• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
we can only hope that there's going to be one more serbian getting upset today. of course that would leave nadal with quite a draw.

A french teenager named Dodin just took out Jankovic

She won the US Open series, then loses at the US Open 6-2, 6-1 to a scrub. That's disappointing. I think the US Open committee rigs the US Open Series for non-contenders to win it so they never have to pay out.

they have to pay out. just not as much.
i think some people don't realize that you get money even if you dont win the Open.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
they have to pay out. just not as much.
i think some people don't realize that you get money even if you dont win the Open.

Yeah she gets $15,000.

2015-EUSOS-prize-money.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
Kei lost?? Holy shit.

He has been injured for a while so it's not an absolute shock. But still....wow. The finalist is already out.

He just lost 1,190 points. His ranking is going to take a huge hit.

EDIT: Meh...not that huge.

Diamond

Benoît for the win ! Great performance against Nishikori. Hope he can capitalize on that and go deeper in the draw.

LuuKyK

Lots of upsets today. Interesting start.

Happy Genie won a match FINALLY.

There is no way Serena loses to Diatchenko, I've seen her play and she is SUPER slow. Still I am hopeful that Coric finds a way to beat Nadal.

MIMIC

Banned
Serena's opponent's serve:

WTF lol. Is she injured or something? Because that is not a professional serve.

Don't see Kyrgios taking out Murray. Don't see Kokk taking out Gasquet. Hewitt should go through. Tomic should go through. Duckworth looks good to scrape through. Groth is a maybe. Smith is a lesser maybe.

/Aussie speculation @ USOpen first round.

Bye bye Millman and Ebden, sorry to see you go first round.

You'll see better serves at your local club. Apparently she had a serious shoulder injury so maybe that's why it's so tame. Very odd.

Interesting match between 18-year old lucky loser Daria Kasatkina and Daria Gavrilova finished recently. Kasatkina was replacing Maria Sharapova's place in the draw, and it was her very first Grand Slam match, so it was a huge opportunity for both players. Gavrilova completely lost her focus and temper during the third set, while Kasatkina displayed professionalism far beyond her years to stay strong and close out. I was impressed by her demeanour and confidence.

Monfils meanwhile is entertaining everyone with his antics against Marchenko.

LuuKyK

Apparently she injured herself in her last match. That what people are saying at least.

She played against Maria in this years FO, I watche the match, and while she was not that good she certainly wasn't this bad.

Btw, I searched for some videos and this is NOT her real service motion.

MIMIC

Banned
Diatchenko with a MTO.

I figured she was injured. That super abbreviated service motion is usually when you can't push off with the legs/feet.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Apparently she injured herself in her last match. That what people are saying at least.

She played against Maria in this years FO, I watche the match, and while she was not that good she certainly wasn't this bad.

Btw, I searched for some videos and this is NOT her real service motion.

Ah ok, that explains it then, because this is awful.

LuuKyK

She had an achiles surgery back in march, to be more specific, so that too might be affecting her jumps/movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom