• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Gamers ep.5
joMOlMT.png
"Misunderstandings; the anime"

Still a fun show to watch each week, but these poor girls just get rekt each week. Sonething has to go right for them soon!

Just T

Isekai Shokudou: 6

With the last couple of episodes only liked half of them but this was pretty good all around. Thought the arguments over who dish is the best was going to be a lot more annoying but it wasn't too bad, Aletta is overwhelmed though with the customers. The focus on her was my favorite part of the episode since it was pretty chill.

Sakura Quest: 19

Back to Maki's actor drama. She clearly still wants to be one but is hesitant towards the road to get there with the struggles and difficulties it can bring. It's good that her friends and brother are already there to support her to at least try with the audition she got. Even her father who appeared to disagree with some of her actions just wants her to be happy in the end. Hopefully this works out for her but this is yet another indication that the group will be leaving each other at some point.

javac

Came back from the cinema having just watched Godzilla and it was amazing, I intend to write up more on it but I just had to get this off my chest, anime fans fucking suck and this was one of the worst cinema experiences I have ever had, these people have no understanding of social behaviour, manners or etiquette. To be fair, 99% of the people were fine and acted like human beings, but that 1% were something else in a packed auditorium. Dude a few seats from me with his stupid girlfriend wouldn't stop talking and scratching each others back throughout the whole film, sitting on the seat like a fucking orangutan, sipping on his drink that is nothing but ice whilst on his phone, was he trying to just piss me off, because it fucking worked. If I was sitting next to him I would have tossed my drink in his face but I'm not one for theatrics. Other than that, amazing film. At the same cinema, the crowd was beautiful when watching In This Corner and Your Name but Godzilla attracted idiots incarnate. Maybe cinema was a mistake.

Cornbread78

Baccano ep.11-END

Bloody and crazy to the very end. Miria and Issiac saved the show for me....

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I wasn't a big fan of that kind of story telling (he final episode was great) because I was constantly looking for a central theme to follow as well as a specific plot. It's not that I didn't like the show, or it was bad, but until the end when everything tied together (for the most part) the show was really all over the place. The alternating timelines did not help as well when I was tryingvto remver who did what and when to tie everything together in my mind.

Despite that, the series was very entertaining to watch.

I think it'll all turn out exactly how the first episode stated it would. :p

That was 5 weeks ago, I forget now, lol.

Dive Episode 6

The writer must not like Ryo or something cause those scores :(

But wow the competition was really intense along with the great song choices.

Im glad we moved beyond the girlfriend plot because its not like Tomo ever cared about time with her, he just has his swimming bros.

Though she didnt have to get with the twin, that just seemed wrong and weird on her part.

AICO was unofficially delayed
FMP
Pop Team

There was some other show that got delayed too but I can't remember off the top of my head.

In AICO's case it's not really a delay if there's no announced date, I feel.

Anyway, I'd rather see anime get delayed than be rushed to air in an unfinished state. If you ask me, more anime needs to get delayed.

Jarmel

Banned
In AICO's case it's not really a delay if there's no announced date, I feel.

Anyway, I'd rather see anime get delayed than be rushed to air in an unfinished state. If you ask me, more anime needs to get delayed.
I'm fine with things being delayed, just that it seems animation companies are straining their limits.

duckroll

I'm fine with things being delayed, just that it seems animation companies are straining their limits.

Well in AICO's case it isn't a delay at all. It would have aired earlier if they made a TV deal instead, but Netflix wanted the exclusive so it'll be released when it is complete.

Jarmel

Banned
Well in AICO's case it isn't a delay at all. It would have aired earlier if they made a TV deal instead, but Netflix wanted the exclusive so it'll be released when it is complete.
Well it was supposed to air this summer (or even earlier?) so it's still a delay from then.

Jarmel

Banned
I suggest you don't conflate rumors with actual facts. Murata was working on Kado and that only started this Spring. :p
It's not unheard of though for staff to work on multiple projects at once. Also considering how often Kado was delayed, that could have been pretty far along awhile ago.

duckroll

It's not unheard of though for staff to work on multiple projects at once. Also considering how often Kado was delayed, that could have been pretty far along awhile ago.

You're still complaining about a "delay" that is basically in your head because of assumptions you have based on rumors. Listen to yourself try to justify it. It's weird.

Could've, might've, would've. Whatever. It's a brand new series announced as a Netflix exclusive for Spring 2018. It was never delayed.

Just T

The Reflection: 1-3

Checked this out right quick and it's alright I suppose. The animation could be better especially when it comes to the action scenes that are feeling a bit too slow. Wonder if it will improve.

My Hero Academia: 31

Ah, thought this was going to be the original episode but that's next. Good episode though, got a glimpse of some eventual central characters too so that's neat. Still sucks about Endeavor getting the credit but at least they managed to get a laugh out of the situation with Todoroki's unintentional joke.

Tiger Mask W 31

A low-impact episode, but a reasonably charming presentation of the old saying "Appearances can be deceiving." I liked how that not only was evident in the contrast between the two presumptive successor dojos, but also in how the true successor caught Tiger Mask off guard in their fight by pretending to be clumsy. In that sense he's a kindred spirit to Fukuwara Mask, who conceals his true power through a jovial comic persona.

Tiger Mask W 32

The character art was consistently good, above average for this show, and Tiger Mask's fight with Miracle 3 featured some really nice animation cuts. But the storyboarding and layouts were ridiculously bad, which kind of put a damper on the whole thing. The second half was better than the first, but still wasn't great.

UUooJWO.jpg
zuqkG3N.jpg

Why would you choose these kinds of clumsily tilted camera angles? There's no elegance to these layouts. Please stop.

RedSwirl

Sentai is still going to put LOGH on home video right? Not really thinking about paying the full price of HDIVE just to be able to stream one show.

DNAbro

Boruto Episode 1

Decided to watch an episode cause I was bored and I loved Naruto at one point and it's just kind of ehh. I mean I expected it to be ehh but it just kind of reminded me of how much I loved early Naruto and how much this isn't it.

Restaurant to Another World 3
download.png

This is such an amazingly generic looking show. How does nothing stand out in this shot? How does nothing stand out in most shots?

This show is just a snack to tide me over in a dull season.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aho Girl

Yoshiko's ability to make everyone around her stupider is kind of impressive. Like it's a pretty intense level of concentrated stupid.

That also might have been the most dick talk I've seen in an anime in recent years. Not to mention actually giving the Public Morals girl a sand-wang.

For what it's worth it's largely agreed that fate is a trashy series and that fate zero is the best of this whole series. I've stopped friends from watching fate stay night because the quality between zero and stay night is pretty apparent. In UBW you are also missing a lot of the annoying harem hijinks from what I recall compared to the other Anime if you consider that a positive. The current running fate series has Jack the ripper as a psycho little girl who runs around in a battle thong. And Frankenstein monster is also a waifu.

The real problem with UBW is that F/Z was so good it set newer Fate fans up for disappointment.

Is Heaven's Feel still as bad?

Apocrypha, from what I'm hearing, sounds like your typical A-1 adaptation excrement with the Fate license slapped on.

LotusHD

Banned
Boruto Episode 1

Decided to watch an episode cause I was bored and I loved Naruto at one point and it's just kind of ehh. I mean I expected it to be ehh but it just kind of reminded me of how much I loved early Naruto and how much this isn't it.

It's going for a much slower, slice-of-life type approach at first. Been enjoying it so far surprisingly, but then again, I'd take anything over the whole DBZ-lite approach Shippuden introduced.

trejo

Gamers 5

Wow, they really went nuts with the misunderstandings upon misunderstandings using the lamest setups possible. I was into the show at first from a character perspective but now I feel like I don't have the time nor the patience to put up with this shit. Dropped.

From what little I've heard, at least Gal isn't lolicon propaganda, nor is it by A-1 Pictures.

The real problem with UBW is that F/Z was so good it set newer Fate fans up for disappointment.

Is Heaven's Feel still as bad?

Apocrypha, from what I'm hearing, sounds like your typical A-1 adaptation excrement with the Fate license slapped on.

What do you have against A-1?

What do you have against A-1?

Sword Art Online, Asterisk War, Eromanga-sensei, and so on. A-1 is the McDonalds of anime. Prolific, flashy, popular and not very good(or atrocious even) if you try to look below all of it.

They are production studio who have mastered tricking people into thinking that most of their overrated shows are great. Any super smart, analytical critic can tear most of their works apart to show just how bad they are.

Sword Art Online, Asterisk War, Eromanga-sensei, and so on. A-1 is the McDonalds of anime. Prolific, flashy, popular and not very good(or atrocious even) if you try to look below all of it.

They are production studio who have mastered tricking people into thinking that most of their overrated shows are great. Any super smart, analytical critic can tear most of their works apart to show just how bad they are.

What, are you Digibro?

duckroll

Little Witch Academia TV - Epsiodes 1-4

Started watching this yesterday, got distracted by FFXII HD and CATBIRD, continued watching another couple of episodes today. I.... think I actually like it? The first episode was a bit of a let down after the OVAs because it was pretty plain other than the cool Cockatrice design. The second episode wasn't terribly exciting either but the card designs were really cool. I kinda want a set! But by the third episode I realized that even though they weren't each like the OVAs on their own, the TV format does allow them to tell many more stories and go through various silly school ideas they wouldn't tackle in OVAs. This episode also had a far more interesting story, and the animation in the second half was fantastic. Episode 4 was neat too, with with a silly parody of Twilight and a heartwarming tale of the difference between creators and fans. It's probably the best written episode out of the four so far.

Narag

were all the people hyping Sora no Woto, From the New World, The Perfect Insider, and Space Brothers lying to me this entire time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom