• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I really like the ancient font they use for the Chinese characters in the opening, gives it that nice contrast that cyberpunk stories tend to do.

SPIDER TANKS, LITERALLY

Crocodile

Oh is this the one where that person gets trapped in the body of a big Tachikoma and tries to reunite with I think their kid or something?

Wait, are they not shortening this? Huh, guess the main show is short enough where they can keep the full OP.

Now to see how the ED gets cut.

I don't think the OP of Stand Alone Complex never got shorten during it's adult swim run. However I do believe the END credit were sped up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
.......I think I remember this episode? For some reason, this is one of the few that I can actually remember a decent amount.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh is this the one where that person gets trapped in the body of a big Tachikoma and tries to reunite with I think their kid or something?

You know, a bunch of people here are watching for the first time. Maybe blurting out the entire plot of the episode right off the top isn't the best idea?

Also, it's his parents.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So were the tachikomas like this in the movie, or were they given these voices in the anime?

It kind of seemed out of place they had those voices, like they were inserting the "cute mascot character for merchandise" trope.

Seda

I remember being confused when the Pazu centric episode shows up, because while he is present in the early eps, he barely says anything and I forgot about him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So were the tachikomas like this in the movie, or were they given these voices in the anime?

It kind of seemed out of place they had those voices, like they were inserting the "cute mascot character for merchandise" trope.

The Tachikomas don't appear in the movies.

Korigama

The original movie didn't have them. The PS1 game had Fuchikomas, which were red rather than blue, but otherwise sounded like this.

cntr

Banned

someone mentioned that they were invented for the anime, based on the author's pet spiders

that's probably why they have cute voices

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Last week was an exception since it was the first episode, which always gets full op & ed.

worked for the strike witches.

GITS has always gotten its full OP, in the 13 years or so it's been on Adult Swim. The bigger question will be if the ED gets shortened/cut entirely like it used to.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
someone mentioned that they were invented for the anime, based on the author's pet spiders

that's probably why they have cute voices

The Fuchikomas existed in the manga. They couldn't use them in the anime for copyright reasons, so they made slight changes to create the Tachikomas.

cntr

Banned
you know, Super and GitS are the only shows I know almost nothing about what's coming up

though I guess I don't really remember what's coming up in Kai, Unicorn, or HxH

edit: more fisheye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom