• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
The main issue with S5 for me is that Jack and Ashi's character arcs just kind of...happened.

Oh, they're finally using the English version of OP? Yeah, it's done by the same singer.

lol of course this is Freeza's version of hell

They couldn't tighten it up more if they tried, they had only 10 episodes

I disagree with that. There were definitely parts in some of the episodes before that had a lot of needless scenes, meandering parts, and stuff that was drawn out that could have been used better.

The one with Jack and Ashi fighting the leach monster for instance. I don't mind having an episode made to get the two of them to fall in love but I feel the background thing that they dealt with could also have been something more important.

Or the episode where Jack got his sword back. Ashi fighting the army, while it was cool, could have been subverted to build up her mom reappearing and focused more on the Inner Jack's demise a bit.

Stuff like that.

10 episodes was fine but they didn't use the time as wisely as they should have in some bits.

Still, very good final season. I liked it a lot.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He's not alive. He's literally in Hell.
.........but I'm pretty sure hell didn't look like that when Goku went there after falling off Snake Road.

Also, when was this established this place was hell? Also where's cell? & Garlic Jr.? & Piccolo's Dad? & Hitler?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I feel like it said what needed to be said with the time it had.

Ashi's line of "without Aku, I wouldn't exist" applies to... everything he went through. He never had the adversity to grow into the warrior he becomes, and the cultures and people who were influenced by him never raise.

And then Jack sits under a Sakura, which only blooms briefly, and is often used to signify the fleeting live of a warrior. Is this the shows subtle way to say his life is once again placed on a normal mortality track? If he lives on, he can find another Ashi, or at least someone like her. If he dies naturally now, at least he'll get to see her, and finally get the rest he deserves.

I wouldn't have minded the show being longer, but that's more because... I'd like it to continue. Being a little fast and leaving imagery to illustrate, rather than words and plots, feels very SamJack, at it's core. I'm glad to finally see the Chapter closed, though I'll probably miss the world, and the possibilities that could take place in it, more than Jack itself. I'd love to see more set there, and how a world works without Aku.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Because Frieza's appearance in the Buu arc isn't canon.

Which will be weird if it shows up in Kai.

No I know but like

If I lost an arm

And I got some automail in its place

I'd expect to still have my actual arm in the afterlife

cntr

Banned
Still haven't watched last week's DBS and AoT.

...guess I'll watch AoT during Kai? And DBS during...Tokyo Ghoul or something, I guess.

Korigama

Jack will age like normal now right, so what if a new evil much greater than Aku appears

Changing stuff in the past can create a much worse future than what is already happening.

Time travel is a messy thing.

Anyone who watches The Flash can confirm as much, lol.
Or plays/watches Steins;Gate (still only five chapters in with none of the six endings myself, but it's been a very effective argument for why time is not a toy).

I disagree with that. There were definitely parts in some of the episodes before that had a lot of needless scenes, meandering parts, and stuff that was drawn out that could have been used better.

The one with Jack and Ashi fighting the leach monster for instance. I don't mind having an episode made to get the two of them to fall in love but I feel the background thing that they dealt with could also have been something more important.

Or the episode where Jack got his sword back. Ashi fighting the army, while it was cool, could have been subverted to build up her mom reappearing and focused more on the Inner Jack's demise a bit.

Stuff like that.

10 episodes was fine but they didn't use the time wisely as much as they should have.

Still, very good final season. I liked it a lot.

I gotta agree. A few more minutes could have been dedicated to Jack and Aku's final fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom