• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
By the end of Cindy Gals your ratings will simply be

Top: Everyone but New Gen
Bottom: New Gen

Ascheroth

I hope it will end up as something decent, the premise is really cool, but I'm afraid that its overly edgy nature has a high chance to ruin it. Also, I'm not even sure if there was a good stopping point around the middle, I wonder how much they're going to adapt. And I'm not sure how much will be CG, the original PV suggested "a lot".
I mean the manga is mostly CG too, soooo...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If it ends up like Gantz we will be in for another wild ride lol.

Gantz the recent movie not the old anime right? That was absolute garb but no way it's going to be like that.

I expect heavy cg but going by the aesthetics of the manga I wouldn't mind if a lot of that machinery and transformation stuff was cg.

Gantz the recent movie not the old anime right? That was absolute garb but no way it's going to be like that.

I expect heavy cg but going by the aesthetics of the manga I wouldn't mind if a lot of that machinery and transformation stuff was cg.

I expect it to not be shit like the Gantz adaptation plus since its Mappa that are animating the series I have some hope.

I 100% expect the transformations to be CGI.

duckroll

You know it's the same director right? (The movie)

Aho Girl 06

This episode sure had the girls making a looooot of dick jokes and Iinchou and Yoshiko sure were interested in the size of Akuru's dick. Always amusing to see the girls rushing to peek on a guy instead of the typical other way around.

New Game!! 05

I wish Hifumi was my boss~

Cornbread78

Aho Girl 06

This episode sure had the girls making a looooot of dick jokes and Iinchou and Yoshiko sure were interested in the size of Akuru's dick. Always amusing to see the girls rushing to peek on a guy instead of the typical other way around.

Poor Akun just wanted to take a peaceful bath in the outdoor air, but was disturbed by those raging perverts....

blurr

I think I must have ordered it from Amazon over 10 years ago. You can still get it though it is far more expensive, almost double the price. There is also a cheaper version but I am not sure it contains the booklet.

But I dont like this

91YE4YJBkHL._SY679_.jpg

when compared to this

haibanerenmei.jpg

The top one is what I own because that's the only one I found.

By the end of Cindy Gals your ratings will simply be

Top: Everyone but New Gen
Bottom: New Gen

Top is obviously Triad Primus
which has one member of New Gen so this is a bit conflicting.

Line_HTX

91 days 13

This was... OK? I suppose. I'm surprised they didn't touch the ending, not even a hint. It reminded me that the anime was bit of a missed opportunity, maybe with more episodes...

I like how anime sometimes incorporates the term "raison d'etre" into it, haha

/XX/

Shinsuke Nonaka, director of the production department at Studio Ghibli, gives on his personal column at the official website of the studio information about their near future planning:

「野中くん発 ジブリだより」8月号 - スタジオジブリ|STUDIO GHIBLI
http://www.ghibli.jp/info/011489/

He briefly mentions on it the sheer quantity of applications received from overseas since they started the new recruitment process (much more than ever before), and how the selected ones will begin to work for them in October of this very year. Meanwhile, Mr. Miyazaki's team has formally commenced production on the film, apparently with a little ceremony consisting in a group lunch...
how nice! Just before the boss inevitably starts to increasingly tighten the leash on them as things will go on. :p

Sorry to burst your bubble but CG is sakuga too.
screenshotted
Oh, good ol' ponpo! Haven't you witnessed enough of duckroll's fawning over the 3DCGI animation produced by Orange Co.,Ltd. or ufotable? Most dedicated proponent we've had in here.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Aho Girl the show acts like Aho Girl the character: it's really dumb and trashy, but the longer you're around it the more it affects you until you're enjoying it way more than you should. It's a slow escalation into dumb madness and I love it.

Trails of Cold Steel 2
Claiomh Solais is pronounced "Cleve Sull-ish" not "Clay Solay", I haven't heard this much mangled Gaelic since FMP (dub or sub). It's been killing me

blurr

Kemono Friends JRA Short

Probably not unfair to consider this an indicator for how the next season would look like.

Also, Serval is gonna Serval. Keep doing that.

petran79

Banned
Kino never looked outstanding. So this is a step above of previous Kino anime.

Those purposely inserted "scanlines" were very annoying. But regarding the color and visual quality it was one of the good series back then. As if stemming from a picture book.

This is lost in the new series.

DNAbro

Dive!! Episode 6

So got my answer to what I was wondering last week. Dive!! says in order to become the best you have to give up everything that might get in the way, such as friends, hobbies, and relationships and those few shots at glory are apparently worth it. Not sure if I agree with it at all because at the moment it just all seems so sad and shallow.

When I first started watching it I was thinking that this would be just a Free! ripoff. It is definitely not in tone or characterization or fun. This isn't a fun show at all except for like one episode. As episodes so far have progressed I was starting to think it felt more like a much worse Ping Pong the Animation. But after this episode it feels almost like the Anti-Ping Pong. Where in Ping Pong it felt like all the characters were growing as human beings and retained their love and drive for the sport, Dive!! feels like the opposite where so many characters seem willing to sacrifice themselves in order to gain accomplishments or are continuing on the same trajectory they have been since the show started. Only character that seems to have actual positive growth is Okitsu and it only finally showed in this episode. The Coach may be the worst because she seems like such a negative influence when it comes to anything not related to diving. I'm going to continue watching Dive!! but so far I'm really disappointed because it seems to present such a dreary worldview. It might be more "real" to say in order to become the best throw your life away but I'm not sure if this is how you should present it,

The Moment You Fall in Love

That The Anthem of the Heart cross-promotion :p

It's the sequel to I've Always Liked You - Confess Your Love Committee, which was meh, but this one is actually good! They focus on one couple instead of having multiple love stories in a 1 hour movie, so it's much more focused. Aaaand Ayase got screwed over again :p

The sequel was better than the first/10

Oh, and I've randomly visited a place shown in this movie as well...

The Moment You Fall in Love

That The Anthem of the Heart cross-promotion :p

It's the sequel to I've Always Liked You - Confess Your Love Committee, which was meh, but this one is actually good! They focus on one couple instead of having multiple love stories in a 1 hour movie, so it's much more focused. Aaaand Ayase got screwed over again :p

The sequel was better than the first/10

Oh, and I've randomly visited a place shown in this movie as well...
I liked this one more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom