• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NXE PREMIUM THEME SHOWCASE

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
AlphaTwo00 said:
I'm suprised that for a VP theme, it's not entirely coated in color.
That's why I'm disappointed. When you go in Games Library, Photo Library etc there are different backgrounds which are much more colourful. :(

Give me a Banjo theme, please.

Sean

Banned
BTW, thought the description for the Viva theme was kinda funny (last sentence):

vivaapplejokebf591.png

And I agree with those wanting a Banjo theme. Cmon Rare!

cluto

kylej said:
Oh I know but when the description says "Update your dashboard with this new Skate 2 theme designed for the New Xbox Experience!" I was expecting something more. bah
Damnit.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Gears 2 - Destroyed Beauty theme:

2ywcsb6.jpg

Seems to be basically the same as the other Gears 2 theme(s) except with a different background.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Shig said:
This hasn't really happened often. Only with Halo, Gears, and GTAIV. Most free themes are more ads for movies or products.

Those are the only ones I would want. Big releases. I am not trying to rock a Lips theme.

trh said:
Gears 2 - Destroyed Beauty theme:

Seems to be basically the same as the other Gears 2 theme(s) except with a different background.

Wow. I like that one. Clearly Gears without having Marcus' huge noggin or any logos. I shall purchase.

Is there a way to customize the theme so you can have the Friends list background (with a premium theme) but a custom background in place of the artwork the premium theme carries.

REV 09

Shig said:
Ruined cityscape >>>>> giant Marcus head

I may have to pick that one up.
hope runs deep is the best. it's basically a wider version of the boxart with all the characters marching.

Edit: look like this.
i70ksl.jpg

REV 09 said:
hope runs deep is the best. it's basically a wider version of the boxart with all the characters marching.

I disagree. My favorites so far are the ones that look "realistic" (as silly as that sounds) like the Tomb Raider and Forza ones with natural backgrounds. This Gears one is perfect.

Edit: Woah huge picture edit after I quoted you :lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
TheLegendary said:
I disagree. My favorites so far are the ones that look "realistic" (as silly as that sounds) like the Tomb Raider and Forza ones with natural backgrounds. This Gears one is perfect.
I agree with this disagreement.

PS: can we also make this topic an "old themes that used to kinda suck on the old dashboard but are now awesome" thread, too? Because my Samurai Jack theme looks pretty damn great on this. On the old dash, Jack's poor head was buried under the blades.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I wanna see the World Tour theme if anyone's jumped in.

I like the background they used for the promo stuff on the old Dashboard, so have high hopes for this.

Doodis

BenjaminBirdie said:
P.S. A Vault 101 Jumpsuit for my avatar would be a real crackerjack.
This needs to happen. And I'll be shocked if it doesn't. It would be great to dress your avatar up in clothing/armor/whatever from your favorite game. Honestly, I'm surprised that Microsoft didn't start working with publishers sooner so that we had some of this from the get go. The clothing options in general are just weak.

Fireflu

striKeVillain! said:
Is there a way to customize the theme so you can have the Friends list background (with a premium theme) but a custom background in place of the artwork the premium theme carries.
Yeah, why on earth cant we mix and match, i remember on the old dashboard we could customize the images, trim and guide, obviously the replacement for the trim is now the large ominous silver sphere but I really want to keep that black (like when using the night theme) and apply my own image without being forced to use that city/street image, hmmm seems odd of MS to take out these options. Also what happened to guide background customization, end rant.

Erm...looking through all these awesome themes on GAF is nice and all but for some reason I can't actually buy them on my Xbox nor on the Marketplace site. Fix this MS so I can spend some of your space bux!

Versus

These premium themes are surprisingly awesome. I've never purchased a theme or even a gamerpic before, but I'm actually tempted here. Halo or Gears though, hmmmm...

Doodis said:
This needs to happen. And I'll be shocked if it doesn't. It would be great to dress your avatar up in clothing/armor/whatever from your favorite game. Honestly, I'm surprised that Microsoft didn't start working with publishers sooner so that we had some of this from the get go. The clothing options in general are just weak.
The sucky side of it; Microsoft is prolly going to charge like 5 bucks for an entire get up.

...I kinda forgot today was the NXE day so this afternoon after not playing CoD4(videogames in general) for like 3 months I hopped on and was greeted by the upgrade blade...

So yeah, still have not made an avatar due to total lack of interest and prolly not going to buy more than 1 theme for it over the next 3 years...

Doodis said:
Someone already posted a pic here of CliffyB's avatar, he was wearing a Gears suit, so yeah, it will come sooner or later...probably sooner.

tissot

BenjaminBirdie said:
It sure ain't you. Welcome to day one of any online initiative.

Then how are some people in this thread getting the themes? I remember reading this, but I can't remember how to delete games off my profile.

tissot said:
Then how are some people in this thread getting the themes? I remember reading this, but I can't remember how to delete games off my profile.

It's spotty, but not completely disabled. Or at least it wasn't earlier.

i wish the entire theme was like the friends channel. the dust or glow in that section usually makes the bg meld more with the obtrusive orbish shape

Spike

Shig said:
(Imagine if the Dark Knight one had come out with NXE functionality, with avatars standing in front of the bat-pod, a blown-out bank vault, Dent's coin, etc.).

I don't want to imagine this since we'll never see it. The original one is useless to me now...

GremlinInTheMachine said:
Paying to put a game ad on your dashboard is moronic.

It's not an ad when you already own the game. Who would I be advertising to if I bought a game specific theme? Myself? In that sense, anything you buy is paying to advertise. Bought a cd? You're paying to advertise for that band by putting their cd on your shelf. Your logic is wrong, and your attitude sucks.

Jswanko

GremlinInTheMachine said:
Paying to put a game ad on your dashboard is moronic.
I prefer to stare at a boring gray background when i boot up my xbox. Getting to integrate my favorite game into my dashboard? gross!

Kafel

Banned
I really didn't care about gamerpics or old themes coming with Collector Editions of games but now I want a theme in every CE.

PhlivoSong said:
It's not an ad when you already own the game. Who would I be advertising to if I bought a game specific theme? Myself? In that sense, anything you buy is paying to advertise. Bought a cd? You're paying to advertise for that band by putting their cd on your shelf. Your logic is wrong, and your attitude sucks.

Horse armor enabler.

Jswanko said:
I prefer to stare at a boring gray background when i boot up my xbox. Getting to integrate my favorite game into my dashboard? gross!

It shouldn't be boring to begin with, and game ad wallpapers with a profit margin that has to be around 95% is ridiculous.

MS won't even let owners make their own wallpaper and upload it because that would cut into their nickle and diming.

Top Bottom