• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad artist reveals unused Joker concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BouncyFrag

negativeman.png

A clown in a suit is literally one of the joker's while bits. Him being in the suit itself is a joke.

These designs legit look like they were thought up by a horny thirteen year old. How a professional film director told a professional artist "this is what i want" baffles me.

Apparently the joker laughs.

These are all like when Michael Weston has to be a sleazeball on Burn Notice, but turned up to 11.

For the look they were going for, trashy and gaudy it's some interesting experimenting, not very successful but that's why they're concepts.

I'm still disappointed that Leto's performance never captured the full toxic identity of the Joker concept, but it wasn't all bad.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
These concepts are trashy - I never understood the tatoos, it came off as some weird supervillian branding exercise. Barf.

Funny in a weird way how Snyder and Michael Wilkinson go hard on making comic accurate costumes, but stood aside for this. They let Ayer's crew go nuts, with mixed results.

Also makes me wonder whose decision it was to include the shot of Harley in her jester outfit. We know that was a reshot scene from Joker's fake brow.

Kazuhira

I don't think it was possible but they actually did it! this designs are worse than the ones from the movie, bravo!

Kinyou

This intense fashion focus really clashes with the chaotic nature these two are supposed to have in the movie

I wonder if there is somewhere in a rough version of the script where Joker Muay Thai shorts would have made sense.

There is also another concept for Harley

http://batman-news.com/2016/12/03/early-suicide-squad-concept-art-joker-harley-quinn/

I wonder what was going through the DC/WB Execs mind when he saw a tattoo on their iconic character where her nipples were the eyes.
These are pretty awful, but i cant deny that I wouldn't mind to see margot robbie showing underboob.

dan2026

The Joker is supposed to dress with style.
Not look like lowest of low rent gang banger.

Have these morons even seen The Joker?

Siegcram

That Harley design has to be the worst concept art of all time. Literally everything about it is the absolutely dreadful.

Pretty amazing they're still finding ways to make the movie even worse in retrospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom