• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Grand Tour (Top Gear Two/Three - Clarkson/May/Hammond) Anticipation and News

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That clip is apparently not from The Grand Tour and from one of their Live Shows.

Still, could be worse.
*cut to Hammond broken down on the side of the road*

Looks so good, I really really hope they deliver...PLUS I hope BBC just uses LeBlanc and let him run Top Gear, he was the one perfect thing about the casting...

The Beard

Looks so good, I really really hope they deliver...PLUS I hope BBC just uses LeBlanc and let him run Top Gear, he was the one perfect thing about the casting...

Leblanc is too dry, and too dull to run the show. He needs a co-host with a fun personality to make up for his lack thereof. He can be funny in small parts, but if he was the main host with the majority of screen time, the show would be a fucking snooze fest.

thenexus6

I really don't like these guys, but the camera team are on point once again. I will check it out, but won't follow the series.

Jarrod38

New Trailer

It really does look fantastic

LKlGFDe.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
30 minute interview with Andy Wilman from August here.

- Goes into how the tent setup came to be
- How anal BBC lawyers are about thigns
- Leaderboard still, no handwritten times because of BBC lawyers
- News is back, not called news because of BBC layers
- They still may still have themed (Christmas) episodes, but not legally so because of BBC lawyers

Clarkson, Hammond, and May were interviewed by Adam Carolla on his podcast. Fun interview, about 45 minutes.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/acs-jeremy-clarkson-james/id306390087?i=1000376428078&mt=2

This was fun and light. For people who can't listen, some old info:

- No SIARPC, no test track
- Little bit over half filmed, rest studio
- They assure there's still a good relationship with the BBC
- Richard's dragster incident got the show from 3-4 million british viewers to 8 million, then it went global afterwards.
- Nice discussion about boutique super car market in the UK
- Jeremy says the LFA is the best car he's ever driven, Richard GT3 RS, May 458 Speciale (he owns it)

Also I made a thread for people to share their favourite Top Gear moments, if anyone wants to have a look.

Sec0nd

Oh man, I didn't even see the second trailer! So excited for this show. I was a massive Top Gear fan so I've been missing the guys!

Brandson

I was hoping Amazon would take this opportunity to launch their video service in Canada, but apparently not. Can't stream it, can't buy videos. I'm not a business major or anything, but I'm pretty sure you need to make your product available to buy if you want anyone to pay for it.

LoveCake

I know it's is out here in the UK on the 18th (this Friday) but has the actual time it is going to be available to stream been announced?

terrible

Banned
I was hoping Amazon would take this opportunity to launch their video service in Canada, but apparently not. Can't stream it, can't buy videos. I'm not a business major or anything, but I'm pretty sure you need to make your product available to buy if you want anyone to pay for it.

I really don't understand this at all. I was hoping another service or something would pick up the rights if Amazon themselves weren't planning on releasing it here but I haven't heard anything about that yet. What's going on?

Chris R

Bummed these are coming one at a time :( I would burn through the entire series that weekend if I could.

I wonder what the "Best" download quality is going to be from the app... 1080 would be great to see

m23

Bummed these are coming one at a time :( I would burn through the entire series that weekend if I could.

I wonder what the "Best" download quality is going to be from the app... 1080 would be great to see

I'd much rather they stick to the weekly format. Let's you digest each episode and also makes the wait a bit easier for next season lol.

LoveCake

I'd much rather they stick to the weekly format. Let's you digest each episode and also makes the wait a bit easier for next season lol.

Yeah I agree, I cannot watch one show after another, and I think I did see one of them say that they didn't want the whole series available in one go, I think it was Andy Wilman that said it in an interview.

Xun

I'm a bit naive, but I'm assuming you'll be able to buy each episode as it comes out right?

I don't want Prime.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The OT title needs to be a saying from the show or at least a dig at how poorly the BBC Top Gear reboot turned out.

The Grand Tour |OT| Ambitious, yet rubbish
The Grand Tour |OT| How hard could it be, they said
The Grand Tour |OT| The best Top Gear... in the world
The Grand Tour |OT| For legal reasons, this show is shit
The Grand Tour |OT| Amazon POWEEEEEEEEEEER

EDIT: I can make the OT if nobody else wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom