• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamWorld Dig 2 is outpacing previous installments, Switch sales are strong

bounchfx

if the dev's are reading this thread, I really hope they bring heist to switch, I'd double dip in a heartbeat, and I'm sure dig 2 is going to be great marketing for future games they release

Zukkoyaki

Strong marketing, great predecessors, phenomenal reviews and plenty of mindshare as one of this month's biggest releases on a young platform.

A well-deserved perfect storm for Image & Form! They could see a lot of growth thanks to this game.

Haven't picked it up yet but got the original for the 3DS upon release and loved it. Really happy to hear it's a huge success and everyone seems to love the game.

Instro

Yeah I'm actually thinking of picking g this up even though I haven't played anything else in the series. Do I need to play the other ones?

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah I'm actually thinking of picking g this up even though I haven't played anything else in the series. Do I need to play the other ones?

Nope. It's a direct sequel to the first one but that had a paper thin story that is actually communicated in this game in like 3 lines of dialog at the very beginning. You can just pick this one up.

jariw

No, no need at all to play any of the other games. Dig 2 is so much better than Dig 1 anyway, so it doesn't matter. And Steamworld Heist is completely different kind of game.

BTW, listen to the last IGN voicechat about this game. They sums things up pretty well I think.

Want to buy it but scared they'll announce a physical version. Any chance on that?

tbh, I think devs are missing the boat big time if they don't release physical copies of their Switch games. I think we'll get physical versions for key titles like Shovel Knight and Stardew Valley eventually. I don't think we'll get anything SteamWorld related, though.

My policy is to give indies six months after they're done releasing DLC for any of their Switch games that have a $19.99 or higher asking price to announce a physical version, then jump if they haven't said anything by that point.

Was about to buy Fast RMX but then Shin'en reset the clock.

tbh, I think devs are missing the boat big time if they don't release physical copies of their Switch games. I think we'll get physical versions for key titles like Shovel Knight and Stardew Valley eventually. I don't think we'll get anything SteamWorld related, though.

My policy is to give indies six months after they're done releasing DLC for any of their Switch games that have a $19.99 or higher asking price to announce a physical version, then jump if they haven't said anything by that point.

Was about to buy Fast RMX but then Shin'en reset the clock.

Yah already have to rebuy snipperclips and shantae :/

Would have bought this

But spent £50 on new toys for the dog instead.

Absolutely love the first one though and will undoubtedly pick it up on the Switch eventually as I just don't have the time to sit down and play games like I used to

jariw

Would have bought this

But spent £50 on new toys for the dog instead.

Absolutely love the first one though and will undoubtedly pick it up on the Switch eventually as I just don't have the time to sit down and play games like I used to

The Switch is portable. No need to sit.

DrGrus

What I have learned so far in this thread:
* I need to buy Steamworld heist not only dig 2.
* the studio is based in my hometown.

And for your info. Dig 2 is also available on GOG. Which in Europe means fair price initiative.

Top Bottom