• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGA Celebrity News: Zachary Levi Hosting, Black Keys And Deadmau5 Performing

lucius

I like him they should have his wife on Chuck co-host, I mean she is in one of the biggest games this gen.

Wait, people here are really tuning in specifically for fuckin' Deadmau5? That's... unfortunate.

Nice that they got a host that actually plays video games, I suppose.

Bowdz

Spike VGAs (glorified 2 hour commercial for producers, terrible guests, insulting to gaming, no real meaning for winning) - Fantastic host, video game fan (who actually plays games and knows what he is talking about), actor Zach Levi

AIAS Awards (the academy awards for video games) - Jay Mohr (again)

Maybe someday, the AIAS won't be cringe worthy 99.99999984843% of the show. Great news with Zach Levi although I still doubt I will watch the show.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
YES! I love Chuck. Zac Levi is hilarious.

QcMnU.gif

DoAON.gif

Derrick01

Banned
Oh the Chuck guy, wouldn't have known who or what any of that was if someone didn't explain what Zachary's been in.

I would have preferred Yvonne hosting :p

Bgamer90

Banned
Zachary Levy is definitely into gaming and I'm a big fan of the Black Keys.

I'm kinda looking forward to this now.

They might as well get Ubisoft's Mr. Crack Cocaine to host it, at least it would be interesting.

Compare the Spike VGAs to the Video Game BAFTAs here in the UK. They're hosted by Dara O'Briain, a comedian who geniunly loves gaming. And the awards are being picked up by people who at least work for the publisher, if not part of the development team, instead of random celebs with little or no involvement in the game.

Rant over.

Bgamer90

Banned
They might as well get Ubisoft's Mr. Crack Cocaine to host it, at least it would be interesting.

Compare the Spike VGAs to the Video Game BAFTAs here in the UK. They're hosted by Dara O'Briain, a comedian who geniunly loves gaming. And the awards are being picked up by people who at least work for the publisher, if not part of the development team, instead of random celebs with little or no involvement in the game.

Rant over.

Zachary Levi is a gamer.

Previous VGA hosts weren't from what I recall.

So yeah, it isn't like he's just a random celeb.

fernoca

Yeah. Zachary Levi's Twitter over the last months was like GAF-lite with talk about Gears 3, Uncharted beta, etc.

And here's hoping! (from his Twitter)
ZacharyLevi
I may or may not be nude for part of this program. You'll have to tune in to see.

:p

Also:

6Rvsu.jpg

fisiP.jpg

I think zach is a good choice in the sense that he's a likeable dude that plays video games but is chuck so popular that an average dude would know him?

Raife

The only thing that surprises me more than people disliking The Black Keys is that some people have no idea who they are. This news makes me think it may be a decent show. Might tune in for a bit.

fernoca

I think zach is a good choice in the sense that he's a likeable dude that plays video games but is chuck so popular that an average dude would know him?
Well, he was also in the Alvin & The Chipmunks sequel which did over $400 million in theaters and also did the voice for the "prince" in Tangled; and also performed the song with Mandy Moore at the Oscars last year.

Not that "OMG big movies" but he has been around stuff that the "general audience" can recognize. That they do, is another thing. :p

He also founded 'The Nerd Machine'.

3uTpg.jpg

Takuan

Gotta watch it for the Keys. I don't watch Chuck and am indifferent to Levi being the host, but it's cool that he's actually into games. I don't listen to deadmau5, but just the fact that the VGA seems to be getting bigger and bigger can't be a bad thing.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Apparently people are more interested in this than I expected, so we'll split it into its own thread.

A Deadmau5 performance is the only thing I'd be interested in on this show... :p Plus, the guy is obviously big into games (Dissidia PSP most recently IIRC). And the Black Keys aren't half bad either!

Top Bottom