• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playstation Phone is Real [Up: Sony Ericsson Comments, Feb Announce Likely p.919]

AndyD

aka andydumi
spwolf said:
indeed, but it doesnt seem likely that they will sell you $200 of extra hardware in TV when they can sell you... PS3 for same money... it is just not feasible. Well it is, i just dont see it happening large scale, and hence devs probably wont target it.

.... will next PS4 come with Google TV?! That makes a lot more sense.

Is it needed in PS4 if TVs have it? Then again if its simply software licensing, something like Netflix support, then as many devices with it as possible should be fine.

spwolf said:
indeed, but it doesnt seem likely that they will sell you $200 of extra hardware in TV when they can sell you... PS3 for same money... it is just not feasible. Well it is, i just dont see it happening large scale, and hence devs probably wont target it.

.... will next PS4 come with Google TV?! That makes a lot more sense.

Its not $200 worth of hardware though, that's the point. Its a single <2w SOC. Its an extra $50 at the absolute most (though probably a lot less) and something that can easily be swallowed by the premium priced TVs and BD players. There's definitely a segment of the market that aren't prepared to buy a dedicated $300 gaming device but if you make the devices they're already set to buy capable of playing your online content, well they may just go ahead and make a purchase.

As for the implications for developers, well there wouldn't be any. So long as they don't force the use of the touchscreen in there games, they'll support any TV based PSP2 natively without any extra coding.

Of course, after all this, well I don't expect it to actually happen of course, I feel Sony would want to keep some amount of segregation between the portable and home markets. I'm just demonstrating the scope that a device agnostic PSP2 could have. Its the potential is massive and they could reach so many untapped markets.

Corto said:
Tablet for browsing, video and e-reader and games in a larger beautiful screen. PSP2 for games and multimedia, PSPhone for ... phone and bit sized games, calendar/agenda/GTD and Android library awesomeness.

What about if the phone goes to the carrier you're not with right now? I would prefer to get the phone, but I know there ain't no way in hell it'll come to Sprint and my monthly plan with Sprint is too good so I'll have to pass on the phone....

spwolf said:
indeed... it is same strategy, applied to Sony situation... in fact, I was reading some Sony guidances from 2008 and they said back then that "they will look for innovation anywhere, including outside", which was clear reference to what is happening now.

brain_stew said:
Plenty of people that own a dedicated handheld also own a tablet and smartphone. If you're going to buy three devices anyway, why not buy devices that allow you to share your game library between them?

The dedicated PSP2 device should have some advantages of its own when compared to the phone, like a bigger battery and larger screen.

Fair enough.

gofreak said:
Speaking of which, kind of uncanny that functionally this device has everything the PSP2 supposedly has in terms of interface, everything that's new about it, if they're separate platforms...

Its a fair point. One of the most consistent PSP2 rumours has been about some sort of touchpad, and yet the first Sony device we see with a touchpad is............this Playstation phone. You can right it off as a coincidence if you want or use it as more evidence that these projects are connected, I'm doing the latter (partly in hope, I guess) but I can understand the former perspective.

brain_stew said:
A Playstation Phone could have and should have happened at any time. Why is it set to release at damn near exactly the same time as the PSP2? Its too much of a coincidence and I just can't see how Stringer would ever allow two competing Playstation platforms to release at the same time.

that's because they aren't BOTH PlayStation products. only one of them is. ;)

YourMaster

CrayzeeCarl said:
Why would you possibly need it to last 5 days?

It's a phone, I keep it on/near me to get called. It's not something to use a lot, don't want to turn it off and don't want to have to recharge all the time.

When I'm using it a lot for gaming it would be acceptable to have to recharge it more, but there are always periods in which I don't use a console.

AndyD said:
Its prototype hardware. Marketing has not had its hands on it yet.

It's clearly not any kind of early prototype -- it's got a "final"-style hardware shape, brand logo for Sony Ericsson, fully labeled gaming buttons, etc. Nothing about the hardware itself screams "unfinished"; it looks like the sort of things that you show off right before an announcement, at the phase when your decision on how to brand your system should be entirely complete.

It would be absolutely bizarre for a device that's the successor to the PSP to carry no Playstation branding of any kind and only feature the SE logo, but it'd be quite normal for an SE phone that leveraged certain aspects of the Playstation without actually being a SCE product.

brain_stew said:
A Playstation Phone could have and should have happened at any time. Why is it set to release at damn near exactly the same time as the PSP2?

Poor juggling of alternate development paths? That's also assuming this is something that even gets announced rather than a drawing-board prototype that winds up never seeing the light of day for exactly the reason you state (it confuses the market given the likely phone SKU for the real PSP2 next year.)

Also, smartphone release schedules are completely different from console release schedules. Sony Ericsson could announce this thing next month and have it already on the shelves before the PSP2 is even announced.

I mean, look at it this way: has anyone ever gotten their hands on a fully-functional prototype hardware for a brand-new gaming console or handheld (not a revision of an existing system) that's yet to even be announced and whose release date would have to be nearly a year in the future? The scale of leak you're talking about in that case is off the charts, utterly unprecedented in the industry. The very fact that we're looking at this suggests that it's a regular smartphone with a release date in the next two or three months, not a part of Sony's next handheld platform. Given the stage we're at with the PSP2 devkit rumors (i.e. basically the same spot we were at around February with the 3DS) prototype hardware of this sort shouldn't even exist for the PSP2 and certainly shouldn't be in hands outside the company.

(And all the devkit rumors talk about the PSP like a regular handheld, not a phone, suggesting that any phone version that exists is the "value added" version, not the primary SKU. And so on.)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
charlequin said:
It's clearly not any kind of early prototype -- it's got a "final"-style hardware shape, brand logo for Sony Ericsson, fully labeled gaming buttons, etc. Nothing about the hardware itself screams "unfinished"; it looks like the sort of things that you show off right before an announcement, at the phase when your decision on how to brand your system should be entirely complete.

It would be absolutely bizarre for a device that's the successor to the PSP to carry no Playstation branding of any kind and only feature the SE logo, but it'd be quite normal for an SE phone that leveraged certain aspects of the Playstation without actually being a SCE product.

The question is though, what if it's 'just' a successor? One device that runs the next-gen PSP platform?

I do not think it would be desirable for all such devices to be overtly 'Playstation' looking or whatever. At the start of course, the vast majority of people buying a device like this would be the Playstation crowd, but I think they would intend for that to become 'just' a feature that's piggybacked into a wider base of hands via a range of devices. In that case, the Playstation branding shouldn't be hugely conspicuous or overwhelming.

(I do think, though, a final rev of this design would have a playstation logo somewhere on the outer casing - hopefully though something very subtle! Note also - a lot of the back of the device is covered in masking tape. There might be branding lying underneath, and I could understand why SE would want to hide it if these prototypes might be carried in public for example.)

charlequin said:
Poor juggling of alternate development paths? That's also assuming this is something that even gets announced rather than a drawing-board prototype that winds up never seeing the light of day for exactly the reason you state (it confuses the market given the likely phone SKU for the real PSP2 next year.)

Also, smartphone release schedules are completely different from console release schedules. Sony Ericsson could announce this thing next month and have it already on the shelves before the PSP2 is even announced.

I think it's extremely unlikely that this is unrelated, at the very least.

I'll grant you that it's possible it's not exactly the same as the PSP2 platform, but I think it must be related.

I do not think SCE would involve themselves in a disjoint platform. And based on Sony's comments I think it's a good assumption SCE is involved (if the presence of the Playstation interface wasn't enough). They're not going to devote dev resources to both their own handheld and to a little jaunt by Sony Ericsson.

You could perhaps argue that this device might run a subset of the PSP2 platform. Maybe the next-gen iteration of the minis platform. Stuff aimed at the lighter gamer. The PSP2 then would run these games and others. You could argue it satisfies the 'no redundancy' claim of that Sony guy, and satisfactorily explain the involvement of SCE.

However that itself raises sticky questions. Like...how would this platform compete vs Android on the same device? What would be the USP over Android? If it's targeting the type of games already headed to Android (as minis does), it might be very tough to see the point of this. If it brought the whole platform though, that problem disappears. Ditto, if this platform required any custom hardware, why put that hardware (and a functionally equivalent interface) into the phone and then not let it play all the software? Sony would be closing off an audience for no good reason.

charlequin said:
I mean, look at it this way: has anyone ever gotten their hands on a fully-functional prototype hardware for a brand-new gaming console or handheld (not a revision of an existing system) that's yet to even be announced and whose release date would have to be nearly a year in the future? The scale of leak you're talking about in that case is off the charts, utterly unprecedented in the industry.

It's probably kind of unprecedented for this many parties to have access to prototypes of different versions of a device though. If devices are being worked on in Tokyo AND Sweden that does enhance the chances of leakage.

charlequin said:
Given the stage we're at with the PSP2 devkit rumors (i.e. basically the same spot we were at around February with the 3DS) prototype hardware of this sort shouldn't even exist for the PSP2 and certainly shouldn't be in hands outside the company.

(And all the devkit rumors talk about the PSP like a regular handheld, not a phone, suggesting that any phone version that exists is the "value added" version, not the primary SKU. And so on.)

Of course this needn't be the 'SCE PSP2' - the primary SKU, if you want to put it that way. The argument that's put forward is that it might be 'a' SKU. Also, I do believe prototypes for PSP2 would be knocking about at this stage, and if Sony Ericsson is involved with a device on their end, certainly then people outside SCE would have prototypes of their own company's device.

As for devs, SCE could give them kits to work on games without whispering a word to them about broader device strategy. Pubs would probably have been briefed, but frontline devs who might do leaking? A lot of them might be in the dark.

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
that's because they aren't BOTH PlayStation products. only one of them is. ;)

Any system with the Playstation control layout and Sony franchises is going to be seen as a Playstation product by the general consumer, whether Sony want it to or not.

If Sony wanted to differentiate the product from the Playstation line then the first thing they would have surely done is design a generic control scheme, not ape the classic PSP design.

charlequin said:
Poor juggling of alternate development paths? )

They're working in the same building though. Do you not think someone would have twigged on by now that releasing two competing products at the same time could jeopardise both products? If this was the case, I think there'd have been some corporate intervention by now, no matter what SCE and SE may want to do individually, the top tier executives aren't going to encourage them to destroy each other like this, at least you'd like to hope so. It is what Stringer has been preaching ever since he came to the company, afterall.

charlequin said:

The Playstation button layout and Dpad are Playstation branding, though. In fact, I'd argue they're the most iconic and static part of Playstation branding there is. You don't get to use them without SCE's say-so or corporate intervention. SE certainly could not use them for a product developed completely in isolation, that much is certain.

I apologize for not reading the entire thread, so I am not sure if this question has been answered already.

If this phone is planned to play PSP1 games, why is there no analogue nub? Or is this an entirely different platform?

CurseoftheGods said:
I apologize for not reading the entire thread, so I am not sure if this question has been answered already.

If this phone is planned to play PSP1 games, why is there no analogue nub? Or is this an entirely different platform?

The touchpad is the (dual) analog nub(s).

charlequin said:
I mean, look at it this way: has anyone ever gotten their hands on a fully-functional prototype hardware for a brand-new gaming console or handheld (not a revision of an existing system) that's yet to even be announced and whose release date would have to be nearly a year in the future? The scale of leak you're talking about in that case is off the charts, utterly unprecedented in the industry.
)

Well, no previous games console has shared a platform with a cell phone either, so if that's what the PSP2 is doing, well its not fair to draw a comparison with the past.

PSP2 devkits have been in the hands of lower tier developers for several months. Nintendo had their big public unveiling long before ever getting to that stage. Its clearly not as far away from launch as some seem to think.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
brain_stew said:
Well, no previous games console has shared a platform with a cell phone either, so if that's what the PSP2 is doing, well its not fair to draw a comparison with the past.

PSP2 devkits have been in the hands of lower tier developers for several months. Nintendo had their big public unveiling long before ever getting to that stage. Its clearly not as far away from launch as some seem to think.
Well, Nintendo do things different than Sony, specially when it comes to western third parties relations.

Lonely1 said:
Well, Nintendo do things different than Sony, specially when it comes to western third parties relations.

They still prioritise development kit deployment since early on they're always a limited resource, and sorry, the Mortal Kombat development team aren't an upper echelon partner for either company. They're third in line after first party studios and then the most privileged, top tier, third party developers who come next.

gofreak said:
The question is though, what if it's 'just' a successor? One device that runs the next-gen PSP platform?

Then the timing's off. PSP2 (whether as a unit or a "platform") won't be launching until late next year -- if they announce it at CES or GDS they'll be looking at a September launch at the earliest. Sony isn't going to have fully-functional, near-final trade-dress prototype units of a phone version of said platform to send around to people now. It wouldn't even make sense to be locking in the final shape of such a device yet.

It's entirely possible that once we have a PSP2, we'll see other parts of the company incorporate that technology into hybrid products, like a smartphone that includes the PSP2 guts -- in fact, I think that's a very good approach for a company like Sony to take -- but we're putting the cart before the horse here. By all reports, the core system is going to be a relatively traditional, Playstation-branded handheld that's still a year away.

They're not going to devote dev resources to both their own handheld and to a little jaunt by Sony Ericsson.

I don't see anything about this phone that would demand any SCE dev resources, though. If it's a moderate-power SOC Android phone that has built-in game controls and runs emulated PSOne titles, it could well be produced by SE with minimal SCE input.

Let's assume Sony wants to take an SCE-designed PSP platform which is sold as a standalone handheld, but then incorporate that core system into other devices (phones, tablets, etc.) That's a smart plan by Sony and something that fits with the SCE quotes you mentioned -- but those quotes could easily be talking solely about the actual PSP2 platform that will debut next year and have nothing to do with this specific phone.

It's probably kind of unprecedented for this many parties to have access to prototypes of different versions of a device though. If devices are being worked on in Tokyo AND Sweden that does enhance the chances of leakage.

But it would barely even make sense for a prototype like the one we're looking at to even exist for a product that's a year away from release. That's kind of my point here: the PSP2(s) can't possibly be hitting earlier than September. Year-out prototypes aren't going to have final trade-dress attached. Smartphones generally don't even get locked down a year out from release. If people have this thing in hand now, it's almost certainly a device that has to be coming out before a PSP2 platform can possibly be launched.

brain_stew said:
They're working in the same building though. Do you not think someone would have twigged on by now that releasing two competing products at the same time could jeopardise both products?

My basic operating theory here is that if SE puts out a relatively standard smartphone with game controls in the next three months, and then an integrated PSP2 platform launches in like October of next year, that's basically an epoch in smartphone terms and the two products won't interfere with one another at all.

brain_stew said:

That speaks to me of Sony having better third-party relations and giving more teams longer to work on launch titles, not a quicker launch. You can't launch a new gaming platform with less than six months' lead time for retail and you can't let retail in on the details they need without announcing the system publicly; that'd put July as the absolute earliest PSP2 could launch (with a CES announcement) but no one's going to launch a gaming platform in the summer, which makes a CES or GDS announcement and a September launch much more likely.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704170404575624592495029652.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

TOKYO—The head of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB indicated that the mobile-phone maker may be working closely with parent company Sony Corp. on a smartphone with a slide-out controller to play video games.

Sony Ericsson Chief Executive Bert Nordberg said he is aware of widespread speculation that the company is at work on a smartphone that would take advantage of Sony's experience in developing the PlayStation Portable video-game device.

"There's a lot of smoke, and I tell you there must be a fire somewhere," Mr. Nordberg said in an interview. "Sony has an extremely strong offering in the gaming market, and that's very interesting."

While many have already started to call the highly anticipated device a Sony PlayStation phone, the handset is likely to carry Sony Ericsson's Xperia brand, another person familiar with the matter said. The handset is also likely to run on Google Inc.'s Android operating system, and the video games may be available through an application, the person said.

The current generation of smartphones with touch screens is not "optimized for games," said Mr. Nordberg, who took over as CEO in October 2009.

Asked why Sony Ericsson hasn't already released a phone employing Sony's gaming resources, Mr. Nordberg said: "I haven't dug into that history, but the future might be brighter."

Mr. Nordberg, who said he wants to make a lot of "noise" with a new product at the Mobile Word Congress in Barcelona in February, said there is no technological difficulty in launching a gaming-oriented phone.

The main challenge, he said, is that the company has to consult many lawyers to negotiate rights issues with game publishers. "I'm very glad that we work with a company like Sony, who actually knows how to do it," he added.

To gain an edge in an increasingly crowded market for Android-based smartphones, the company will have to diversify its lineup. "Sony is of course a very strong brand, and why shouldn't we use that?" he asked. "Gaming, including content, is a very interesting proposition."

I'll let a mod decide if this is worth a new thread...I think it's kind of 'continuing confirmation'...

I think most significantly from this, is the strong indication that Sony Ericsson isn't managing the platform for this. That they're deferring to 'a company like Sony who actually knows how to do it' - i.e. SCE. I think that has implications for the debate about whether this is a separate new platform or something related to the next PSP.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
So, February release? That talk about "negotiate rights issues with game publishers" hits for a PSX phone, since a new platform for new games wouldn't have that issue.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Lonely1 said:
So, February release?

Announcement. Although they could announce before Feb and still make a lot of noise about it at subsequent events.

I get the impression Bert Nordberg would love to be talking about this thing right now though. Maybe he is engadget's mole :lol

Lonely1 said:
That talk about "negotiate rights issues with game publishers" hits for a PSX phone, since a new platform for new games wouldn't have that issue.

In a broader sense it would. Afterall, a license to publish on a platform - new or otherwise - and negotiations around that are 'rights issues'.

It would also, I think, be kind of odd to put a trackpad on a psx client. And a particularly strange coincidence.

spwolf

H_Prestige said:
Looks a lot more interesting than the psp2 proper, that's for sure. Android + PS = good stuff.

they have to be connected in some way, otherwise it is just another phone... they have to build platform around it and then tie that platform with Playstation.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
spwolf said:
they have to be connected in some way, otherwise it is just another phone... they have to build platform around it and then tie that platform with Playstation.

I think if you pair Android with another proprietary platform, regardless of how connected those two platforms are or are not, it won't be 'just another phone'.

spwolf

gofreak said:
I think if you pair Android with another proprietary platform, regardless of how connected those two platforms are or are not, it won't be 'just another phone'.

we will see... i think Sony is lead on this from software side anyway...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
gofreak said:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704170404575624592495029652.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

I'll let a mod decide if this is worth a new thread...I think it's kind of 'continuing confirmation'...

I think most significantly from this, is the strong indication that Sony Ericsson isn't managing the platform for this. That they're deferring to 'a company like Sony who actually knows how to do it' - i.e. SCE. I think that has implications for the debate about whether this is a separate new platform or something related to the next PSP.
Whoops. Didn't notice this until today. I'll go update the title.

Ninja Dom

Android gaming is an utter mess right now. There are so many kinds of handsets from cheap to expensive and only one method of delivery for games for all these handsets. The Marketplace isn't sophisticated enough to determine if a game will actually run on a certain Android device.

Because of this a "Playstation Phone" would almost certainly have to have it's own delivery channel. Otherwise then we have just another Android phone.

gcubed

Ninja Dom said:
Android gaming is an utter mess right now. There are so many kinds of handsets from cheap to expensive and only one method of delivery for games for all these handsets. The Marketplace isn't sophisticated enough to determine if a game will actually run on a certain Android device.

Because of this a "Playstation Phone" would almost certainly have to have it's own delivery channel. Otherwise then we have just another Android phone.

we have announced hardware exclusive games next year, so something will have to give on the market. They are days/weeks away from announcing their new version of OS that is admitted to be more gaming focused, maybe the id'ing is in there

Omiee

if the aplication they talked about is like a playstation store with playstation franchises coming out for it i will be all over this thing.

Binabik15

Great, looks like I´ll NOT upgrade my shitty SE dumbphone this year. AGAIN! Sometime something will be announced somewhere and it´ll make you regret not waiting! I love the phone market. Ugh.

Is there some video games oriented event in a similiar timeframe? Will Sony announce the PSP2 only AFTER the PSPhone launch to give the phone more early adopters? The wait for PSP2 is killing me D:

pseudocaesar said:
Will definitely purchase one. I wonder what it will play though... PSP games? Minis and Iphone size games? Tetris!? SNAKE!?

I can see PS1 and PSP games, easily. PSP2 games might be a bit of a stretch though. the phone would have to be massive, and battery life would be an issue.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Manmademan said:
I can see PS1 games, and PSP ports, easily. PSP games might be a bit of a stretch though. the phone would have to be massive, and battery life would be an issue.
Fixed.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Manmademan said:
I can see PS1 and PSP games, easily. PSP2 games might be a bit of a stretch though. the phone would have to be massive, and battery life would be an issue.

If you compare this to the leaked PSP2 shots, assuming their buttons are the same size they have very similar footprints.

Ti7Az.jpg

This comparison understates the size of the PSP2 a little though - because of the tilt of the photo, it appears vertically smaller than it actually is. Compensating for that, I think they'd be of uncannily similar size...

It was also noted that the phone was notably thicker than a regular SE phone of this kind of size...although it's kind of impossible to make a comparison with the PSP2 shots we have in that regard.

Carl

This is all really intriguing. If it comes out around the time my current contract ends i will probably get it :)

For me, the trackpad is the strongest link between the two devices (plus the track pad on the Sony Erricson prototype being in a configuration that allows for easy virtual "dual stick" controls is another telling sign)

It's very possible that the newest leak is an evolution of that original S-E prototype. With the device running on android, it would also explain the rumours of the PSP 2 having 1GB of RAM (which would be overkill for a standalone gaming handheld)

I still reckon that we might see a two pronged approach, with one model being a 3G phone and the other just being a standalone machine (ALA iPod Touch)

seady

I think a Gaming Phone idea sounds, but why fail to acknowledge the Playstation brand? The Playstation brand is well-known, and if Sony put the d-pad and buttons into more phones and treat them like a standard similar to the QWERTY keyboards, then bring this standard into many different phones, the Playstation Digital Store could become very popular like the iTunes/Android App Store. It will be unique to Sony and will raise the awareness of the Playstation brand on the mobile phone market.

Once again, Sony has potentially good products, but their horrible marketing and planning will ruin it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
seady said:
I think a Gaming Phone idea sounds, but why fail to acknowledge the Playstation brand? The Playstation brand is well-known, and if Sony put the d-pad and buttons into more phones and treat them like a standard similar to the QWERTY keyboards, then bring this standard into many different phones, the Playstation Digital Store could become very popular like the iTunes/Android App Store. It will be unique to Sony and will raise the awareness of the Playstation brand on the mobile phone market.

Once again, Sony has potentially good products, but their horrible marketing and planning will ruin it.

I think it is better to make this platform embeddable into a range of (Sony) devices that carry their own primary branding, vs fundamentally defining them by their 'Playstation-ality'. If you called it 'the Playstation Phone' then you're basically defining it as something only of interest to gamers and some people may not consider it a 'real'/serious phone. Put it into an Xperia phone though and it's a slightly different situation, at least could be in the longer run depending on how far they run with it. The presence of another established brand as the primary one for a given type of device signals to the customer they aren't sacrificing anything, they're getting 'Playstation' as a bonus.

To put it another way, in an alternate history, how seriously would a 'Playstation phone' - SCE designed and managed, with its own OS, carrying the playstation branding primarily - how seriously would that be taken outside of gaming circles? Not very seriously I'd imagine. Taking a 'regular' Sony Ericsson Xperia smartphone with Android, and flavouring it with Playstation compliance ('PSP2 inside' anyone?) is a smarter route if the attempt is to reach a broader audience.

interesting phone and a cool concept. maybe this will help spur development of games on Android. that's the chief area of complaint among Android users, afaik.

Kuran

Banned
Why does anyone want a ps phone? why?!

Wouldn't you rather want a PSP2?

The only call I need to make on my PSP is a Codec call to Kaz

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If the 'ps phone' is PSP2 related, then a showing before New Years would kind of surprise me. I figured Sony would be adamant about not lifting any lid on any PSP2 stuff before the end of the year.

OTOH, maybe leaks have fast-tracked their timetable.

OR...

...*gulp* maybe PS Phone isn't PSP2 related, or at least, not a 'full' embodiment of it. But I'd rather not think about that :lol

Anyway, do we know anything about this invite? Is it a general press conference or a private event or is it part of a larger event, or..?

gofreak said:
If the 'ps phone' is PSP2 related, then a showing before New Years would kind of surprise me. I figured Sony would be adamant about not lifting any lid on any PSP2 stuff before the end of the year.

OTOH, maybe leaks have fast-tracked their timetable.

OR...

...*gulp* maybe PS Phone isn't PSP2 related, or at least, not a 'full' embodiment of it. But I'd rather not think about that :lol

Anyway, do we know anything about this invite? Is it a general press conference or a private event or is it part of a larger event, or..?

PSP phone at this points looks more like a PSPGO-phone than a PSP2 IMO.
This invite was sent to some french bloggers/sites, without any further explanations. It kinda gets hyped on french sites :D

Top Bottom