• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI |OT| VI is for VICTORY

nikos

Another character that seems mediocre and still no major balance patch. Who knows what that we'll have to deal with for an entire year before the one thereafter?

Having one per year doesn't make sense. Using tournaments as a reason is kind of dumb considering pro players adapt to changes quickly. Kimberly still doesn't have a fucking reversal. I don't really care but that's dumb.

They've kind of killed Street Fighter for me, and it's always been one of my favorite games. It's a shame.

Another character that seems mediocre and still no major balance patch. Who knows what that we'll have to deal with for an entire year before the one thereafter?

Having one per year doesn't make sense. Using tournaments as a reason is kind of dumb considering pro players adapt to changes quickly. Kimberly still doesn't have a fucking reversal. I don't really care but that's dumb.

They've kind of killed Street Fighter for me, and it's always been one of my favorite games. It's a shame.
I like Ed a lot, and even more now, but I definitely see where you are coming from. There was a lot of talk about sf6 being such a complete product at launch, but most of the stuff outside of actual vs combat is just fluff. It only had two more characters than SF5 did at launch, and it's just been atrocious as far as post launch affairs. I think the DLC characters have been incredible and fun to play, but waiting a year to fix the most simple stuff like Luke's cr.MP is just stupid. They seem to be catering more to folks that aren't going to stick around long term, which doesn't seem like the best idea for a fighter.

Paltheos

Some degree of patience on patching is ok imo. Capcom from 10+ years ago kinda famously knee-jerk nerfed Sentinel's health in MvC3 because players felt was too tough. It was premature and the adjustment itself kinda gross (surely there was a more nuanced approach to adjust him across specific levels of play). Years later people refer to Sentinel as a tin can for having no life and not being very good outside of drone assist. Maybe 8 months (8, right?) is a little too long but I think people, myself included, get too impatient about ridiculous shit in competitive games.

Haven't gotten on yet since the patch. I'll try it out later tonight. The Amnesia nerf to JP is the most obvious change from the patch notes that I think everyone can immediately understand and say 'thank god' (an OD reversal move should not provide that much damage potential, etc.). We'll see how Luke's 2MP nerf goes - Luke is allot more than just that button. As a Manon player I appreciate the fix to the level 2 super - it whiffs all the time. Ryu changes look pretty neat too - Should be fun. I haven't had enough an excuse to futz with Hashogeki outside of juggles and the occasional mixup.

I made a 30 minutes version of the ruined lab theme if anyone needs something to listen to in the gym...or if you are plotting the resurrection of Bison I guess.

nikos

I like Ed a lot, and even more now, but I definitely see where you are coming from. There was a lot of talk about sf6 being such a complete product at launch, but most of the stuff outside of actual vs combat is just fluff. It only had two more characters than SF5 did at launch, and it's just been atrocious as far as post launch affairs. I think the DLC characters have been incredible and fun to play, but waiting a year to fix the most simple stuff like Luke's cr.MP is just stupid. They seem to be catering more to folks that aren't going to stick around long term, which doesn't seem like the best idea for a fighter.

Agreed 100%. To be fair, I was kind of bitter when I posted this. Tried ed for a few minutes and he does seem fun. I just wish they would handle some things with the game differently.

They came out looking clean lol
VavjCbN.jpg

Paltheos

Anyone watching the Red Bull event?

Shit is fun as hell

Not live. I let it run a few hours and am now catching up on the matches.

For the first match, I called the 5-0. Manon sucks, and Juri's a tough matchup too in the right hands. Juri outranges, has higher damage confirms (Manon's are just awful though without spending tons of bar; it's not like Juri's medium button combos are high damage), is faster, can get around Manon's AA. I've watched iDom play a bunch and his execution for the character is very solid. The ceiling for the character is just low because of how easy it is to neutralize her gameplan. I enjoy playing Manon too but sometimes it's just painful.

Top Bottom