration from their own play, The Book of Mormon, which is currently on Broadway.

big_z

i live near the tree in edmonton!

imo all episodes have been good so far although it seems like the funny bot episode went over most peoples heads.

Stubo

"If you have been ordered to open your box of faith, then one or more of the royal family must be in peril.
Or else, you have just opened your box of faith and are watching this without being told to, in which case you are a dick."

So awesome!

Jinaar

aesop said:
Seems like they were drawing some inspiration from their own play, The Book of Mormon, which is currently on Broadway.

Never thought about that. Good pick up. Going to see that next Wednesday personally. Good insight there.

squicken

rem said:
The little mushroom people of Nova Scotia really got me for some reason, haha

I just thought the entire wedding was hysterical. The multi-colored abbey, square wheels, the announcer, pudding, and of course Corey Hart.

Suairyu

Banned
Maybe it's just because I'm British and watched the Royal Wedding from 8am, but that was hilarious.

Canadian box of faith speech was amazing.

glaurung

This was an awesome episode.

First of all there was the awesome narration at the wedding, when things started going awry, the narrator just continued at the exact same pitch.

Of course the wedding traditions and incessant farting was funny, as it has been throughout the Canadian arcs.

The school play and Mackey losing it was funny too.

Definitely the best episode from the current season so far.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
while the episode was kinda weak, when the pudding got flipped, and it seemed more people cared about that then the princess flying out of the building, i laughed pretty hard.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the people who post while watching the episode while it's airing feel obligated to post positive impressions?

fisheyes

Episode was alright. Nothing special, but certainly better than the first two. The announcer at the wedding and the return of ugly bob and scott the (giant) dick were the best parts. Tooth Decay as the monster was horribly predictable though.

Wow I am absolutely messed up. I liked last week's episode a lot more than this one. It could be a mood thing. I loved the Tyler Perry/ Doctor Who / Osama premise last week, thought it was pretty clever. This week's was just typical Canada bashing and no real connection (
Tooth Decay? What is that abut
).
Is there anyone else who felt the same way?

nose rubbing blowjob was frigging genius though

Bento

Fun episode :eek:)

Not the best they've made but an improvement over the past two, hopefully the they can work themselves up from here.

malingenie said:
Wow I am absolutely messed up. I liked last week's episode a lot more than this one. It could be a mood thing. I loved the Tyler Perry/ Doctor Who / Osama premise last week, thought it was pretty clever. This week's was just typical Canada bashing and no real connection (
But the Canada bashing is fun! I do wish the second storyline would have been better though :(

malingenie said:
).

nose rubbing blowjob was frigging genius though

About your first spoiler. When you think about the reference to the British wedding, it makes sense.

Clydefrog

Sir Fragula said:
How do you mean?

tumblr_lk2hysS3QT1qarujbo1_400.jpg

DrEvil

not a medical professional
shadyspace said:
I always wonder if Canadians gets salty at South Park's portrayal of them. It's pretty brutal :lol

I'm from London (near Toronto), and I loved it.

South Parks' portrayal of us is so absurdly hilarious that I don't get upset.. actually, in most cases, their episodes that rag on Canada are actually pretty nice and/or flattering... They walk that line very well.

Tucah

you speak so well
I really didn't like this episode but I guess it was the best this season so far (but that's like saying herpes is the best STD). I reaaaally hope they step it up for the last four episodes of this half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom