• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Azure J

Lmao Red.

Azure, what kind of things do you have in mind? Anything related to Splatoon?

I'm trying to set it up as a general gaming channel with a slant to Splatoon/Smash/Nintendo/Guilty Gear. I don't need anything fancy though if things get too crazy for folks.

@BlakStatus, I'm gonna join after this endless lobby lets me out.

I'm trying to set it up as a general gaming channel with a slant to Splatoon/Smash/Nintendo/Guilty Gear. I don't need anything fancy though if things get too crazy for folks.

@BlakStatus, I'm gonna join after this endless lobby lets me out.

Ok.. we need 2

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I swear on anything this game refuses to give me a A+ rating. I've won at least 6 of the last 7 matches, this last one against a 4 man clan I get 1 point to go up from 89 to 90.

The one match I lose, I lose 14 points.

Geg

Yeah, I think the Custom blaster is going to have kraken. I could be wrong though. The current one has splash wall and ink strike, which I'm warming up to ink strike since I can use it to force the enemy to move away/closer to me.

Omg Zing did that exact thing to me with it, it all got captured on Azure's stream. He trapped me in one of the hallways in Arowana mall by firing an inkstrike behind me which forced me to swim forward where he threw an inkwall in my face before blasting me.

Violet_0

Banned
I swear on anything this game refuses to give me a A+ rating. I've won at least 6 of the last 7 matches, this last one against a 4 man clan I get 1 point to go up from 89 to 90.

The one match I lose, I lose 14 points.

was that with Smashkirby and Totakeke in the squad? That's the problem with high rank players, you need to have a really good win ratio unless you only face other high rank teams

MouldyK

I wonder how someone who:

- Was B-Rank (I'm B-).
- Was Level 30. (I'm Level 23)
- Was using Aerospray (So weren't a detriment to the team unless me being a Slosher).
- Was Camping at the Enemy Base on Kelp Dome.

...managed 3 kills and 15 deaths.

Why are bad players still allowed to play?

DaBoss

S-ranked is just so bad right now in its current form. It really requires luck and the points system is just bonkers. I won 7 of my last 10 games, yet made a net loss of -2 from when I started those 10 matches.
Is it possible to earn XP in private matches?
Nope.

Damn, I leave town for a few days and there's already a new OT. Noice. Finally will get to try the new update before Splatfest begins. Did anyone get the whole squid girl costume yet?

ryechu

I wonder how someone who:

- Was B-Rank (I'm B-).
- Was Level 30. (I'm Level 23)
- Was using Aerospray (So weren't a detriment to the team unless me being a Slosher).
- Was Camping at the Enemy Base on Kelp Dome.

...managed 3 kills and 15 deaths.

Why are bad players still allowed to play?
The level 30 is probably due to the glitch in which people would gain 6 or 7 levels for free. That or that guy played a TON of ranked or squad since the patch, which would mean that his ranking is pretty accurate given its stability over the approximate 90 ranked games it takes to reach lvl 30. But in general B players arent really consistant. If they got a positive kda with good impact every game then they would be in A or S.

ryechu

S-ranked is just so bad right now in its current form. It really requires luck and the points system is just bonkers. I won 7 of my last 10 games, yet made a net loss of -2 from when I started those 10 matches.

You've heard it here first folks. DaBoss is using detrimental weapons, while

this guy
ru8V5q7.jpg

is using one of two viable weapons in the game.

On a second note this guy needed to win 95% of his games to reach s+99 before reaching lvl 27. So either he is RNJesus or hes cheating. I cant think of any competitive team game, where even the best player in the world can reliably win 95% of his matches. Top mmr pros in dota win like 75% of their pubs MAX.

Doorman

Kinda fell off of playing for a while after the previous splatfest, then was out of town on vacation for a week. Tonight I'm finally getting in some actual post-update play. Tried out both the heavy splatling and the slosher.

Holy hell I am complete ass at this game again. Also, never using either of those weapons ever again, either. Maybe slosher in ranked, or a custom slosher assuming one comes along, but I feel like I have way better options for dealing with either of their supposed strengths. Or it's possible that two and a half weeks is enough for me to be awful in general and it's not just the weapons. Guess I'm about to find out!

Geg

What is it about the jungle hat/white anchor tee/blue moto boots combo that makes people gravitate towards it?

EulaCapra

NNID: EulaCapra
Looking for a Quad Squad in B+/B/B- range.

Friend me first and I'll make a lobby at let's say in 30 minutes at 7:30 (Pacific Standard Time)?

Doorman

What is it about the jungle hat/white anchor tee/blue moto boots combo that makes people gravitate towards it?

Well, stealth squid and ink resistance, plus a hat that can give both varieties of ink saver. It's not a terrible combination but not terribly specialized either.

And yes, the minigun and bucket apparently just are not for me. Switched back to the Sploosh and instantly everything feels way better. Back when it came out I never would have expected this thing might make it in among my mainly used weapons, but...

WorldStar

Banned
how do you guys consistently win on ranked?

it seems like there is a 50/50 chance you will be put on the shittier team

i can't win more than 50% of my ranked matches. does it really come down to you having to carry the team in most situations?

also, does splatfest go live tonight at 12am pst?

ryechu

how do you guys consistently win on ranked?

it seems like there is a 50/50 chance you will be put on the shittier team

i can't win more than 50% of my ranked matches. does it really come down to you having to carry the team in most situations?

also, does splatfest go live tonight at 12am pst?

You are always part of your own team though, so if your skill level is higher on average than your rank, your team will be a weighted average between your skill level and the average skill level of your bulk rank. You are statistically inclined towards climbing in that situation.

If you are playing ranked, stop thinking about the "next" rank. Like You are a B- player shooting for B. The difference isnt that great. Instead try to become like an "A" player in skill. Your rank will follow naturally if you reach that goal.

Roody

Neo Member
I put my name on the Google spreadsheet and am about to play some more tonight, so feel free to add me! My Mii name is Ben.

Username: benhuber

Want to rank up a bit (currently languishing in C realm) and would love some fresh teammates. :)

Geg

Okay I want to get more practice in Tower Control before going back into squad matches so I started a private room. Feel free to join if you're on my friends list or see someone else in the room. I'll probably start when we have 4 or 6 people.

Did the ping thing again, but on my home connection this time:
US-East (Virginia) 57 ms
US-West (California) 66 ms
US-West (Oregon) 74 ms
Europe (Ireland) 157 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 162 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 245 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 224 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 177 ms
South America (Brazil) 174 ms
Good to know that Comcast does indeed beat out Century Link. I guess that's not really saying much, though...

You've heard it here first folks. DaBoss is using detrimental weapons, while

this guy
ru8V5q7.jpg

is using one of two viable weapons in the game.

On a second note this guy needed to win 95% of his games to reach s+99 before reaching lvl 27. So either he is RNJesus or hes cheating. I cant think of any competitive team game, where even the best player in the world can reliably win 95% of his matches. Top mmr pros in dota win like 75% of their pubs MAX.

Hmm that is fishy

ryechu

Damnit, I just remembered. We are going to lose all our new music options for that one splatfest song on repeat.

Ansatz

I kill 3 people right at the start of a match and then somehow the other team gains the tower?? Then I take a look and of course, we have 2 snipers in our team. Useless

EulaCapra

Sorry, Timeaisis. Had to accept some others first. If anyone else wants to start a lobby, go for it. I'll field the friend requests so everyone can hop on.

And no, not on discord, sorry!

Top Bottom