• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So the kid was a copy cat?

No, the kid was the original. Much of this episode was from the event 6 years ago. You could tell the difference between the two time periods because Serano had black hair during the flashback scenes and white hair in the present.

But the kid also wasn't responsible for most of the crimes committed by "the Laughing Man." That was a non-existent entity created by Secretary General Yakushima and his political allies to serve as a scapegoat for their white collar crime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No, the kid was the original. Much of this episode was from the event 6 years ago. You could tell the difference between the two time periods because Serano had black hair during the flashback scenes and white hair in the present.

The other way to look at it is that the kid isn't the Laughing Man at all. The real Laughing Man was the cabal of the Health Minister and his goons in the military who used this real kidnapping to extort money from everyone connected to the micro machines industry by making up another motive for this freedom fighter.

So the Laughing Man was never the Laughing Man. A copycat who created the original. A Stand Alone Complex.

amYxmbV_700b.jpg

Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 26 - A Chance Appears in a Tight Spot! Launch a Counteroffensive, Goku!
8:30 - Samurai Jack - 57 - XCVI
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 27 - The Earth Explodes?! A Decisive Kamehameha!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 126 - I Will Deal With the Majin! Vegeta's Final Mortal Combat!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 1 - A Man Possessed by an Evil Spirit
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul √A - 4 - Deeper Layers
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 60 - End × And × Beginning
2:00 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 6 - Venice of the Dead
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 167 - Planetary Devastation
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 24 - ANNIHILATION
3:30 - Samurai Jack - 57 - XCVI

Later.

Nice to just have to bold consecutive rows again

shit, I really need to catch up now

The AoT dub was aiight this time imo

Xe4

Banned
I wonder when they're going to fit in AoT S3 (assuming they get it, which they probably will). If we assume a March 2018 release, that'll mean Jojo won't be over, and both Lupin and IBO S2 will have been over for a month or two. Obviously there'll be some wiggle room for how quickly after the subbed version it comes out, but I don't see an open date until June-ish.

Hmmm.

Moaradin

I wonder when they're going to fit in AoT S3 (assuming they get it, which they probably will). If we assume a March 2018 release, that'll mean Jojo won't be over, and both Lupin and IBO S2 will have been over for a month or two. Obviously there'll be some wiggle room for how quickly after the subbed version it comes out, but I don't see an open date until June-ish.

Hmmm.

If they were really desperate to get it, they could always double up on episodes or show a rerun. They've done that before.

Raxus

My tiredness is maximum.

Good nights.

Great shipping theme.

Goku x Freeza
Buu x Cookies
Mikasa x Eren x Anger Management as well as Ymir x Historia
Tokyo Ghoul x Terribleness
Chains x Kurapika
Fujiko x money
Naruto x Hinata OTP

And last but not least ToonamiGAF x JoJo (also OTP)

cntr

Banned
Dump Sasuke and Sakura, and put Rock Lee and Hinata on Naruto's team. And then make Gaara the rival-turned-friend and Neji the actual asshole rival.
And make Kishimoto a better writer.

There, Naruto becomes a better series.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think joining the villains was part of Pierrot's plan to market to the Shonen demo.
"Now we could have Kaneki overcome his brutal torture with character moments... or we could have him go full emo and turn heel. I'm sure the kids will love it!"

It can work. Seems like they are already recording the
Chimera Ant
arc now.
What seriously...fuck...they should just double up on it then and kick Tokyo Ghoul to the fucking curb. I need to see this group react to some shit in that arc cuz it's totally for kids.

Hmmm.

Taking Holiday Marathons into account, Lupin should hypothetically be ending it's run in December. Replace it with mob Psycho 100 and that will end around the perfect sweet spot for Season 3.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets bombed hard, bringing in 17 million over the weekend with a 180 million budget.

"Insert Mild Shock gif here"

cntr

Banned
Huh, guess they did this Shippuden episode decently, based on that gif.

I hope Mob Psycho 100 would replace Tokyo Ghoul
Iron-Blooded Orphans S2's already confirmed as TG's replacement, but I'd be really surprised if Mob didn't replace Lupin.

Grexeno

Yeah there's no way G Gundam would ever air earlier than 3.

I kinda think we're done with Gundam outside of G once IBO is done though.

cntr

Banned
Yeah I mean, assuming some time slot moves or something.

I really wanted them to get Yamato 2199, but Demarco said on Twitter they tried really hard and couldn't.

...would be nice to get a Getter Robo or Mazinger Z.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah there's no way G Gundam would ever air earlier than 3.

I kinda think we're done with Gundam outside of G once IBO is done though.

Wing. Wing is way more likely to happen seeing as it is the only really successful Gundam show in the US and has a Blu Ray coming.

Seda

Apparently Chris Ayres's health problems were affecting him even for Super, so Funimation had Daman Mills do some of Freeza's lines for last nights episode.

Ah. He sounded pretty different for certain lines and I was wondering if Chris's health was affecting his performance. Turns out it was a different voice altogether.

Even so, that's a decent imitation.

Morlas

Ah. He sounded pretty different for certain lines and I was wondering if Chris's health was affecting his performance. Turns out it was a different voice altogether.

Even so, that's a decent imitation.

i wasn't able to tell because of the glitching that was going on

cntr

Banned
Yeah I think once he gets the practice in, Mills would be a good Frieza.

The whole situation still sucks, though. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom