• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

If I had to eat a pile a garbage once unicorn ended I'd rather it be High School of the Dead or Keijo!!!!! if anything. At least I know that is fun garbage.

I hear Handshakers is a wonderful mess as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
where's my hollywood adaptation of keijo

But yes, those two fall under the "fun" kind of stupid. Keijo is a fine line between "we're taking this seriously" & "we know this is silly" that usually succeeds, just for the silly panels of how opponents get defeated. HSotD is basically an anime version of a cheesy '80s horror action film.

Morlas

giphy.gif

Let's fight with style guys...what??

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Reading that it does look like Stardust Crsuaders dub is ready to go. Perhaps Mob Psycho 100 replaces Samurai Jack then?

Looks like Stardust Crusaders may get its Toonami dub premiere right after Battle Tendency.
The pacing is slow in the beginning but SDC is still good, has some great moments. Actually pace wise I find it to be the worst, should honestly be aired as a 1 hour block cause one ep a week is a grind.

cntr

Banned
It has been said in the sacred tomes that are these threads, that watching total garbage lets you appreciate the good stuff more.

And there's not much that's more garbage than Cross Ange.

I need to rewatch claymore and then sit down and read it.
it's still a shame we never got a second season :(
Madhouse didn't want to do another one so they did an anime original ending which was fanfic shit. I also hate how they didn't want to do another Gunslinger Girl season.

Raxus

Aside from JoJo animated announcements I really hope they bring the rest of the manga over here as well. I really want to read me some DiU.

zulux21

Is it Soul Eater bad

but soul eater's anime original ending really isn't all that bad.

that being said while the details are fuzzy in my mind, I am pretty sure the claymore ending doesn't make any sense at all.

even as someone who didn't read the manga it was clear that they were following the manga and then just looked at the episode count and went... SHIT! and made crap up quickly lol.

Line_HTX

Yes. I can't find the page, but when that episode aired, everyone lost their minds, that somehow Satan was made into a sympathetic figure from various flashbacks.

I believe it was late summer 2015, in August IIRC.

caliph95

only the first 19 eps or so of blue exorcist are cannon, the second season actually outright ignores the last so many eps because they were anime original.
How is it compared to manga because honestly the first season was ok for me but i wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't dub and made for good distraction while i was grinding

How is it compared to manga because honestly the first season was ok for me but i wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't dub and made for good distraction while i was grinding

Waiting for the dub to watch the anime, but in the manga where the deviation point was in season 1 was where I felt the manga really hit it's stride.

Seda

I only know about since the podcast mentions "good guy satan" every so often

yeah "good guy Satan" and "beat the shit out of Satan" (the second one is actually a line from the dub) kinda became in-thread memes, which work well when we have now two shows with a Mr. Satan.

Whoops, I'm home sick with the flu and figured you were talking about Soul Eater.
Makes sense. I didn't mind the Soul Eater ending, though beating the incarnation of evil with a friendship pawnch is stupid. The Claymore ending legit pissed me off though, especially when I started reading the manga after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom