• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
CIMG1515.jpg
wat.

caliph95

I've heard that the manga's pretty fun, but the first season went into that "good guy Satan" anime original nonsense just before reaching the bit where the manga got good.
I didn't even finish the anime, how did it handle that and it seems contradictory when we've been and seen him act like an asshole and kill people.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The anime felt very "average", like a gateway shonen you'd discover as a teen who is still new to the anime scene. But there was some great humor/slice of life & the final episodes (which didn't follow the manga) were enjoyably stupid.

"What are you gonna do, kill me with your tits?!"

bigkrev

So I saw Ghost in the Shell tonight. I also saw the original Ghost in the Shell in a theater in February.

I liked the live action one better.
but didn't love either movie

ckohler

Blue Exorcist's lighthearted, slice-of-life stuff was pretty entertaining. Its serious stuff was either boring or laugh-out-loud bad ("good guy Satan" for example).

cntr

Banned
I guess from now on I'll go ahead and assume that most manga counterparts to an anime are goofier than said anime lets on

I'm watching Stand Alone Complex for the first time, but I've always gotten the impression that it's a lot more tonally coherent than the manga was.

Otherwise ime, if it's not just a bad adaptation, the only big change I notice is that anime tend to drop minor dialogue and jokes since that's harder to fit into spoken dialogue instead of written text.

Thanks to the Naruto WIki, I know that Naruto is also a tad more humorous in its manga.

I'm thinking that this is somewhat dependent on the anime studio adapting whichever source material of a series, episode-count aside

Also it appears I let my oven preheat for ~40 extra minutes!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At least you didn't let your food sit in the oven to cook for an extra 40 minutes.

Also, Jarate, I'm past the halfway point in the "3rd beta" of your podcast, & I'll say this.

3rd beta sounds like a legit attempt to make a "let's just shoot the shit" podcast that has a focus. The "final beta" sounded like some guys who were just fooling around while they were on Xbox Live or Steam. I enjoyed listening to the 3rd beta more than the final one.

I like the original Ghost in the Shell a lot but I find its ultimate conclusion to be frustrating sci-fi nonsense that takes the easy way out on a lot of existential questions with something that has no application to our own world.

Morlas

Hey guys i'd like to remind you guys of the greatest villain in modern toonami history

tumblr_nbo5ufrdui1tvt8blo2_250.gif

It still hurts.....

edit: oh wow i'm a member already

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh yeah. Tomorrow's Toonami begins on April 1st.

Oh shit you're right. Makes me wonder what they'll do.
Maybe TOM 4 will come back from the dead?
Or Miguzi.

Or they could be like last year and not do anything at all.

Sadly I'll have to miss Jack again as work wants me until 10 (Central Time). Next week I should be fine.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit you're right. Makes me wonder what they'll do.
Maybe TOM 4 will come back from the dead?
Or Miguzi.

Or they could be like last year and not do anything at all.

Sadly I'll have to miss Jack again as work wants me until 10 (Central Time). Next week I should be fine.

Adult Swim's April Fools prank will much more likely be tonight, not during Toonami. They almost always do the prank on the night of March 31->April 1.

See also: www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468632
Which, by the way, is exactly five years ago tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom