• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword of Legendia (Wii) is the RPG Namco listed for Wii and likely ToL-Chloe-centered

ethelred

duckroll said:
Because I want Team Symphonia to be working on a new original "Tales of" game for the next-gen? Don't you?! :p

Don't start the "Wii isn't next-gen" BS. :p

Besides, that's a reason for you to hope it's not Team S -- not to doubt that it's not Team S. The latter requires some kind of reasoning beyond "Well, that's not exactly what I'd like..."

Also: Translate, man, translate! :D

Bebpo

Banned
ethelred said:
Don't start the "Wii isn't next-gen" BS. :p

Besides, that's a reason for you to hope it's not Team S -- not to doubt that it's not Team S. The latter requires some kind of reasoning beyond "Well, that's not exactly what I'd like..."

Also: Translate, man, translate! :D

This has nothing to do with Wii/Next-gen. This is a spin-off, not a TALES OF game. duckroll, myself, and probably most fans of the Tales series would rather have the best Tales team working on a new TALES OF game, and not some stupid spin-off. If they want to make the next TALES OF on Wii, cool. But no spin-offs please; let the interns do that.

Abyss is so damn good, we need a futher evolution of Symphonia -> Abyss -> ??? in terms of the awesome 3d Tales battle system, and the huge epic adventures with tons of skits.

ethelred

Meh, nevermind. Just in a bad mood.

I'll just say "I'm a big fan of the Tales series but I'd still be happy for this to be done by Team Symphonia" and leave it at that.

Sagitario

Shouta said:
What Tales games needs more of is Norma!

This man speaks the truth...
norma-yaydance.gif

Bebpo said:
This has nothing to do with Wii/Next-gen. This is a spin-off, not a TALES OF game. duckroll, myself, and probably most fans of the Tales series would rather have the best Tales team working on a new TALES OF game, and not some stupid spin-off. If they want to make the next TALES OF on Wii, cool. But no spin-offs please; let the interns do that.

Abyss is so damn good, we need a futher evolution of Symphonia -> Abyss -> ??? in terms of the awesome 3d Tales battle system, and the huge epic adventures with tons of skits.

OK, um. Sorry for my ignorance but...it's so hard to keep track of these teams.

I thought there were three teams.

Team Legendia, which have done...Legendia.
Team Symphonia, which have done...Symphonia, and Abyss!
Team Destiny, which have done Destiny/Destiny2, Rebirth, and probably the originals or whatever

Now, um ... last I heard Team Destiny was doing, well, DestinyRemake. But I thought I heard they were doing Tempest too? So OK there's speculation this could be from Team Symphonia (hopefully not), but...Why aren't we thinking the team that did Legendia is probably doing something with their precious original?

duckroll

Team Legendia was a bunch of guys from Namco outside of Tales Studio, it had a different producer too. Since the producer this time is the regular producer for Tales Studio games, it's likely to be either Team Destiny or Team Symphonia. No one knows who is making Tempest, so it could be Team Jackass for all we know.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
FateBreaker said:
OK, um. Sorry for my ignorance but...it's so hard to keep track of these teams.

I thought there were three teams.

Team Legendia, which have done...Legendia.
Team Symphonia, which have done...Symphonia, and Abyss!
Team Destiny, which have done Destiny/Destiny2, Rebirth, and probably the originals or whatever

Now, um ... last I heard Team Destiny was doing, well, DestinyRemake. But I thought I heard they were doing Tempest too? So OK there's speculation this could be from Team Symphonia (hopefully not), but...Why aren't we thinking the team that did Legendia is probably doing something with their precious original?
Because Team Legendia is not part of the Tales Studio. They are an internal team at Namco who have worked on Tekken in the past (and could be working on Tekken 6 now). But what tells us that this 99% likely from Team Destiny or Symphonia within the Tales Studio is the producer, who is usually the producer of all the Tales games being done within the Tales Studio.

Also, to answer your first question, we don't know if Team Destiny is doing TotT, or who is exactly, we've just been speculating.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

So basically there are really two teams, and Legendia was kind of a "let's get these guys to do something to! Hey our Tales trademark is pretty popular right now, let's let them use it!"

And this was the only installment with a different producer?

At least, Tempest is on Namco Tales Studio webpage so its not an outside team. Now, which team handles it is really difficult. PSP Ports are also in the website but handled by Team Ports (made up name). The World is Alfa System as usual. Destiny is Team Destiny for sure.

Maybe Team Symphonia split themselves to do a quick DS project (Tempest), then those same guys a new-gen project with old engine (Sword) while the other half R&D on PS3 to the next big tales entry?

Apenheul

norma-yaydance.gif

OMG! Giant enemy crab!
It's in the background

How do we know if this is a spinoff btw? It would seem a bit weird to me that they put the symphonia team on this game and some other team on a 'real' Tales Of.

Sorry for dredging this thread up, but I wanted to say that I get the feeling Namco is going to release an upgraded port of Tales of Legendia on Wii. It would help tie-in to Sword of Legendia, they be able to fix some of the problems in the game and they'd be able to get more sales out of ToL.

**** knows that Legendia needs a crapload of improvements.

ethelred

Mr. Pointy said:
Sorry for dredging this thread up, but I wanted to say that I get the feeling Namco is going to release an upgraded port of Tales of Legendia on Wii. It would help tie-in to Sword of Legendia, they be able to fix some of the problems in the game and they'd be able to get more sales out of ToL.

Seems rather unlikely. I think we'd have heard something about a move like that by now... given that they'd probably be trying to get it out as close to launch as possible.

I don't think we'll see SoL for another 12 months honestly. Plenty of time port the ToL code over to the Wii kits and add the wiimote-enabled bonus games.

Mr. Pointy said:

not the musiccccc! :D

Boerseun

Banned
I'm bumping this thread from the grave, as I've been wondering about this game lately.

Has anything been released in the last two years to make us think this still exists as an in-development project? The only thing I could find was this quote from an interview on 1up centered on Tales of Vesperia:

1UP Staff said:
1UP: Back when the Wii was first announced, Namco announced a game called "Swords of Legendia". Is this game still in development? What can you tell us about it, and when will we be seeing more of it?

TG: I'm in charge of that. We're working on it now, development is proceeding. That isn't a Tales game, though.

farnham

Banned
Boerseun said:
I'm bumping this thread from the grave, as I've been wondering about this game lately.

Has anything been released in the last two years to make us think this still exists as an in-development project?
probably dead

Boerseun said:

Has anything been released in the last two years to make us think this still exists as an in-development project?

(Fuuuccck! I thought there was something new . . .)

Yes, in ToS2 interviews the guy behind this game confirmed that it's still in devilopment and that it's not related to the "Tales of" series.

farnham

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
I don`t think so ;-)
well if Team Symphonia is working on a next Wii project it might be Sword of Legendia

Probably a side project to the yearly Tales of labour

okay who is in charge of this title

the ToS II team..? damn thats confusing

Boerseun

Banned
Black-Wind said:
(Fuuuccck! I thought there was something new . . .)

Yes, in ToS2 interviews the guy behind this game confirmed that it's still in devilopment and that it's not related to the "Tales of" series.

That must be the interview I quoted in my not-so-stealthy edit.

farnham said:
well if Team Symphonia is working on a next Wii project it might be Sword of Legendia

But it was stated quite clearly that the next 'Tales of ...' game would be on Wii and would not be a sequel or spin-off but a new main series entry.

Firestorm

It's not Tales.
Boerseun said:

Has anything been released in the last two years to make us think this still exists as an in-development project? The only thing I could find was this quote from an interview on 1up centered on Tales of Vesperia:
Then you make a new topic, don't bump an old one. I thought that all of a sudden it WAS a Legendia spin-off with Chloe. I think the game will just be some dumb Wii shovelware.

Boerseun

Banned
Firestorm said:
Then you make a new topic, don't bump an old one. I thought that all of a sudden it WAS a Legendia spin-off with Chloe. I think the game will just be some dumb Wii shovelware.

I didn't want all the work GAF had already put into this thread to go to waste.

EDIT: Apparently this thread features the first pic of the new Wii Tales game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
farnham said:

okay who is in charge of this title

the ToS II team..? damn thats confusing
How would it be Team Symphonia? They just finished Vesperia. Plus the next Wii tales is a mainline game. And how would it be the Dawn of the New World team? They just finished it and there is no guarantee they won't be reabsorbed back into another team.

Top Bottom