• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

How lucky for Madonna to have entered the biz during the 80s,
although she was born 50 years prior
when oral skills were more necessary than vocal skills.

Well, she is a barely living legend, though. I will give her that.

tumblr_llbqylAAtN1qddfro.gif

The stan of one irrelevant artist shades another fossil?

t2Gve.gif

#irony

Cynosure

Look at this page. Stans of two FAILURES in album sales arguing back and forth about who's LESS PATHETIC.

Don't act like you don't stan for the biggest failure of them all.

What you and that other Shitney stan need to realise is that Bionic is not Christina's only album, just as Flop Fatale isn't Shitney only album either.

Even in that short era, Christina managed to gives her fans a handful of decent to great performances. From the beginning of her career til this day, Christina excels in where it matters most. Can you say the same for Shitty Shitty Shitney? Can you remember the last time you weren't embarrassed by her?

It obviously bothers you that even though Christina and Shitney started out the same time, Chrsitina has long surpassed her. Christina has gracefully grown as artist and your trainwreck fav crashed and burned (both personally and as pop act).
Projecting your frustrations of stanning for Broken Spearit at Christina doesn't do anything. Repeatably calling Bionic era a flop won't resurect your shattered pieces of shit fave from pop purgatory, nor will it make Shitney any less of a disgrace in comparison.

oFNRG.gif

royalan

2 re-releases? Where's the second re-release? icant.

The tea is simple ho. Rihana HAS BETTER SALES THAN YOUR FAVE SINCE 5 YEARS AGO.

I guess it's cute you're weaving #1 albums even tho the album did not sell as much as the non #1 album.

FLAWED ARGUMENT. As usual.

What flawed argument? What argument at all? All I said was that your fave has no #1 albums out of the 7 she's released. Am I wrong?

Also, I think it's worth pointing out that out of all these albums, Rihanna only has one that has outsold one of Christina's first three.

Xtincta is so synonymous with SHIT MUSIC that even Rihanus has garnered higher CRITICAL PRAISE.

Ummm, Christina has not one, but several ballads that are considered standards at this point.

botty

Banned
Don't act like you don't stan for the biggest failure of them all.

What you and that other Shitney stan need to realise is that Bionic is not Christina's only album, just as Flop Fatale isn't Shitney only album either.

Even in that short era, Christina managed to gives her fans a handful of decent to great performances. From the beginning of her career til this day, Christina excels in where it matters most. Can you say the same for Shitty Shitty Shitney? Can you remember the last time you weren't embarrassed by her?

It obviously bothers you that even though Christina and Shitney started out the same time, Chrsitina has long surpassed her. Christina has gracefully grown as artist and your pathetic fav crashed and burned (both personally and as pop act).
Projecting your frustrations of stanning for Broken Spearit at Christina doesn't do anything. Repeatably calling Bionic era a flop won't resurect your shattered pieces of shit fave from pop purgatory, nor will it make Shitney less of a disgrace in comparison.

oFNRG.gif

Edit: this is more suiting.
o08ghh.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sis, why dont you ever join me on my Rihanna fights? :/

#icant with Rih shade in this thread. They need to come with something new for shading Rih. Coming at her album sales is so yesterday cause everyone knows that. I mean, I know it's the true tea, but I can't drink stale-ass tea my whole life.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
#icant with Rih shade in this thread. They need to come with something new for shading Rih. Coming at her album sales is so yesterday cause everyone knows that. I mean, I know it's the true tea, but I can't drink stale-ass tea my whole life.

then the Navy should stop coming for our faves when Rihanna cannot even get a #1 album

iQeb8yAgyT8Wc.gif

yall have no ground to stand on

If anything, it says a lot about Britney that even with a broken spirit, limp dancing, and just a general lack of vocal talent that she has managed to remain a dominant, relevant pop culture icon to this day.
SewWz.gif

Mau ®

alive and well

One flop album can't stop her. She has her talent to sustain her.

http://i.imgur.com/h78Vm.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Uh uh.

Im just saying Bionic's level of floppage is by no means even NEAR Femme Fatale, which did spawn big hits, a tour and better record sales overall (album + singles).

Realistically, if your fave achieved a Femme Fatale level of success, it would be a comeback for her.

Koodo

Banned
What you and that other Shitney stan need to realise is that Bionic is not Christina's only album
INDEED, she has THREE other SHIT albums.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it MAKE A SOUND?

It obviously bothers you
Sniffing my farts AGAIN, dear. I'm flattered by how much YOU CARE about ME.

Chrsitina has long surpassed her.
A statement as valid as a balance sheet from ARTHUR ANDERSEN.

Repeatably calling Bionic era a flop
A magnificent flop BEGETS magnficent SHADE.

won't resurect
A word as wrongly applied as it was written.

pop purgatory
The same purgatory of RELEVANCE that will net her a record breaking pay out as a judge?

Your fave WISHES.

What happened hun, AFRAID to post more than ONE GIF?

Mumei

I can not tell a lie, I love WE FOUND LOVE.

The only We Found Love I love is this.

then the Navy should stop coming for our faves when Rihanna cannot even get a #1 album

iQeb8yAgyT8Wc.gif

i9nCTDkf1xNLf.gif

Do your faves have 11 #1 hits?

We have solid steel under our feet hun.

iQeb8yAgyT8Wc.gif

Well, between the two:

- 29 Billboard Hot 100 #1s
- 10 #1 albums
- Over 370 million records sold worldwide - and the vast majority of those were albums
- Talent

ibzltOVM4Ym1al.gif

royalan

iQeb8yAgyT8Wc.gif

Wow, I agree with you.

What strikes me as hilarious is that RIHcist stans always try to sweep the fact that Rihanna churns out albums like they're going out of style under the rug, like it has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING. In reality, it's really important for context. She releases albums sometimes less than a year apart, and often releases up to 6 singles from these albums. She literally floods the world with music.

I mean, for the sake of this recent stan war, my fave until this year only dropped an EP every 4 years. And not because she had no choice - Christina has multiple albums that have sold over 10 million. 30 million albums sold between 2 albums alone. Several ballads that are considered standards. The respect and adoration of every producer who has worked with her (excluding lame-ass Scott Storch), and the respect of her label. If Christina wanted to, she could be releasing an album every 6 months, too. So could a lot of artists who RIHstans like to lord her hits over.

Mau ®

So?

It's pretty common for rap artists to release albums yearly. Heck back in the sixties it was THE NORM. Even releasing 2 albums a year was OK.

I really dont see why it BOTHERS everyone she releases albums often. The Navy doesnt sweep that fact. we RELISH it.

Mau ®

I mean, for the sake of this recent stan war, my fave until this year only dropped an EP every 4 years. And not because she had no choice - Christina has multiple albums that have sold over 10 million. 30 million albums sold between 2 albums alone.

Multiple albums? She has two that sold over 10M.

And thats easy for you to say 30M combined when they came out when music was selling like pancakes. Werent you just fonting about CONTEXT? Shit.

Rihanna has sold 8 million copies from Good Girl Gone Bad and 6 million from LOUD. In these days, thats a great figure. I dont see how you cant deny it. Sure she didnt sell Fame GaGa levels but who else did anyway? (besides ADELE)

royalan

Multiple albums? She has two that sold over 10M.

And thats easy for you to say 30M combined when they came out when music was selling like pancakes. Werent you just fonting about CONTEXT? Shit.

Rihanna has sold 8 million copies from Good Girl Gone Bad and 6 million from LOUD. In these days, thats a great figure. I dont see how you cant deny it. Sure she didnt sell Fame GaGa levels but who else did anyway? (besides ADELE)

Hey, people were still flopping back then.

royalan

What a TRASHY MESS this thread has become.

Where did this influx of XTINCTA come from? ;_;

OVlaF.gif

These last few pages are a trashy mess? All I see is discussion of talented vocalists, talented performers, and artists with at least 40 million records sold.

Should we go back to talking about non-starters like Marina and the Flops?

Trigger

I am going to let this slide because I like you and I just bought my tickets for the PK tour
but next time you wont be so lucky

iXjJdsFNS6vl6.gif

I saw no lies in my post. Has Nicki been hiding gems like these somewhere in her discography? I agree that Gaga stans shouldn't quarrel among themselves though.

Too many bitches already trying to shade her.

uGbxP.gif

Cynosure

If anything, it says a lot about Britney that even with a broken spirit, limp dancing, and just a general lack of vocal talent that she has managed to remain a dominant, relevant pop culture icon to this day.
SewWz.gif

Under what basis?

There is no doubt Shitney has worked harder than Christina to achieve what she has in the past.

1999:BOMT
2000:OIDIA
2001:Britney
2003:ITZ

Look at where that lead her now. I fear Rihanna is headed for the same outcome.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it MAKE A SOUND?

that tree(The Prayer performance) fell on your hopes and dreams of Xtina fading away a worthless pop star, so think it's a safe bet you heard it loud and clear and are still mourning it.

Sniffing my farts AGAIN, dear. I'm flattered by how much YOU CARE about ME.

Maybe if you stopped farting, you wouldn't be confronted for it. I'm going to keep calling you out on stinking up this place with weak baseless shit so if you don't like it, I suggest you hit me with the ignore function again (allegedly of course
z63MU.gif
)

The same purgatory of RELEVANCE that will net her a record breaking pay out as a judge?

Your fave WISHES.

That pay is result of Simon's desperate act of recreating the magic that is Christina Aguilera for the show The Voice. And while the show is just a side project for Christina, it's Shitney last chance proving her worth. If Shitney doesn't live up the captivating laughingstock trainwreck Simon is paying her to be, then you can forget about see that pathetic disgrace anywhere else.

Christina is more than just a coach on NBC's The Voice, she is The Voice. An album will be out 2012, and with that will come more trees to fall harder and louder on your hopes and dreams.

royalan

That pay is result of Simon's desperate act of recreating the magic that is Christina Aguilera for the show The Voice. And while the show is just a side project for Christina, it's Shitney last chance proving her worth. If Shitney doesn't live up the captivating laughingstock trainwreck Simon is paying her to be, then you can forget about see that pathetic disgrace anywhere else.

Christina is more than just a coach on NBC's The Voice, she is The Voice. An album will be out 2012, and with that will come more trees to fall harder and louder on your hopes and dreams.

Agree with the bolded. Xtina's star power and willingness to be outspoken and not just another "sweet-but-useless female judge on a singing competition" elevated the judging panel and the entire competition. Not too mention that, despite the media overwhelmingly trying to put her down, she continued to give brutally honest and intelligent critique the entire season. If it weren't for Xtina nobody would be talking about The Voice right now.

botty

Banned
Ever since I started posting in this thread, I barely visit the gaming side of gaf. What have you guys done to me? Did someone slip something in the tea?

tumblr_lxr8z6shYA1r18sm9o1_500.gif

I will go back during e3 though ;)

Mau ®

The gaming side lol

I'm no longer as interested in gaming as I was before. Part of it because of work and school. Part of it because gaming is an expensive hobby :/

I mean, Im still playing Skyrim since it came out!!

botty

Banned
I'd replace Nicole shishirhtizinger with someone else. Preferably someone with an album that hasn't been pushed back into oblivion.

tumblr_m3j0sg31Xi1rv299vo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom