• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase17

Are they just going to be ignoring the manga? If so that'll mean it gets to keep good pacing. If they're going to be adapting it then the pacing will die and fast given it's a monthly series.

It looks like it's going to be a good while before they even get to where the manga starts/the movie.

Moaradin

The Boruto anime is completely unrelated to the manga right now. It has recurring characters and important plot threads that aren't even mentioned in the manga. The only similarity is the opening scene.

It's most likely going to be another Dragon Ball Super situation, where the manga is more of a glorified promotion for the anime.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I remain convinced that the reason we have been spared Fairy Tail for so long is because Dragonball Z came onto the market.

I will say, I feel like with Fairy Tail, if they really wanted to air it on the block, it would've been added by now. Especially since there was a time where both DBZ Kai and Naruto Shippuden's licensing weren't available for them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
did they confirm fairy tail or is this just people speculating
It once again made it into the top requested shows at the moment, along with Jojo, My Hero Academia, freakin' DB Super (I don't know why), & no real #5 since it just becomes a 40-way tie.

If Fairy Tail gets a slot before Hunter X Hunter someone is going to get lynched

UUL1T9x.gif

I don't think Fairy Tail ever happens without Hunter x Hunter or Naruto leaving

like, by the time Hunter x Hunter alone runs its course that show is gonna be old as fuck

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How the hell did FT zombie its way back on the list?!?

I'm not complaining, just impressed!

FT because of its mediocrity ends up being better than both Naruto and Bleach, Nowhere near the highs but also nowhere near the depths either.

It's long, to be sure, but not impossibly long like One Piece/Bleach/Naruto.

It's got a first rate dub. Better than Bleach or Naruto, a little bit worse than One Piece.

At this point, DeMarco and Co. need to stop listening to fan requests for shows.
The last few requested shows that made it on the block haven't done very well in ratings.

Fairy Tail has a good chance to have another anime season announced since the manga is ending in less then 10 chapters. After the last season ended (went through all but the final arc) they did another film which was fairly successful. Final arc is long enough that it could still be relevant around the time dbz kai ends on the block.

At this point, DeMarco and Co. need to stop listening to fan requests for shows.
The last few requested shows that made it on the block haven't done very well in ratings.

Dbz Kai, super, and opm haven't done well?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fairy Tail has a good chance to have another anime season announced since the manga is ending in less then 10 chapters. After the last season ended (went through all but the final arc) they did another film which was fairly successful. Final arc is long enough that it could still be relevant around the time dbz kai ends on the block.

They definitely planned on doing it after the last stop and restart worked out pretty well.

Moaradin

Well, I'm glad My Hero Academia seems to be the front-runner out of those shows. No idea what happened to Mob Psycho. Hopefully it's a done deal or they just forgot about it.

Well, I'm glad My Hero Academia seems to be the front-runner out of those shows. No idea what happened to Mob Psycho. Hopefully it's a done deal or they just forgot about it.

Probably a done deal, or perhaps it's popularity has sank like a rock once it stopped airing in Japan. Considering they did that poll of what shows you'd like to see and all of them sans mob have shown up I'll lean on done deal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I suppose is doesn't matter given that the Twitter poll they did seems to be the real clincher given that two of those shows were secured and Mob Psycho 100 won that one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fairy Tale? Fuck I think I'd rather watch Tokyo Ghoul repeated for 5 years.

Good lord no. Tokyo Ghoul is a new low point, the worst show that I'd only put ahead of AGK/Beware the Batman/Tenchi Muyo GXP. It's the line. Might end up below AGK at this rate because they killed the only interesting character and we're not even 1/3rd of the way through.

No lie. I would probably stop watching Toonami (or just tune out early) if they ever acquired Fairy Tail.

And Tokyo Ghoul's lackluster anime is the lesser of two evils.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I just want Mob Psycho 100 so more people can be introduced to the greatest con man with a heart of gold, Reigen!

f7fc073a438cdbba4d74dde983d8044ab72ee86e_hq.gif

Has anyone seen Alien: Covenant? I spoiled myself on it, and now feel no desire to see it at all.

I feel like it suffers from the same problem I had with Rogue One, but even worse. From "Do you wanna know how the rebellion got the death star plans?" to
"Do you wanna know the complete origins of the xenomorphs?"
While telling us the former is just eh, who cares, telling us the latter actively takes away from previous movies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Crazy monster murder cop being killed was like Bro dying in Akame Ga Kill! You could just feel that they'd never find anyone half as cool to replace him.

Has anyone seen Alien: Covenant? I spoiled myself on it, and now feel no desire to see it at all.

I feel like it suffers from the same problem I had with Rogue One, but even worse. From "Do you wanna know how the rebellion got the death star plans?" to
While telling us the former is just eh, who cares, telling us the latter actively takes away from previous movies.

it's not very good

kinda preferred Prometheus tbh for at least variety's sake

HStallion

Ridley Scott seems to have totally forgotten what he knew when he was younger and that was to show not tell and to leave things unspoken and mysterious. Revealing everything in such a blatant fashion just seems heavy handed and destroys any mystique there is and worse, what's left to your imagination is often far worse than just laying it all out there for us to see. I'm so glad he's not directing the Blade Runner sequel.

it's not very good

kinda preferred Prometheus tbh for at least variety's sake

Prometheus knew what it wanted to be and embraced it while being very flawed

Alien Covenant wants to be a sequel to prometheus and a remake of the original Alien. The alien half of the film is easily the best Alien film since the original two (top 3 alien film... yeah not saying much) and the prometheus half again suffers from the same issues prometheus did. Fassbender steals the show and the scenes of him interacting with himself are a real treat.

Alien/Aliens

Prometheus/Alien Covenanent
Alien 3
Endless trash

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Alien 3 is better than Prometheus. In fact it's generally a perfectly fine movie.

It's a lot like Chrono Cross is to Chrono Trigger though. Maybe a bit stronger of a backlash than that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Tokyo Ghoul, as bad as the anime is, is only 24 episodes. That's vastly preferable to 277 episodes of Fuck This

Seriously. I feel that's something that didn't need an explanation.

HStallion

Alien 3 is better than Prometheus. In fact it's generally a perfectly fine movie.

It's a lot like Chrono Cross is to Chrono Trigger though. Maybe a bit stronger of a backlash than that.

You're a bad person and should feel bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
chrono cross is not better than chrono trigger you blasphemer

Oh that was comparing Alien 3 to Aliens, sorry.

Alien 3 like CC is seen as something that took the ending of it's previous entry and shat on it in an overly depressing manner.

Alien 3 is better than Prometheus because Prometheus isn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom