• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NXE PREMIUM THEME SHOWCASE

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
2n7i2jl.jpg

Here's the Gears one I redeemed off the card that came with the game.

LCfiner

viakado said:
someone educate me. what the hell is the point of playing from the harddrive if you need the disc in the tray??

faster load times, much less noise. if you didn't need the disc, then pirating would go through the roof (or insane DRM would need to have been designed for the copying)

vg260

saunderez said:
The one I have has the grindlifts etc in the Friends list. Isn't that the Premium theme?

I swear, it was free, I wouldn't buy a Gears theme. Ever.

Just from the Marketplace. Got it a week or so ago if I remember correctly and it had the (Premium) prefix to it. This was prior to me being accepted into the NXE Beta.

Yeah, I think I'm losing my mind because I have three themes on my HD that I downloaded via XBL banner ads/pages. Non of them say premium but they all are about 12-13 MB. I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally spend MS points on them. They're not listed in my points activity, so I don't think I did. One of them shows up in my download history, but not the other two. Was there some sort of temporary give-away or glitch I stumbled upon?

sinnergy

viakado said:
someone educate me. what the hell is the point of playing from the harddrive if you need the disc in the tray??

PC isn't any different, after you install you need the disc for authentication in the tray. Downloading no cd patches aren't really legal....

Mar_ said:
Does anyone know when the SSF2HDR premium theme will be released?

Two days ago there was an ad on Live that said it would be available on launch day, then today I think I saw that it was changed to a week from launch.

Mar

PhlivoSong said:
Two days ago there was an ad on Live that said it would be available on launch day, then today I think I saw that it was changed to a week from launch.

Thanks. Yeah I saw an ad saying the 19th. But I have a feeling they'll wait until the release of the game, which is next week apparently.

GremlinInTheMachine said:
MS won't even let owners make their own wallpaper and upload it because that would cut into their nickle and diming.

Uhh...

I did it with the old dashboard, and apparently you can with NXE. So you can.

thirtytwoutside said:
I did it with the old dashboard, and apparently you can with NXE. So you can.
I'm amazed at how few people knew you could do this. They even showed you how on one of those "Inside Xbox" vids.

Jasoco

Banned
Psychotext said:
I'm amazed at how few people knew you could do this. They even showed you how on one of those "Inside Xbox" vids.
Yeah, but it totally gets hurt by the damned horizon you can't remove from the floor of the screen. We need more Theme creation control. I don't buy licensed themes. I like to set my own desktop picture. I'd like to change the bright green panels to a nice orange as well. I just want more control.

Also, seems that most of the people on my Friends list haven't updated yet. I'm seeing a lot of generic silhouettes.

sankao

mYm|17| said:
how does that work?
go to picture, press Y.

Someone should release a pattern to make DIY backgrounds that look good with NXE (ie, taking into account the sphere at the bottom).

chespace said:
Thanks. It was our first attempt at creating a "premium" theme and we had about a solid week to do it before submission. :D

We plan on doing more stuff with the NXE. Pretty awesome and fun.

The theme should have more cars (not only the Nissan) that would be really great. But I bought it, really nice effort (love how the rail merges with the lower part of the screen).

DoomGyver

Nathan Rain said:
OK I need this theme, whats its name on the Marketplace???

This is the Gamestop Exclusive theme that you could only obtain if you pre-ordered Gears 2.

I don't believe it's on the marketplace.

LCfiner

Zzoram said:
Wait, we can make our own themes now?

you've always been able to use a custom image for the background of the blades. this is the same functionality. you can't chnage the color of the bottom half of the screen, or the locales where the friends stand.

JimiNutz

Banned
Full Recovery said:
This is the Gamestop Exclusive theme that you could only obtain if you pre-ordered Gears 2.

I don't believe it's on the marketplace.

It is (at least it is the UK anyway)
It's called Gears of War-Clash and costs 250 space bucks

Zzoram said:
Wait, we can make our own themes now?
You could do this on the old dash too. It's just integrates better now with NXE. But you will probably need to adjust the backgrounds a bit, but still, custom pics look much better now, especially the earth one, thanks again whitehawk.

Zzoram

Hellraizer said:
You could do this on the old dash too. It's just integrates better now with NXE. But you will probably need to adjust the backgrounds a bit, but still, custom pics look much better now, especially the earth one, thanks again whitehawk.

Wait, how come I never knew about this? How do you do it?

Zzoram

MCD said:
yeah, usb flash stick or cd/dvd should work.

Wow, I'm still shocked.

Now the question is, what are some good sources of background images, and should they be cropped to be 1280x720

MCD

Zzoram said:
Wow, I'm still shocked.

Now the question is, what are some good sources of background images, and should they be cropped to be 1280x720
nah, don't crop.

try to get 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 pictures, let 360 resize them for you by simply applying them as walls.

here is the image i am currently using:

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
MCD said:
nah, don't crop.

try to get 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 pictures, let 360 resize them for you by simply applying them as walls.

here is the image i am currently using:

Her breasts are quite large.

antispin

Hellraizer said:
USB key, camera, dvd, cd, and even streaming (pick a picture out of your wmp11 library for example)

This isn't working for me. I get the option -- Y for setting as background, it even asks for confirmation -- but then, no change. I even tried singing off and then back in and then restarting the console. What gives? Any clue?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
antispin said:
This isn't working for me. I get the option -- Y for setting as background, it even asks for confirmation -- but then, no change. I even tried singing off and then back in and then restarting the console. What gives? Any clue?
Is it a JPG?

Top Bottom