• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I never asked but I'm curious. When they adapted the two movies to a series, did they just split it up Futurama-style or did they go back and reanimate the entire thing?

Since I'm expecting the latter, why?

Moaradin

I never asked but I'm curious. When they adapted the two movies to a series, did they just split it up Futurama-style or did they go back and reanimate the entire thing?

They reanimated the entire thing. Why? Not so sure. The show had practically no pre-production, so that could be a reason.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

They not only did the latter, but they added new moments.

The "real" Super begins Episode 28.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The fact the Z fighters don't have one of the Dragon Balls on lockdown at all times is like, Super!Goku-levels stupidity.

Which fits I suppose.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Poorly reanimated it because they messed up pre production, this will be some of the worse animation in super to date until the next arc where it gets pretty decent

Everything was reanimated and was retold to stall for time since Toei rushed Super out of the gate and didn't give it proper production time.

cntr

Banned

believe it or not, production was so rushed that it was faster to reanimate it than to try and recut and reuse the movie footage

Toad.T

Banned

To buy some time. The first scenes shown in the first trailer for the series don't come untill ep.28.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
well, at least pilaf + slaves feel like they have an actual purpose this time around compared to the previous arc.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They reanimated the entire thing. Why? Not so sure. The show had practically no pre-production, so that could be a reason.

They not only did the latter, but they added new moments.

The "real" Super begins Episode 28.

But if they had no pre-production, they could have saved like a bajillion yen and manhours not reanimating something in a far more shoddy way, and gotten some fan goodwill back in the process.

C'est la vie...

No they did it because of how short of a fucking time they were given to even manuscript the series. So they used the two movies as buffer for time to actually create Super.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
believe it or not, production was so rushed that it was faster to reanimate it than to try and recut and reuse the movie footage

I

I...

I don't understand. How.

How is reanimating something from scratch less time consuming than going into fucking Premiere Pro and chopping a video file up into like ten pieces.

HOW

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn it, the more I hear about FE Echoes, the more it sounds like it might actually be up my alley, despite the fact I sold my LE. Oh well, maybe Amazon will have some left that I can order with Prime.

cntr

Banned
It's kind of weird to see a gun in the Dragonball series. It feels out of place.
Guns were used all the time in the OG Dragonball. Well, Goku was immune so it didn't really matter, but they were.

Mai in particular was a heavy gun user in the original series.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The Dragon Balls are for the people of the planet. It's not the group's to hoard.

Fuck that.

Seriously.

Have people submit a fucking form or something, or pray to Kami or whatever.

Imagine if Hitler got the Dragon Balls.

Do you want that?

What stupidly powerful wishes could the good people of Earth wish for that the Z fighters can't take care of in 10 seconds?

Zolo

It's kind of weird to see a gun in the Dragonball series. It feels out of place.

bulmapointinggun.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom