• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI |OT| VI is for VICTORY

Dcr1d3r

Where's my Oni!?!? I cannot vibe with 6 without my boy...
KBfytvM.jpg

Yep, still on it. I enjoy it, but I really hate the new corner rules. It removes your options since it doesn't let you cross up, and also causes weird interactions at times.
Yes I agree. The corner is now free extra free pressure on top of all its other advantages. it’s kind of dumb.

Also, while I still like the game, it’s been enough time now to that I think DI and DR completely destroyed the traditional neutral game. Which sucks because that’s what I liked about old SF games the most.

[Sigma]

I need my costumes already Capcom! Gachikun won the last offline Premier with Rashid. Capcom really doing themselves a disservice with the current CPT. The online events outside of Japan World Warrior kinda suck. And you can't even watch them on their stream till top 16. That kills hype. They need to adjust this an add more offline premier events next season. They maybe need to reconsider their balance stance too.

And Capcom's inputs for this game really royally fucks up Lily still. That's really frustrating for me, especially when I don't have a great connection anyway(may be some light at the end of the tunnel on this issue for me in the coming months though).

Last edited:
Who is everyone playing these days? My main is Aki, who I switched to from JP. I wish I knew how to play Manon, Jaime and Blanka, but I guess that's a different discussion.

Who is everyone playing these days? My main is Aki, who I switched to from JP. I wish I knew how to play Manon, Jaime and Blanka, but I guess that's a different discussion.
Ryu almost exclusively, a bit of Guile and Honda here and there.

Just don’t care that much for anyone else. Akuma can’t get here soon enough.

Also, the next season pass needs to be like 6 characters minimum.

Last edited:
Ryu almost exclusively, a bit of Guile and Honda here and there.

Just don’t care that much for anyone else. Akuma can’t get here soon enough.

Also, the next season pass needs to be like 6 characters minimum.
I'm assuming they are going to make Akuma really strong when he drops, so we will see a mass migration of shoto players towards him.

Hot5pur

What is going on at Capcom lol.
Maybe they realized crappy avatar swag actually makes them far more than proper costumes....

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
Its gonna be $20 per costume I bet. Apparently they took longer to release because they didn't want to have any clipping issues during certain animations.

the after glow period with the avatar stuff is over for me, don’t care at all anymore. Where are the character costumes? Stages? actually shit that matters for people playing SF6, not avatar fighter 6.

Also 4 characters for season 1 is rough, my biggest complaint is with the cast, too few characters to begin with and of those, only like 2 I like at all. They really should have supported this more immediately after launch. I’m just waiting until 2024 for Akuma… until then I guess it’s avatar garbage.

Last edited:

nbkicker

be laughable if only half the cast get costume 3 and the rest at a later date, the biggest bug bearer for me is capcom seemly putting all its effort into avatar rubbish no one wants, Halloween has just gone perfect time to get a few costumes for main characters, come jan tekken is gonna release with more characters, 3 outfits and customisable outfits for the main characters not just avatar like sf. I can see me switching to tekken

SkylineRKR

I think this is the best and most fun SF game out there but Capcom's decisions with its support is certainly weird. Avatars must be very succesful for them. I also don't like any of the 4 newcomers, I won't buy them. I'm still rocking the base roster. Usually there was a character I would want to have but not this time.

Hot5pur

Plot twist:
Costume 3 is earnable through world tour mode :O

Just kidding. It's Capcom.
I'm guessing around $4-5 per costume.

Those are honestly some amazing costumes, I really like all of them, kimberley and lily look especially amazing, I love how they went to town on giving everyone a fresh haircut.
Cammy looks great too, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to let go of my classic costume yet.
I hope they'll start ramping up the costumes next year, SF5's halloween costumes still haven't beaten imo, necalli's is the sickest thing of all time.

[Sigma]

Maybe I didn't pay attention to her preview in terms of the costumes but Chun's outfit looks amazing in-game.

Marisa's and and Kimberly's are good.

Guile's win animation now looks weird with him combing his hair.

Do not like Ken's in-game. And im going to be seeing a lot of that online lol.

And finally, Lily. Easily her best outfit. Her hair looks premium. Outfit seems to flow well. The only thing is that I still wish her face looked a little closer to the preview drawings.

Now what will the prices be lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Luke - It's an Improvement, but not much.
Jamie - Not impressed. Would have liked a whole different fashion.
Manon - Meh. The hair is nice I guess.
Kimberly - Excellent. She needed real ninja style while still being herself.
Marissa - Amazing.
Lily - So bad/lazy. Just going to the most baseline Mexican stereotype image.
JP - Meh. Doesn't approach his original.
Juri - 10/10 amazing
Dee Jay - 10/10 perfect
Cammy - 10/10 perfect
Ryu - 10/10 perfect
Zangief - Pretty good. Definitely wanted to see it after the art. Changing up his style well while showing new sides of his personality.
Blanka - 0/10 this bullshit bad joke already existed in the game lazy af
Dhalsim - 10/10 the swagger on this man. Maybe the coolest he has ever looked.
Chun Li - Entering her middle aged era. Coming off somewhere between Jun Kazama and Martha Stewart but it's pretty good.
E. Honda - Ehhh.. I get the idea but the execution looks bad. I would have liked them to swing a little more classy, Mr Miyagi style.
Guile - Not into it but I know many Americans who would be.
Ken - LMAO midlife crisis Ken. Bon Jovi Ken. I dunno why this looks more pathetic than Hobo Ken but it does.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Welp, $6 a pop. Also no bundle.😬 You knew something was up when they didn't announce the price. Nah, im good. I'll wait for some price drops or something. Shame because they look even better seeing them on my tv screen.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Welp, $6 a pop. Also no bundle.😬 You knew something was up when they didn't announce the price. Nah, im good. I'll wait for some price drops or something. Shame because they look even better seeing them on my tv screen.

Source? Quick googling has not revealed anything concrete. I expect Capcom price gouging tomfoolery but I don't see an official announcement.

[Sigma]

Source? Quick googling has not revealed anything concrete. I expect Capcom price gouging tomfoolery but I don't see an official announcement.
The update is live. So getting all the outfits will at least cost you $108. EDIT: Forgot to mention that of course if you don't already have fc on your account already and you want to pay for just 1 costume, you will have to pay $10 because of how the fc is setup. That's some nasty work.

Street-Fighter-6-20231201020212.png

You can use your drive tickets on the new challenge customizations
Street-Fighter-6-20231201020258.png

Last edited:

nbkicker

And tekken comes out with more characters and 3 outfits and you can customise the proper fighters in the game not just avatar, no wonder capcom is complaing About mods in its games, it wants to bleed people of money, it would be so bad if you could buy the outfits from the store page etc, instead it tied in with capcom fighter coins to buy, checked out on uk steam and to get all 18 charchters there third outfit with fighter coins its £89 , double the price of the game u can buy in a shop, whats laughable is a outfit is 300 fc yet u can only buy fc at 250

Last edited:

Hot5pur

$6 LOL
Yeah no. They've monetized it like a f2p game.
This ain't it chief.
Contemplating review bombing it...

Reactions: RNG
I grabbed the JP and Ryu joints with the extra fight money I had left over. They look really good, but I get it for those who are hesitant that are coming out of pocket.

The update is live. So getting all the outfits will at least cost you $108. EDIT: Forgot to mention that of course if you don't already have fc on your account already and you want to pay for just 1 costume, you will have to pay $10 because of how the fc is setup. That's some nasty work.

Street-Fighter-6-20231201020212.png

You can use your drive tickets on the new challenge customizations
Street-Fighter-6-20231201020258.png
They really need to go back to the SFV model of drip feeding when it comes to costumes and the purchasing model. This shit is cool for someone like me that doesn't mind since I'll be playing this for the next 5 plus years, but it's not a great business plan. Then again, maybe they are making a killing and I'm just ignorant.

Paltheos

Ah, I see. Thanks.
Yeah no fuck that.
I'm all for supporting the developers of games I love, but that is too much. SF4's costume packs are... $15 and $20, and it's been a while so I could understand if they raised prices on cosmetics to $30. I'd even pay closer to $40. But $100+? Fuck outta here, Capcom. The default costumes in-game will do just fine.

saintjules

And tekken comes out with more characters and 3 outfits and you can customise the proper fighters in the game not just avatar, no wonder capcom is complaing About mods in its games, it wants to bleed people of money, it would be so bad if you could buy the outfits from the store page etc, instead it tied in with capcom fighter coins to buy, checked out on uk steam and to get all 18 charchters there third outfit with fighter coins its £89 , double the price of the game u can buy in a shop, whats laughable is a outfit is 300 fc yet u can only buy fc at 250

Guess I'm sticking with classic cammy.

Edit:
I just noticed they added the option to change opponents costumes, sounds like something that exists solely to keep "sexy" costumes away from online tournament streams; honestly pretty lame.

Last edited:
Guess I'm sticking with classic cammy.

Edit:
I just noticed they added the option to change opponents costumes, sounds like something that exists solely to keep "sexy" costumes away from online tournament streams; honestly pretty lame.
I hate Marissa's second alt, so this is a welcome change for me. I wish I could never see Luke in that dumb sleeves hoodie again, but I can't have everything I want 😂. I don't play Tekken anymore, but I wish there was an option to just have the default costume when someone uses those horrific looking custom characters.

amigastar

So how is the game 6 months later? I've bought it at launch but only played for about 3 hours.
Is it fun? Is it a good Street Fighter game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom