• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2's Coliseum uses tickets per play, can earn in game or from Dewritos/BWW

Calibos

I usually don't care about promotions, but could they do anything else to fuck up TF2's PR before launch?

I don't understand...all they needed to do was expand on what they did in TF1 and release it for everyone and they have a mega hit right?

...It will probably still do amazing in sales though so maybe I am just not in tune with what the gaming public wants.

I went ham on that for ME2. I got all the items lol.

I don't want to speak for you but as it turns out, when you're a young 20-something year old dude you're generally WAY into drinking some Dr. Pepper, so I had a really easy time getting everything for ME2 (I think I got some Bad Company 2 content too). Also, that visor I mentioned is actually awesome both in the stats it gives you and I think it looks cool. I use it every time in both ME 2&3.

homer-jump-shark.jpg

Haha

Drewfonse

I'm confused. Will the game know if I've swallowed the chicken? Can I just pretend and then shove the food into a paper bag? I'm a vegetarian, and I assume that they'll have some shitty iceberg lettuce salad for me, which is always awesome.

Will I have to wear some sort of monitor so the game recognizes that I've actually eaten the food? If I throw up immediately, does the mode still unlock?

Rayme?

ultron87

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-2s-new-1v1-mode-is-accessible-by-drinkin/1100-6443835/

Another element of Coliseum mode is that you need a Coliseum ticket to gain entry. Tickets are earned by playing multiplayer, but can also be obtained by buying specially marked Mountain Dew drinks or Doritos bags, or from Buffalo Wild Wings promotions.

It isn't exclusive to restaurants or Dew, so that part isn't really a problem.

I'm more annoyed by the general concept of a mode you need a ticket to use every time you play. Hopefully you accumulate them through normal play at a reasonable rate.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm confused. Will the game know if I've swallowed the chicken? Can I just pretend and then shove the food into a paper bag? I'm a vegetarian, and I assume that they'll have some shitty iceberg lettuce salad for me, which is always awesome.

Will I have to wear some sort of monitor so the game recognizes that I've actually eaten the food?

You will get a code that will unlock it, along with the exclusive chicken wing titan and the buffalo sauce assault rifle.

daveo42

Banned
But BW3's is garbage tier wings. Also
866.jpg

Edit: Still shocked that you have to buy junk in the real world to open up a playable game mode. This is beyond insane to me.

Gator86

I look forward to having to eat at multiple chain restaurants to collect all the modes in future games. This industry never ceases to disappoint when it comes to producing new bullshit market strategies and gamers eating it up, likely literally in this case.

EuroGamer: Titanfall 2 multiplayer mode unlocked by eating at US resturant
jon-stewart-huh.gif

Eat at US restaurant chain Buffalo Wild Wings and you'll get access to an exclusive Titanfall 2 multiplayer mode. The mode will be unlocked immediately after you chow down on one of the chain's meals. You'll also get an exclusive Titan insignia.
giphy.gif

There's no official word of what the mode might be - There's an official promotion with Mountain Dew and Doritos for this one-versus-one mode - with single use access tickets given away in promotional packs.
tumblr_ngukrqZcFx1sqbsito1_500.gif

Rayme

As people keep pointing out in this thread: coliseum tickets are earned in-game, regardless of any promotions. Those promotions get you extra.

Top Bottom