• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V currently $10 on Amazon (DEAD)

Krakin

"Hello,

We're contacting you about order #002-5172993-9949052. We recently discovered an error that caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Street Fighter V - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've cancelled your order for this item, and you haven't been charged.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com"

What the hell man. Should I Sue? Is this legal?

I ordered one, cancelled it, then ordered two instead. The order of 2 shipped already. The order of 1 that I already cancelled just got cancelled lol.

Can they cancel my other order if it already shipped?

BriGuy

Ordered yesterday, and it arrived this morning. Sunday deliveries make me feel guilty for some reason.

What I'm not guilty about is getting the game for $10. It's anemic as fuck, and finding matches seems to take longer than it should. Capcom really screwed this game over.

Jawmuncher

I ordered one, cancelled it, then ordered two instead. The order of 2 shipped already. The order of 1 that I already cancelled just got cancelled lol.

Can they cancel my other order if it already shipped?

It's possible to "call" back packages but is more trouble than it worth so I doubt it. 9 times out of 10 if it's shipped you're in the clear.

Huh, perhaps those without Prime are getting theirs cancelled? Strange. :-/

Mine are arriving tomorrow.

Same, mine are at my local post office now. People without prime definitely did the 5 day shipping at least and haven't had their orders begin shipping. I'm kinda surprised they brought down the hammer like so. A crap ton of people probably made orders.

Hip Hop

I have Prime and they cancelled 2 of my 3 SFV copies, but did not cancel any of my X Zone 2 copies.

I'm a bit a pissed to be honest. Thinking about contacting them and complaining.

I wouldn't complain tbh, it was clearly an error. And complaining about that stuff will just add to your meter of whatever they use to ban people.

If you got it, congrats, if you didn't, I'd just move on.

hamchan

I have Prime and they cancelled 2 of my 3 SFV copies, but did not cancel any of my X Zone 2 copies.

I'm a bit a pissed to be honest. Thinking about contacting them and complaining.

I think you won't find much sympathy considering you're still at least getting a copy of SFV...

I wouldn't complain tbh, it was clearly an error. And complaining about that stuff will just add to your meter of whatever they use to ban people.

If you got it, congrats, if you didn't, I'd just move on.

True. They did let me keep one copy at the error price. I guess I'm just being greedy. I'll let it be.

I was just going to trade my copies in at gamestop for dark souls 3 but if anyone here wants to buy them? Is $33 shipped (shipping cost + packaging = ~$8) fair since gamestop will give you about $25. If anyone wants one shoot me a PM otherwise I'll probably just trade them in tomorrow.

Mine shipped, it's in my state, says it'll be here tomorrow.

Like I said though, it's an order of 2. I had placed a order of 1 shortly before, that I cancelled when I decided I wanted 2. Oddly, I just got a cancellation email with the rest of you, but for the order of 1 that I had already cancelled.

I got a cancelation email for the order I already canceled. My other order with SF5 and PxZ2 shipped yesterday, so I'm thinking I'm in the clear. Also, yeah, Prime.

Didn't any one get an order cancelled where they only bought one copy? They let me keep one copy out of three so I'm curious if that was the cut off point.

I ordered three, all three shipped today. But...I also had a few other other normal items in my cart as well, not sure if that made any difference. A couple Blu-rays and stuff that were in my cart before I even knew of the deal.

I have Prime as well.

Krakin

I ordered one copy for myself then cancelled it after I realized I could make some money off this and ordered three. I wonder if the email I just got relates the the first order...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
My order wasn't canceled -it came yesterday- but I also had to pay $50 for it and was told a refund would be applied after it shipped.

No refund yet. If it doesn't happen tomorrow, it's time to give 'em hell-- I have the chat log Email saved.

Krakin

Yup, I can confirm that it indeed was the first order I cancelled. Looks the the three I ordered are still on track

NeOak

"Hello,

We're contacting you about order #002-5172993-9949052. We recently discovered an error that caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Street Fighter V - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've cancelled your order for this item, and you haven't been charged.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com"

What the hell man. Should I Sue? Is this legal?

LOL

Yeah, go sue.

It's a pricing error. You're SOL.

Top Bottom