• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI |OT| VI is for VICTORY

Wow

Let’s give Blanka a command grab too
He doesn’t have enough tools. Install super, slide under fireballs, safe balls, good damage, good normals, mix ups, minon… like why… absolutely stupid character

Also why can Blanka jump back air ball but cammy has to jump forward to dive kick, can’t even do it from neutral. DUMB

It’s all on Kens shoulders. He’s the hero we need right now

If Blanka wins evo im going on hiatus for like 3 months.

Edit

COME ON ANGRY BIRD PLZ

Jfc a god damn reset FUCK

Last edited:
This is too good

HGo1F7c.jpg

I'm annoyed this motherfucker benched Blanka but I still have to cheer for him cuz the monster helped bring him this far.

EDIT: oh snap, he back baby!

Last edited:
Well, got my Blanka to Plat 2 ⭐, that was a hell of a grind, the Japanese kids are on summer vacation and there are matches galore. I'd say matches were 60% Modern and 40% Classic, don't people want to *learn* how to play? I win out against classic 75% of the time but hurts all the more when I lose lol. To date I've only encountered a grand total of *3* Blankas in Ranked, smoked all of them, they need to know who the *real* king of the jungle is 😂.

mxbison

Feel bad for Kakeru. Top 6 winners and then losing back to back super close games in the final round against two Ken's.

Overall great first Evo for SF6 but I hope Capcom tweaks the mechanics a bit here and there to enable more playstyles. 100% rush down is only fun to watch for so long.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I am very happy for AngryBird although I was rooting for Punk. What an amazing goddamn Top 6. Crazy shit. Goddamn Drive system completely upped the ante for any goddamn fighting games going forward TBH.

Also, I expected A.K.I to be a silent but deadly type lol. Did the Resident Evil team create her or something lol? Bitch is a goddamn Darkstalkers character. 10/10!

nbkicker

Good question. I know there's probably complications in licensing but not a fan of just having them as skins, but more of what they were in Injustice 2 for example.

MK1 also does a skin for JCVD. Even if Cage was modeled after him, I bet it won't feel the same.
Plus the skins are just fir the avatar etc, not for use with the main charachters in fighting ground etc, ive finished as far as far as i cba in world tour ans wont be going back and not interested in dress up for a avatar, i would prefer the developers concentrating on fighting ground and getting new stuff for main charachters or new stages etc then every month stuff for avatars

I saw the application for a Juri club. The initiation is this

[Sigma]

If you love JP and you want to see a boat load(and record likely in tournament play) of perfect parries, watch Kakeru's JP against AngryBird in grand finals at Gamers8.😲

Last edited:

chriskun

Was there any particular reason Sajam and Yipes were doing the finals instead of the usual Chen and Ultra David?
Im going to chalk it up to them only using the they pronoun for everyone(I wish) and Ultra David talking like yoda. “Performed wake up dp they has!”

Paltheos

Don't know how many GAFers are still playing SF6, but I'm still playing a ton.

Even compared to just a month ago, my Ryu game has leveled up immensely: More/better drive rush combos, better corner combos, better matchup knowledge, realization that stand jab is a god button (5LP, 2MK xx MK Donkey Kick is my main punish combo although I can sometimes drive rush off the 2MK), mixing my donkey kick uses more (the vertical hit box on this move is insane btw). I can probably stand to use 5HP more and my Hashogeki use is still pretty neglected on the whole but I'm experimenting.

Also playing Honda now. Such a degenerate character. I picked him only a few days ago and I was already going blow-for-blow with a Master Luke in battle hub. The link off install-boosted Hand Slap is kinda tricky, but the strength of his neutral buttons, the stupidity of Headbutt, and the threat of Oicho has gone a long way. Sumo Dash combos have been surprisingly tough to perform, and DI on Sumo Smash has been more of a problem for me than my opponent. I'll usually hold too far horizontal on my pad and get a normal instead, so I've lazily been defaulting to Headbutt off of Sumo Dash juggles.

Edmund

I'm playing it almost everyday. And I'm fortunate to have all my very close friends playing it too. Fighting games are always better with friends.

I also got the razer Kitsune recently. My first time using a leverless controller. It's pretty good!

Last edited:
Top Bottom