• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'll keep up with the DVDs. Have a lot to catch up on.
But yeah I'll keep it rolling. The manga has been so good lately.

This Power Rangers RPM is like Terminator X Mad Max so far. o_O

RPM so good. Why Saban won't follow that tone now I don't know. I don't mean "kill everyone" but having darker stories and more interesting characters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still can't believe nobody figured out I already read ahead of One Piece after all these years.

Granted, I still technically told the truth of the fact I haven't seen the OP anime. But I guess my whole "act like a new viewer" attitude I have with shows I've already seen seems to work rather well since I believe in ensuring first time viewers have the freshest impressions....which has been super hard to do with Jojo.

How far is the OP anime into compared to the manga?

BatDan

I still can't believe nobody figured out I already read ahead of One Piece after all these years.

Granted, I still technically told the truth of the fact I haven't seen the OP anime. But I guess my whole "act like a new viewer" attitude I have with shows I've already seen seems to work rather well since I believe in ensuring first time viewers have the freshest impressions....which has been super hard to do with Jojo.

They just finished
Zou and are currently in a short filler arc before heading to Whole Cake Island

cntr

Banned
The last time I watched the One Piece anime was as a kid.

Otherwise, I've been caught up and reading the manga since...the middle of Thriller Bark, I think?

I'm only like one of 3 people on GAF that watches One Piece but doesn't read the manga. Makes it frustrating trying to start conversations in the anime thread. I do pop in the manga thread Tuesday nights to see what happened in the manga so I generally know what's coming.

BatDan

Been reading since 2003!

Holy shit, Skypiea was running in that time. It's been so long.

Ray Down

Banned

The anime just finished up Zou and is now in a filler arc(short) before WCI.

cntr

Banned
The post-timeskip arcs have been a bit "eh" for me since the week-to-week manga pacing got a lot worse, but it's been picking up again lately

cntr

Banned
toonami showdown stuff:

from what I know, Pierrot's Baby Steps adaptation had really terrible animation and art. But unlike Tokyo Ghoul, they didn't muck around with the writing and dialogue, so it wasn't awful? But still, eh.

I'm only like one of 3 people on GAF that watches One Piece but doesn't read the manga. Makes it frustrating trying to start conversations in the anime thread. I do pop in the manga thread Tuesday nights to see what happened in the manga so I generally know what's coming.

..Make that 4?

Idk I've been wanting to read it instead much more, lately

That "One Pace" project though still has my interest piqued

Chase17

toonami showdown stuff:

from what I know, Pierrot's Baby Steps adaptation had really terrible animation and art. But unlike Tokyo Ghoul, they didn't muck around with the writing and dialogue, so it wasn't awful? But still, eh.
I've only watched the first season of Baby Steps so far but thought it was really good. The second season is supposed to have some anime only plot points but I think they had the creator make them, so maybe things fall apart there lol

The animation isn't special but seemed alright to me. Certainly a show carried by its source material.

cntr

Banned
I've heard really good things about Baby Steps, so I'll probably start reading it sometime.

And hey, it did what literally no other shounen has ever achieved,
let the main couple start dating before the ending
, so that's a pretty big sell!

cntr

Banned
so a friend of mine is in Japan, and...

17521766_101585504903b4uwx.jpg

17500283_101585504903glu58.jpg
...this is how they're advertising the new Yu-Gi-Oh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
IT'S TIME...TO D-D-D-D-D-DEAL WITH OUR QUARTERLY SALES & PROJECTIONS FOR THE FISCAL YEAR!

Also omg the idea of SAO but with Jojo's Italian accents sounds hilarious. Do that instead of talking about Shippuden. Just do the infamous scenes from SAO like JYB being "ASUDA-SAN!"

cntr

Banned
there's actually have like, 30 different kinds of ads of people doing stuff with the Yugi hair, but they couldn't take more than two photos since it's a busy subway

zulux21

I sort of read the manga sort of don't.

I mean the manga isn't that far ahead of the anime that it is a huge wait to see it get animated. in general I just binge the anime in chunks from time to time... one piece's pacing in anime or manga form during the dessarosa arc got so bad I just couldn't stay motivated to read each week.

toonami showdown stuff:

I really liked baby steps despite the art/animation.
still find it to be a much more enjoyable show than the vollyball one (haikyuu)
both are way better than the anime version of tokyo ghoul though.

toonami showdown stuff:

As long as you can ignore the sex dolls that fill up the audience during the matches you'll be fine....

cntr

Banned
I haven't watched Ping Ping (though I will eventually 'cause wow), but yeah I never got the impression that it was about ping ping the same way a normal sports series is

Ping Pong isn't much about the actual sport tho.
It is an incredible series but I don't think of it as sports anime.

What? It totally is about the sport. Just because it's a heartwarming tale of friendship doesn't make it less about ping pong. What are the qualities of a sports anime in your opinion?

Puruzi

Banned
What? It totally is about the sport. Just because it's a heartwarming tale of friendship doesn't make it less about ping pong. What are the qualities of a sports anime in your opinion?
Ping Pong imo uses the the sport as a device to tell some of the story when shows like Haikyuu or Yowamushi Pedal are just straight up about them doing the actual sport as the main focus

Soulflarz

Banned
With the death of OP, I might...er
Be done with toonami for awhile
:/
Don't wanna leave the group but HxH (and rewatching jojo i guess) can't justify me just watching it on the side instead of slotting out my saturday.

cntr

Banned
I'm going to spend the 30 minutes of Tokyo Ghoul reading the Tokyo Ghoul manga instead, since I figure watching a trash adaptation is a pretty bad way to get introduced to a series

At least Tokyo Ghoul should provide for a decent hatewatch, we haven't had one of those in some time.
You know, it's kinda funny that a bad adaptation of a good manga is being replaced by a different bad adaptation of a good manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom