• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik317

man thats one hell of an opening episode.

next week will be all new for me. never was able to consistently catch this show back in the day.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
On the other hand, the 1st ED of Outlaw Star was the very first one to play out in full on American television unaltered.

Korigama

I love how it's shot for shot the same fucking thing from Firefly.

For the record, regarding the whole "space western where the lead finds a girl in a box in cryosleep" thing:

Outlaw Star: 1998
Firefly: 2002

Shot-for-shot, it was Firefly that was the same thing from Outlaw Star.
Yeah I gathered a bit more about OS without completely spoiling myself way back when I heard comparisons, so I knew they were quite a bit different with OS being more fantasy and Bebop being more grounded to reality in comparison.

This was just what I heard randomly a long, long time ago.
It was definitely best not to spoil too much. You're in for a fun ride.

Shame they cut the ED.

cntr

Banned
Okay, I'm officially into this show.

A 90s-ass seinen show that with wacky tech, aliens, cyborgs, Chinese magic, and westerns, crazy punching spaceships, space fighters, and a bunch of other shit? You don't get bizzaro mashups like that nowadays.

I love it.

Great start far as Outlaw Star goes since I have never watched it before and I'm loving it. I'm feeling the urge to buy the complete series on Blu-Ray even more now...

Night, everyone! See you later!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Firefly looks derivative as hell when you realize that Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and Trigun all came out four years previous.

For the record, regarding the whole "space western where the lead finds a girl in a box in cryosleep" thing:

It was definitely best not to spoil too much. You're in for a fun ride.

Shame they cut the ED.

Yeah, I knew I would watch it eventually, so I never spoiled myself. I'm definitely strapped in for the ride.

ckohler

I'm intrigued in Outlaw Star. That 90s anime flavor is nostalgic as hell. Also, it's kinda neat to see such an old anime I haven't seen and have no idea where the plot will lead.

cntr

Banned
Also, to be honest, I like Outlaw Star's aesthetic, setting, and style so much that I think I'll probably like even the bad episodes. Was the same way with Stand Alone Complex.

Fun night. Later.

Xe4

Banned

Yeah, I should've specified Firefly aped Outlaw Star in that shot and not the other way around.

cntr

Banned
...I wonder how tedious it would be to count how many people are posting for each show and figure out the ToonamiGAF 'ratings'.

also whether that would come off as really serial killery or not

cntr

Banned
To be fair, I got the impression that Connie figured it out almost immediately, he just didn't want to admit it to himself because it's kind of fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom