• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...I was coming in here to make a Jojo is replaced by this but someone beat me with a much funnier premise.

Anyways Valvrave still doesn't have a dub as far as I can remember.

...I was coming in here to make a Jojo is replaced by this but someone beat me with a much funnier premise.

Anyways Valvrave still doesn't have a dub as far as I can remember.
99 Berserk anime is still the best animated version of Berserk.
c6e.jpg

In Valvrave didn't the MC rape a girl?
All I remember is characters turning into dweeb ass space vampires.

I'm usually a guy who prefers anime to manga but Berserk is just something where you just gotta read it instead.
This is the legit ass truth. I also say that people should read Berserk first. After that you're free to watch it in any form and order you want, but in order to get the pure rarified undiluted experience you have to read the manga.

Ray Down

Banned
All I know about Valverave I heard it came across as a half ass try to get another Code Geass.

Even got another female mangaka to do character designs with Katsura Hoshino.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is the legit ass truth. I also say that people should read Berserk first. After that you're free to watch it in any form and order you want, but in order to get the pure rarified undiluted experience you have to read the manga.

Yup. It doesn't help that there hasn't been a single solid adaptation of the entire series.

Yup. It doesn't help that there hasn't been a single solid adaptation of the entire series.
I'm so annoyed that the current anime is dog shit, at least the manga is still good. I know they dubbed the new one, but...I just don't want to do it to myself. Without the group watch teasing of it during the OT thread I'd be like:
460.gif

The first Berserk anime didn't have a lot of animation talent behind it, but the art was great, and I think it captured the spirit of the series better than any other adaptation.
Yeah, the world of Berserk is grim dark as fuck. It's not really supposed to be super polished and pristine looking.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

I feel like the only way to do Berserk justice is a live-action series on HBO a/la Game of Thrones.

I did see someone on Twitter say that Samurai Jack Season 5 is a better Berserk adaptation than the current anime, and that's saying something.

I feel like the only way to do Berserk justice is a live-action series on HBO a/la Game of Thrones.

I did see someone on Twitter say that Samurai Jack Season 5 is a better Berserk adaptation than the current anime, and that's saying something.
How do you find a man sexy enough to play Griffith though? You'd have to grow him in a tube.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Berserk is too real for the HBO treatment. Like, episode one would have everyone freaking out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not to mention it's more graphic and violent towards women than GOT seems to be. "What! What are those trolls doing!? CANCEL IT!!!"

Modern Berserk, everything after the Golden Age arc, would be fine, but everything before it? Nah son, that shit would never fly.

Modern Berserk, everything after the Golden Age arc, would be fine, but everything before it? Nah son, that shit would never fly.
It'll have to be stuff from after rape horse probably onward, though that's still Troll arc territory. They'd really have to cherry pick the starting point and just exposition dump what the fuck even happened to Guts and Casca and where Puck came from and...just how messed up Farnese is and not even touch the Mozgus arc "sin is sin" and what not.

Tenumi

Banned
I remember that night was the first time I really stayed up to watch on a Saturday. Before, I pretty much just caught Bleach and skipped the rest.

Boy, has my life changed since then....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember telling my friends toonami was back, but then they were all "LOL wut's this deadman wonderland show, looks edgy as hell, not watching, can't believe toonami came back for THIS, couldn't even make it 5 minutes"

also, the joke will be that they bring One Piece back for one final marathon.........but it's the 4kids version.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'll be honest I didn't much care about Toonami until like last year even though I used to watch it all the time when it was an after school time slot way back in the day. Then again my Saturday nights used to be a lot more interesting lol Well I can stare at 2B's ass tomorrow until the anime starts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's nothing but 52 episodes of Goku channeling Phoenix Wright & questioning all the bullshit logic & decisions made throughout the series, with Vegeta channeling Edgeworth.

"FOOLISH KAKAROT, IF YOU WERE ABLE TO TELEPORT YOURSELF WITH CELL, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELEPORT BACK TO EARTH TO SAVE YOUR LIFE SO I COULD ONE DAY FIGHT YOU?!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part 1 seems to be hitting in July. Sounds like they'll release Part 1 & 2 separately at first, then that LE combining the two.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
yes

buu survives the buu arc

i know, such a critical spoiler, but unlike cell or frieza, goku doesn't engulf his opponent in a giant energy blast that evaporates them into dust

zulux21

yes

buu survives the buu arc

i know, such a critical spoiler, but unlike cell or frieza, goku doesn't engulf his opponent in a giant energy blast that evaporates them into dust

hmmmm
dbz spoilers I guess. most of it could be out of spoilers but alas I think it spoils stuff if they aren't spoilered as they imply things lol.
not sure if serious or not.
as goku does actually engulf buu in a giant energy blast and evaporate him into dust... in fact that is the only one that is true for.

Frieza goku doesn't kill, his giant energy blast fails and trunks eventually kills him.
Cell goku is already dead, it's gohan that kills him with a giant energy blast.

buu is like the only villain in the series the spirit bomb actually works on lol.
it's just that the good part of buu was separated out before hand and that is what survives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom