• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NXE PREMIUM THEME SHOWCASE

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i would be interested in themes for:

- fallout 3
- the orange box
- bioshock
- mirror's edge

especially fallout 3 though. the game just has a really distinct style that could be really put to creative use in a theme.

3rdman

beelzebozo said:
i would be interested in themes for:

- fallout 3
- the orange box
- bioshock
- mirror's edge

especially fallout 3 though. the game just has a really distinct style that could be really put to creative use in a theme.
The only game I'd like to have a theme for is REZ...maybe Psychonauts. Generally I prefer themes based on a style or motif. Right now there is nothing that appeals to me....surely in time though there will.

CajoleJuice said:
So which themes are free? Because those are the only ones I care about. My free background is already totally awesome anyway.
There is one Gears 2 premium theme that is free. All other cost spacebucks. But I bet there will be free premium themes like there were normal themes before...Mountain Dew Premium theme is coming soon for sure.

Hellraizer said:
There is one Gears 2 premium theme that is free. All other cost spacebucks. But I bet there will be free premium themes like there were normal themes before...Mountain Dew Premium theme is coming soon for sure.
Thanks, I thought I saw that in the thread earlier. I doubt I'm going to use it.

ShinAmano

DustoMan said:
Wait what card? In my LE, I got a card with the golden lancer, the map pack, and I think a trial code.
Wondering the same thing. I thought there was supposed to be one, but I looked last night and saw nothing :(

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
DustoMan said:
Wait what card? In my LE, I got a card with the golden lancer, the map pack, and I think a trial code.
It was exclusive for GameStop preorders.

Hellraizer said:

Was free. It's not anymore.

2zeibsm.jpg

Guitar Hero theme is pretty much shit. At least it doesn't have a huge logo.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
TheGreatDave said:
Guitar Hero theme is pretty much shit. At least it doesn't have a huge logo.
I dunno, looks pretty good to me. The avatar backdrops look a lot less lazy than RB2's boring, perfectly square walls of amps.

LiK

3rdman said:
The only game I'd like to have a theme for is REZ...maybe Psychonauts. Generally I prefer themes based on a style or motif. Right now there is nothing that appeals to me....surely in time though there will.

fuck yes! Rez theme would be nice. but i doubt it :(

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
watership said:
It amazes me that 3 years later, people still didn't know you could do this from Launch day.

Hey, I worked as an Xbox call center rep for a few months (and was the highest-scoring rep on the floor) and I didn't know about it until reading this thread.

Flyguy

The Ninja Blade one looks pretty sweet. Is the only one we're missing now Shaun White? Who's going to bite the bullet on it? Gotta Catch 'Em All! gogogogo.

Edit: After further review, we're also missing the Skate 2 and Need for Speed themes.

Flyguy said:
The Ninja Blade one looks pretty sweet. Is the only one we're missing now Shaun White? Who's going to bite the bullet on it? Gotta Catch 'Em All! gogogogo.

Edit: After further review, we're also missing the Skate 2 and Need for Speed themes.

I don't think Skate 2 is premium, unless there's a new one. Is it 250 on Marketplace, right now?

It's sad that the Shawn White one could potentially be quite nice. Mountains and ski lodges and shit. For such a lousy game.

:(

Flyguy

BenjaminBirdie said:
I don't Skate 2 is premium, unless there's a new one. Is it 250 on Marketplace, right now?

It's sad that the Shawn White one could potentially be quite nice. Mountains and ski lodges and shit. For such a lousy game.

:(
According to cjelly's list Skate 2 had a premium theme available. His list has been accurate so far.

Flyguy

BenjaminBirdie said:
No, I had to take it down. There were a few wrong ones on there, at least as of now.
cjelly said:
# Guitar Hero World Tour NXE Premium Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Call of Duty World at War NXE Premium Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Randy Couture Theme: 50 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Rock Band 2 Premium Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Need for Speed Undercover - Maggie Q Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Skate 2 New San Van Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# NINJA BLADE Premium Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Halo 3 Theme Nov 2008: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Forza 2 NXE Theme 1: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Fable II General Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Halo Wars You’re in Command Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Gears of War 2 Sera Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Tomb Raider: Underworld - Theme 2.0: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Sonic Unleashed Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Last Remnant Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Shaun White Snowboarding Freedom Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.
# Castle Crashers Theme Pack for TP Version 2: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

All of those have been accurate, as far as I can tell.

Flyguy

BenjaminBirdie said:
Yeah, I was just coming in here to post this. You were right BB. Tell your sister, you were right.

marketplace.xbox.com is a little wonky right now, but I can't seem to find anything on the Need for Speed theme either. Maybe we are just missing one premium theme at this point.

Flyguy said:
Yeah, I was just coming in here to post this. You were right BB. Tell your sister, you were right.

marketplace.xbox.com is a little wonky right now, but I can't seem to find anything on the Need for Speed theme either. Maybe we are just missing one premium theme at this point.

I'm sure it'll all come out right in the end.

Oddly enough, as much as I gobbled up old themes, I'm going to be a lot more selective this time, not because of the price, but because they're a pretty big, I don't know, visual commitment?

burnfout said:
Are you gonna update the OP Benjamin?

I only put TinyPic stuff in there. I'm not putting any other stuff anywhere near a post of mine. I think this thread is perfectly browsable. Just look for the big giant pictures.

;D

In other news, the Castle Crashers theme looks so delightful in person.

Flyguy

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Damn didnt know ninja blade was from from software, loved tenchu z coop on 360.

I guess as soon as this is out in america I will buy it.

Top Bottom