• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

Wow a 5 minute prayer(whatever it is they did)which hurt nobody and half of the people here are enraged.Amazing

And then they expect others to respect their beliefs and ideas.That's why you elected Trump as president americans

I hate Trump, but they did all this for Obama as well, and all before him.

RinsFury

Obama-swearing-in.jpg

Do you think Trump's hand will burn it?

Wouldn't be surprised if Cheeto had the bible swapped out for a copy of The Art of the Deal.

It's like GAF's first inauguration. Unfortunately yeah, we as Americans put too much bullshit into Christianity so it's everywhere. Sorry.

That's relatively new actually. Kennedy barely won because people were so worried his political beliefs would interfere with his ability to be President (same with Carter in fact). It's mostly been since that fuck face Reagan that being devoutly Christian has been almost a requirement.

Wouldn't be surprised if Cheeto had the bible swapped out for a copy of The Art of the Deal.

Nah, Ryan is gonna have it swapped out for Atlus Shrugged.

TuXx

Any child that's at least 9 years old should be able to understand the importance of someone becoming president let alone your own father.

Wow a 5 minute prayer(whatever it is they did)which hurt nobody and half of the people here are enraged.Amazing

And then they expect others to respect their beliefs and ideas.That's why you elected Trump as president americans

why not have a Jewish, Islamic, Hindu and Buddhist prayer than too? why just Christian? is it some sort of special religion, better than the rest?

ferr

Cut the music!

*steve austin glass breaking music starts*

*bernie proceeds to lay the smackdown on trump*

*hulk hogan comes out with an obama shirt, pats bernie on the back, then rips obama shirt off revealing make america great again shirt, `i am an american hero` plays, hulk taunts bernie*

*sting comes down from the rafters with a baseball bat*

etc.

Separation of church and state was a reference to keeping the state away from interfering with people's religious preferences and practices. It had absolutely nothing to do with the reverse of that. Religious ceremony has always been a big part of the US government.
Religious ceremony has been part of certain U.S. governmental procedures as a matter of preference. There's no requirement, for instance, that they swear on the Bible or say "so help you God." They're just conventions to appease a nation that happens to be majority Christian. A few presidents haven't even sworn on a Bible, in fact.

OraleeWey

I'm convinced something's off with that kid

There's nothing wrong with that kid. He's 10 (I dunno someone else mentioned it)

That party sucks
The music is too loud
His feet hurt
He wishes he was gone playing video games

He's just a kid, leave him alone !

Oersted

People here who are "grossed" out by Christianity (religion) during these ceremonies.

Just wondering, have any of you watched past US presidential inaugurations? Or even understand US tradition and history?

Genocide, slavery and nationalism, with christianity throw in to differate from the filthy communists, who are now christian, racist and nationalistic?

Most people are watching this inauguration outside the US because of Trump. We don't know all your customs.

For folks outside the US I understand, but outside of here I'm noticing a lot of folks I know are completely new to seeing something like this.

I'm glad they are noticing, and I hope they continue paying attention to politics. More people should do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom