• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

God, Funi, stop toning down your dubs! I was watching A Centaur's Life, and the line from the third episode gets changed from:

"If only you were a boy, Hime-chan. I don't thin I could give Shino to a yuri loli lover, though"
to
"Shino always has such a good time with you, Hime but now she's going to talking about nothing but boobies for days."

Hamst3r

Is that any good for someone who really liked Casshern Sins?

Well, it's certainly got a core of tragedy to it, though it's much more heroic in tone overall. It feels like much more of a weekly hero cartoon than Sins. It's much more, "Will Casshern be able to defeat the evil Braiking Boss?! Tune in next time!" if you get what I mean. If having a bit of Casshern in that format sounds like a fun time to you, maybe check it out. I don't think it's essential viewing yet though, or particularly engrossing, I'm just a completionist. I've seen the others, so I want to see this.

God, Funi, stop toning down your dubs! I was watching A Centaur's Life, and the line from the third episode gets changed from:

"If only you were a boy, Hime-chan. I don't thin I could give Shino to a yuri loli lover, though"
to
"Shino always has such a good time with you, Hime but now she's going to talking about nothing but boobies for days."

Hearing the word loli in English usually leads me to self harm so w/e

duckroll

The man is amazing, the movie just doesn't look all that good to me...unless somebody wants to convince me to watch it, I mean...it's showing 5 mins from my house and wednesday is buy one get one free day after all!

Well I thought it was a significant improvement over his Eden movies and ReCyborg. But it's not good enough for me to really bat for it.

Here's an analogy. If Eden of the East was Kamiyama doing a thriller after reading about mobile and social media trends in a tech article, then Napping Princess is Kamiyama doing an adventure movie after reading about self driving cars and Japan's productivity decline. Lol.

javac

Well I thought it was a significant improvement over his Eden movies and ReCyborg. But it's not good enough for me to really bat for it.

Here's an analogy. If Eden of the East was Kamiyama doing a thriller after reading about mobile and social media trends in a tech article, then Napping Princess is Kamiyama doing an adventure movie after reading about self driving cars and Japan's productivity decline. Lol.

Hmmm that actually doesn't sound too bad, you might have convinced me, I'll have to think about it. As with all these things it's only showing for like one day or something silly so I might just check it out, can't be that bad! Didn't even realise it was dubbed, cinema near me is showing it in Japanese with subs.

Cornbread78

Love and Lies ep.7
Pu65SmV.png

BStqATi.png
Quite a tone change this week as these three start to feel the pressure of their decisions as their emotions start to move to the forefront of everything they do. Someone is really going to get crushed through this as MC boy is trying to still balance 2 girls and societies expectations all at once.

balgajo

Well, it's certainly got a core of tragedy to it, though it's much more heroic in tone overall. It feels like much more of a weekly hero cartoon than Sins. It's much more, "Will Casshern be able to defeat the evil Braiking Boss?! Tune in next time!" if you get what I mean. If having a bit of Casshern in that format sounds like a fun time to you, maybe check it out. I don't think it's essential viewing yet though, or particularly engrossing, I'm just a completionist. I've seen the others, so I want to see this.

Thank you for the info! I think I'm passing it for now...XD

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do you think normal necks can contain this power???

DySxRBu.png

Haly

I think so yes. But only the really good dancers.

Luigi87

Since it's anime, picked up the first half of Zeta Gundam on Blu-Ray! Looking forward to re-watching the series after I read through all of Gundam The Origin manga.

Also been watching 91 Days... It's certainly interesting.
It is also bumming me out that I'll never see more of Baccano! animated...

duckroll

I'm waiting on the subs for 3-6 before digging in, that way I have a good chunk of the show when formulating my thoughts. I know some people here have seen the first two.

What's the release schedule like? Will it end before Trump destroys the world? Clock's ticking...

trejo

ReCreators 17

Now this is how you make full use of your premise. Good job, ReCreators, it only took sixteen episodes and a recap but you finally got there.

Haly

Texhnolyze 11

Someone got their homoerotica in my low-tech cyberpunk noir.

duckroll

This might be late, but here's a video of someone talking about working on Shin Godzilla as an English coach:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PAwXsNFcC8

I still think some of the English was bad though, but what can you do. lol

Pretty normal though. Sword of the Stranger also had a Mandarin coach for the Japanese actors but they were terrible too. Only so much you can do for a production. You can't expect them to really learn a whole other language and be fluent.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pretty normal though. Sword of the Stranger also had a Mandarin coach for the Japanese actors but they were terrible too. Only so much you can do for a production. You can't expect them to really learn a whole other language and be fluent.
Oh sure. I just assumed the actress was pronouncing the English words phonetically, like when American actors pretend to speak something foreign.

Too bad they couldn't have her coach the American "actors" though, because they were pretty bad too. lol

bryanee

I'm watching Death Note for the first time and Light is
a right twat. Granted I'm only like 5 episodes in so maybe things change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom