• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

The Super/Kai hour thing will only be slightly weird for another year or so, and after that Super could go on for who knows how long. Definitely would have been dumb to wait to air it considering how long it took to get a dub going anyway.

Raxus

I always figured MHA Seasons 1 and 2 would air some time next year or towards the end of the year. Requests are going to go through the roof over the next few weeks since we are getting to two stellar fights.

OH GOD NO NOT THUNDERBOLT.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, what if Fairy Tail replaced DBZ Kai.
oh god nooooooooooo

sounds like for older shows that're getting remasters, they might appear if the distributor is willing to work with them & there's demand. EVERYONE DEMAND G-GUNDAM

lol people still thinking Panty & Stocking still might have a chance. They'd have to censor over 350 fucks in the span of 12 episodes, that's a lot harder work compared to Black Lagoon.

There we go, Zelda review confirmed for this weekend.

Seda

Fairy Tail could replace DBZ Kai, but I doubt it'd be the 12AM show. Would probably slide next to HxH mid-block, maybe eventually hoping to be a consistent long-runner at the end of the block.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It is either Fairy Tail or Borito and I hope to god it is Borito.
Darkest timeline: we'll get both

IGPX didn't seem to do as well as they wanted, including "giant robot week" which did even worse.

They're kind of surprised OPM did better than they expected since they figured most people already had seen it.

Genndy was the one who wanted to make 10 episodes of Jack.

As a whole Fairy Tail (both manga and anime) had only 1 decent arc, outside of that each arc has somehow managed to be even more horrendous then the previous. I have more positive things to say about fricking Bleach then FT (3 is > than 2 so it holds true!), and I loath that manga to death. Like Shard said, give us Burrito instead if we are forced to either get that or FT in the block.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fairy Fail is 277 episodes. Fuck that.

Once the manga ends I want that shit to never get brought up again. Only 9 more chapters.

What's weird is that despite the anime ending, there's still OVAs and movies. The former including that awful Christmas chapter where Mashima exploits every possible fetish.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess Anime Expo will announce the AoT2 replacement since it's July 1st to 4th and AoT ends July 15th.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Has Toonami announced that they are going to Anime Expo?
I'd assume so, considering last year, they announced OPM & Intruder 3. Though I haven't heard anything yet.

LOL "so was TOM 4 part of the reason why toonami got cancelled"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yay, we should get FLCL2 info "in the next few months", sounds like something that could make for an Anime Expo announcement, assuming they return.

& looks like the stream doesn't get Lupin. Eeh, I'd rather watch it with you guys for the first time.

Doesn't sound like FLCL2 is coming out this year.
Yeah, at this rate, I'm betting mid-2018 now. At the very least, it sounds like they're putting in a lot of time & effort to ensure it turns out good.

Raxus

It's still pretty early on, but I'm actually enjoying Boruto quite a bit. It's also much better looking than Naruto so far.

It also helps a lot it is in a DB Super situation where they don't have to worry too much about the manga and just do their own thing.

FT I think is fairly solid from the Galuna Arc through to the Edolas arc with the tower of heaven arc being legit very good. Past that is when the series flaws really start to become a lot more glaring since the series has to start retconning characters back stories to make them MORE complicated with progressively worse dividends.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It also helps a lot it is in a DB Super situation where they don't have to worry too much about the manga and just do their own thing.

Are they just going to be ignoring the manga? If so that'll mean it gets to keep good pacing. If they're going to be adapting it then the pacing will die and fast given it's a monthly series.

FT I think is fairly solid from the Galuna Arc through to the Edolas arc with the tower of heaven arc being legit very good. Past that is when the series flaws really start to become a lot more glaring since the series has to start retconning characters back stories to make them MORE complicated with progressively worse dividends.

I basically quit FT after, I think, the third arc.

Moaradin

I probably wouldn't even hate Fairy Tail that much. I enjoy shonen, even basic ass ones like Seven Deadly Sins. I just don't want another long-runner on Toonami.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I probably wouldn't even hate Fairy Tail that much. I enjoy shonen, even basic ass ones like Seven Deadly Sins. I just don't want another long-runner on Toonami.

The current running logic is that a long runner is going to replace a long runner since given One Piece cancellation there is clearly no more room any more.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
277 episodes basically equates to over 5 years, which would more likely be 6 when you factor in all the marathons/holidays.

Yeah, I don't need another show that long on the block. Let me discover more shorter shows compared to less longer shows.

Raxus

Are they just going to be ignoring the manga? If so that'll mean it gets to keep good pacing. If they're going to be adapting it then the pacing will die and fast given it's a monthly series.

Considering they have one measly arc to work with I think it is the only option they have. They will likely just work with the powersets given to them, adapt the first arc and do their own thing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The current running logic is that a long runner is going to replace a long runner since given One Piece cancellation there is clearly no more room any more.

Can we something awesome instead?

Considering they have one measly arc to work with I think it is the only option they have. They will likely just work with the powersets given to them, adapt the first arc and do their own thing.

If they just go off and do their own thing then the show's got a chance, so long as they hired new writers because if it's the same dudes that wrote those Naruto filler arcs...

Xe4

Banned
I never watched FT, but I heard the beginning was pretty good. I don't know if I'd want to watch the whole thing though. I'd be cool with it replacing Kai, and moving AoT up one, at least for the time being. Maybe replace it after it starts to get bad?

I would actually prefer to keep more long running shows off the block.

Allows for more shows, and I know most people here won't like Fairy Tail.

Moaradin

Yeah, my hope is that we get another slot for shorter shows after Kai ends, but in reality it will probably be replaced by another long-runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom