• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
IIFSO.png

glorious unknown, yet flawless british music master race <3

and extremely well known, and yet still completely perfect and flaw-flee british pop-rock band master race

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
This poor girl has been releasing singles for four years and still doesn't have a proper album out. Pretty solid (if unremarkable) tunes in the vein of Santogold:

Samsaya, "Breaking Bad"
Samsaya, "Superhero"
Samsaya, "ADHD"

It's like Britney is Parks & Recreation and Gaga is Community.

And Robyn is Arrested Development.

And Madonna is the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Makes sense: two that I can respect somewhat but have no interest in personally "watching," one that's an eternally reliable fallback, and one that's an indisputable classic which remains better than everything that followed. :)

Mumei

Number of albums at #1.

ADELE clocked her with most weeks at #1 in the album charts. ADELE also recently clocked her highest album tally (Immaculate Collection at 12x Platinum exceeded by '21' at 15x Platinum). Total discography sales will inevitably get clockedt as well.

ADELE used erase on the record books.

Ahhh.

Well that is rather impressive on both counts.

Well, I see The Great Exile has come to pass...

To commemorate, some fierceness:

Now we all know I love weaves, as any good queen should. But I also love when my sistas embrace their natural hair, as Brandy has done in her most recent photoshoot:

http://i.imgur.com/Wp0kc.png

http://i.imgur.com/KoFoK.png

#EDITORIAL

#MONICAWHO

#CLASSIERTHANYOURFAVES

#WHEREDIDALLTHEFLAWSGO

mmmhmmm looking the best she's ever looked, frankly.

hM6hL.gif

royalan

FQwBA.jpg

01 Every Single Night
02 Daredevil
03 Valentine
04 Jonathan
05 Left Alone
06 Werewolf
07 Periphery
08 Regret
09 Anything We Want
10 Hot Knife

075ee6d1.gif

90fxm.gif

Dear Lana Del Rey,

My dear, you had a good run. Your particular brand of spoiled rich girl music made its reductive mark, and will be felt for a few more months to come.

But now the original Depressed Skinny Girl is returning to remind the world who owns the throne. Many thanks to you, and the scores of other "singer-songwriting" lessors, for keeping the throne warm in her absence by the sheer energy of your combined reductionism.

Please leave your keys, microphone, and wig at the front desk. Mind that the wig is freshly washed, starched and pressed - or risk losing your security deposit.

Thank you, and please exit the building via the rear service entrance.

Sincerely,

Management.

Kyon

Banned
All due credit!

Diva sales tiers:

Madonna (250 - 300)
Mariah / Celine (200)
Whitney (170)
Streisand (140)
Britney (100)
Nobodies

I'm in love! Plus Godney is best selling female artist of the decade (had to add that) :p

EDIT: couldn't sworn Janet was somewhere up there no?

Mumei

I'm in love! Plus Godney is best selling female artist of the decade (had to add that) :p

EDIT: couldn't sworn Janet was somewhere up there no?

~100 million

I forgot about her. There's also several others with reported numbers at 100 million though I have to wonder when the certified numbers are ~30 million and the claimed sales are 100 million.

I can't believe Elvis sold that many albums. The Beatles I completely understand. Their music is timeless and influential. I have a hard time coming up with more than 4 or 5 Elvis songs. I think time has been kinder to the Beatles music over Elvis.

I can't believe Elvis sold that many albums. The Beatles I completely understand. Their music is timeless and influential. I have a hard time coming up with more than 4 or 5 Elvis songs. I think time has been kinder to the Beatles music over Elvis.

...what? Keep in mind that a huge proportion of those sales are non-US. Elvis is arguably the biggest global musical icon to come from the USA, Michael Jackson included.

Kyon

Banned
almost as bad as Miscarried Baby (aka Skeri BigBird Hilson) and her Walmart tour.

except even Skeri can be on key when she sings and on pitch. smh Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom