• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Test: Bricked! [Tested.com Star Wars Lego Build Video Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinGT

Banned
It was the best possible ending because they were both pretty much obliterated. If he had missed the Death Star and just broke his own ship, Will would have never shut up about it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Shit. This turned into a found film?

Maybe 'we' are the death star. Deep stuff.

Norm asked Will to quote Star Wars lines. He asked for Ackbar quotes, but Will just went with the regular "It's a trap" quote.

Norm said "Oh, you can do better than that. be Darth Vader." After a couple lines, Norm started saying the Admiral Ackbar "concentrate fire on the Star Destroyer" quote (From when the Rebels managed to destroy it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETFNSVNQqfE) and chucked his Super Star Destroyer REALLY HARD against the Deathstar.

Will said "Oh, wow... you did that.. That's a lot of pieces for you to pick up", The camera showed the nightmare of pieces on the floor, with visible parts of the Death Star, no visible parts of the Super Star Destroyer.

Back to wide shot, Norm appeared in front of the camera holding his mouth "Home Alone" style, but covering his mouth.

Will said "This is was The Amazing Test, I'm Will...", Norm didn't answer, covering his mouth and laughing, and Will said something along the lines of "Fade to black Vinny, it's over, fade to black.." and then the video faded to black.

And that was it.

I didn't see the actual chucking, I was looking at twitter, while the video was playing on my TV. I only caught a glimpse of the action. I can't wait for the archived version to show up so I can actually see it at a proper angle.

Will tweeted this graphic image after the events: https://twitter.com/#!/willsmith/status/175744818100699136/photo/1
AnBe-x5CAAAzyPz.jpg

Gary said that this was the plan from the beginning (end it like it happened in the movies), but they didn't know if they would have the courage to go through with it. I guess Norm decided, at the end, that they should do it. Also, Norm told Gary (on a personal Message, it seems) that he (Norm) would re-build both this weekend. Gary said both these things on his after-show Justin.tv Stream.

I didn't really like that ending. I just hope no pieces broke and that Norm can find all the pieces. It was entertaining, don't get me wrong. Just actively throwing those two 400usd Lego sets against a brick wall seems a little graphic to me. :D

Fox Mulder

Also, Norm told Gary (on a personal Message, it seems) that he (Norm) would re-build both this weekend. Gary said this on his after-stream Justin.tv stream.

I didn't really like that ending. I just hope no pieces broke and that Norm can find all the pieces. It was entertaining, don't get me wrong. Just actively throwing those two 400usd Lego sets against a brick wall seems a little graphic to me. :D

there's no way he will rebuild them this weekend. Sorting the nearly 7k similar color pieces from the two sets will take awhile. Might as well make it a long term thing on the side for fun.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
there's no way he will rebuild them this weekend. Sorting the nearly 7k similar color pieces from the two sets will take awhile. Might as well make it a long term thing on the side for fun.

I guess Norm meant start rebuilding them this weekend. Either way, it seems that he'll be rebuilding them.

I really think that bagging all the pieces and sending the nightmare to a user would be a nice gesture. I don't really know how they would chose one.

Xater

Don't say that. You know it'll end with them putting a sledgehammer through it.

I don't think the MAME cabinet will be a contest. It will be fun enough to watch them build it together. It will result in enough bickering ;)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
pretty annoyed how they handled the ending. Why not just do a 'live build' but record and put up on the site? Instead they put it out when many people won't be able to watch, then tweet about what happened, and don't get around to putting the videos up on the main site for several days.

Not great. Still looking forward to the 2nd part, found the first part strangely entertaining with giant Gary in the background

pretty annoyed how they handled the ending. Why not just do a 'live build' but record and put up on the site? Instead they put it out when many people won't be able to watch, then tweet about what happened, and don't get around to putting the videos up on the main site for several days.

It's GDC week. Their production staff was already bogged down. Give Whiskey Media a break, they're not a big company.

Not great. Still looking forward to the 2nd part, found the first part strangely entertaining with giant Gary in the background

Yeah it was handled poorly. But like the junior said I expected it and didn't read these threads or their twitters.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's GDC week. Their production staff was already bogged down. Give Whiskey Media a break, they're not a big company.

So don't do a massive live stream on a Friday before GDC week. I don't mind if it takes them a while to update the site. So just don't put it up anywhere until its ready - why do a limited audience stream? I don't think the stream was even archived on justin.tv was it? Couldn't see it there.

Not really giving them a hard time, just a bit annoying is all.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
On a side note; does this mean that Jeff's Podracer wins?

Jeff's podracer wasn't even lego, it was nanoblocks

skipped to the last 5 minutes, was pretty funny. How is the rest of the episode? I enjoy the banter between will and norm so if its a good episode I'll download it to watch later fully.

mclaren777

I finally got around to watching the final episode and I could tell that something dramatic was going to happen at the end.

Between the whispering, Norm's unusual behavior, and Will moving himself/stuff away from his table, I sensed that calamity was inevitable (whether intentional or otherwise).

Anyway, thanks again for the awesome content and I hope Norm eventually post some of the pre-disaster pictures here on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom