• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NXE PREMIUM THEME SHOWCASE

PhatSaqs

Banned
Halo Wars

HaloWars_PR.JPG

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anyone check the Japanese marketplace for anything unique?

Then again, if anything is up there that's different it'd likely be Idolmaster related.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Didn't MS at one point state that Premium themes would also be animated? I think it was during the E3 reveal conference?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Brandon F said:
Pretty, but who the fuck are those asshats in the sky?
My thoughts exactly.

Is there any way to use a theme's friends list properties in conjunction with a custom background?

Gorki247

Brandon F said:
Pretty, but who the fuck are those asshats in the sky?
The Halo Wars theme looks great and would have been an instant buy if it wasn't for those characters in the sky. A clear blue sky would have been so much better IMHO.

Soroc

These themes look pretty sweet. Will people be able to build there own premium themes like you can do with the PS3?

I am blown away at how much the themes can change the vibe of the dashboard if they are created well. Even that Forza one just screams Forza ... loving this! I might have to put together a website for all these.

kbear

Wow I like the Halo WArs one a lot

One thing I like about that one and the Tomb Raider is that the game's title isn't in the theme. Fable 2 and COD themes have the title in big text on your screen...anyone else not like that?

GhaleonEB

Brandon F said:
Yes, hence the reason for this thread. Only premium themes that came out early were for Gears 2, some of those released last week(Giant Marcus head one was free until today)
Ah, thanks. Never bought a theme before but I've got a perpetual balance of 200 points. Might have to do some browsing....

kbear

Gorki247 said:
The Halo Wars theme looks great and would have been an instant buy if it wasn't for those characters in the sky. A clear blue sky would have been so much better IMHO.
I agree... would've bought it already if not for the characters in the sky. I'm still thinking about it tho

Dizzy-4U

Can you modify a theme? Lets say I like the halo wars one, but I want to change the background....is that possible?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Also, can anyone share the bonus themes included with NXE. I'd like to see 'Night' considering how much praise its gotten.

bigGIRLSblouse said:
I am blown away at how much the themes can change the vibe of the dashboard if they are created well. Even that Forza one just screams Forza ... loving this! I might have to put together a website for all these.

I was most impressed with how the Fable one integrates the "floor" of the dashboard. I didn't even realize it was there!

MCD

Brandon F said:
Also, can anyone share the bonus themes included with NXE. I'd like to see 'Night' considering how much praise its gotten.
share? everyone should have it by default.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
sien916 said:
I wonder if we'll start seeing free ones down the road.
Well, that one Gears one was free for a day
I missed it :(

I'm sure any free ones will mostly just be the usual motley collection of marketing tools for various movies, gums, and fast-food eateries. Which might turn out great on the odd occasion (Imagine if the Dark Knight one had come out with NXE functionality, with avatars standing in front of the bat-pod, a blown-out bank vault, Dent's coin, etc.).

Shig said:
Well, that one Gears one was free for a day
I missed it :(

I'm sure any free ones will mostly just be marketing tools for various movies, gums, and fast-food eateries, as usual. Which could be cool on the odd occasion (Imagine if the Dark Knight one had come out with NXE functionality, with avatars standing in front of the bat-pod, a blown-out bank vault, Dent's coin, etc.).

I don't think there will be too many. They require a lot more work than just five hi-res tiffs.

bumpkin

I don't know if anyone's already asked this, but are the backgrounds animated? That'd be cool if the crowd was cheering in the Forza one or if like tropical birds flew by periodically in the Tomb Raider one.

h3ro

kbear said:
Wow I like the Halo WArs one a lot

One thing I like about that one and the Tomb Raider is that the game's title isn't in the theme. Fable 2 and COD themes have the title in big text on your screen...anyone else not like that?

Not a fan either. I'd rather just have the art/character model, ala giant Marcus head or the Forza one.

I really wanna see the RB2 theme, the original RB themes looked sweet... as stated above, I wonder if they'll be putting out more free Premium themes, I hope they do. 250 Points is a good chunk of change. I'm happy that I was able to snag the Last Day theme while it was free, its a great looking one...

Gorki247

Am I the only one that wouldn't mind getting a well-designed Banjo Kazooie N&B theme? I think the BK style would fit with the Avatars nicely.

Doodis

That Forza theme is actually pretty brilliant. The way they've positioned the track and used a similar color palette makes it look like the gray blob on the bottom half of the screen is actually part of the theme. Nicely done.

Halo Wars theme looks great, too, but I also agree that characters in the sky are laaaame.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I love the castle crashers one so much :D

3rd ever theme I have used, and was glad I bought it blindly today :lol

(used to use the PD0 theme that came with the collectors edition, then the bungie day 2007)

I really like the look of the forza theme as well dayum..

vg260

I condemned the purchase of themes previously, but these being more "interactive" than essentially wallpaper actually have some merit for costing money. I will be buying my first theme ever, Street Fighter, sight unseen. I can't imagine the Rock Band one not being aesthetically pleasing, so I'm pretty sure I'll get it too.

kbear

See..The Last Remnant theme posted above would be great if not for that big ass obnoxious title text. I hope that trend doesn't continue

Top Bottom