• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad artist reveals unused Joker concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruHero

Banned
Concept art like this makes me question if WB understands DC at all.

Either that, or they just intentionally set out to be the anti-MCU.

carlsojo

OK to be fair the Joker and Wicked booty shorts are something ridiculous I could see the cartoon version of Joker wear.

sBia1tx.jpg

afxnERv.jpg

ZqplSdE.jpg
Looks like Dennis Reynolds.

Alpende

I don't like the look of both at all. I'm glad they chose the styles they went with because otherwise (I liked the movie) it would have been awful.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There are offensively bad just like the actual version we got.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Maybe we're wrong here. Maybe it's something being lost in translation. Are the people who are responsible for the tatoos in this concept art native english speakers?

As if the characters needed to be more trashy. Thank god these concepts went unused, and holy shit artists need to knock it off with ultra nerd bait Harley Quinn.

Kthulhu

This same person is listed to be working on Avengers: Infinity War as a graphic designer

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1931067/#art_department

She was also a costume graphic designer in Thor: The Dark World, a similar credit to what she has for Suicide Squad.

Maybe the edgier look of Suicide Squad was something WB wanted to do and went along with it, but to paraphase George Lucas "may have gone too far in a few places"

That's an understatement. Looks like the edgy t shirts goth kids I knew wore in highschool.

Someone at WB likes Die Antwoord.

they noticed.

yes David Ayer u jockin our style.
callin ninja up before your movie came our pretendin 2b down, so it looks OK when u bite our black & white graf style & our opening sequence to umshiniwam & an all da lil tiny details u nibbeld dat other people wont see but we notice. Cara & Jared told us how much u were talkin abt us on set but u never asked our permision to rip us off. An when ninja texted u sayin wassup wif dat u said nothin like a scared lil bitch. U were jus flauntin our names pretendin to b down. u aint down an u never will b.

but before we knew da extent of ur two face nature - u invited us to ur movie premiere(which i didnt wanna go to) but ninja went , tinkin ur solid guy an mayb there was jus a lil "misunderstandin". Den poor ninja had to sit thru dat hole bullshit movie.
An u even got da nerve to say wassup to him smilin - an ninja has to b nice cus he is there wif his kid. But we all tink u wack. U shud start a crew called:,"im a fake fuck" ask kanye if he wants to join u.

Cum show ur pretty face at my studios. U know Muggs & u know where da Soul Assasin Studios at. we watin for u.

Apt101

They had a chance to have an actual harlequin costume done up in a super hero fashion and didn't do it. That would have been one of the most comic movie comic book things they could have done, but instead just had a woman in booty shorts and a crop top. That was disappointing. Imagine if Marvel Studios had designed her outfit/costume, would have beenn amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom