• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
68baauN.gif

dfaTFNg.gif

caliph95

So in Berserk, the Dragonslayer is described as being "more like a giant heap of iron than a sword".

Millepensee apparently took that literally and gave the sword that awful CLANG effect whenever it hits anything. No matter how stupid it is or how bad it sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm6F-K6Ffo
giphy.gif

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koOLkvru6MI
Should i be worried that horse rape scene is best animated thing i seen so far

Also for someone who hasn't ever seen sailor moon how was crysal i remember some problems with the animation

Moaradin

It looks pretty bad in the first two season but I heard it got a lot better in season 3. Don't know for sure though, I only saw the first couple episodes. I did look at the transformation scenes in S3 and they look a lot better and aren't CG like they were before at least.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, we celebrate Memorial Day weekend with the entirety of Samurai Jack Season 5 as Jack tries to put an end at long last to the evil that is Aku.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 19 - Despair Redux! The Return of the Evil Emperor, Frieza!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 53 - XCII
11:30 - Samurai Jack - 54 - XCIII
12:00 - Samurai Jack - 55 - XCIV
12:30 - Samurai Jack - 56 - XCV
1:00 - Samurai Jack - 57 - XCVI
1:30 - Samurai Jack - 58 - XCVII
2:00 - Samurai Jack - 59 - XCVIII
2:30 - Samurai Jack - 60 - XCIX
3:00 - Samurai Jack - 61 - C
3:30 - Samurai Jack - 62 - CI - END

cntr

Banned
I'm watching AoT for the first time via S2, which hasn't had much Eren so far.

not sure whether to be worried or excited for when we finally get more of him

I like Eren more now the second time around than I did the first time around since I now know what to expect of him. He's not a bad character he's just a bit intense scream preachy at times though I have no idea what he's like in the second season.

Seda

I've said this before, but it would be worse if Eren was an idiot hothead but the show tried to have rest of the cast portray him in a praising positive light.

But no, other characters constantly tell Eren not to fuck things up and he's clearly deliberately meant to be a bit of a dummy. So that works better anyway.

Today's episode of AoT...which we will see in a month will be all about Papenbrook screaming for 22 minutes straight. But hey, this episode goes all out on it's pretty artwork!

I've said this before, but it would be worse if Eren was an idiot hothead but the show tried to have rest of the cast portray him in a praising positive light.

But no, other characters constantly tell Eren not to fuck things up and he's clearly deliberately meant to be a bit of a dummy. So that works better anyway.

It also helps that with some of his "screw ups", it's forces out of his control. Like the stuff with the Female Titan, he actually did follow his orders and Levi's Squad still died.

Morlas

Eren isn't as dumb as most shonen protags tho but honestly luffy takes the cake I'm pretty sure he still hasn't figured out sniper King's secret.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It often kind of does but they usually muddle through it. He's at least aware enough to not be callous about things, so it works.

Luffy's is usually played for laughs though, as Imperial Bishop points out, there's a difference between that and playing it straight.

I will also say, dude is probably aware his crew can back whatever crazy play he makes.

cntr

Banned
Luffy's is usually played for laughs though, as Imperial Bishop points out, there's a difference between that and playing it straight.

I will also say, dude is probably aware his crew can back whatever crazy play he makes.
Yeah, I mean, it's a laugh because Luffy knows his crew can deal with it. But he also knows when to get serious and restrain (some of) his goofiness, unlike (say) Goku or Naruto.

Morlas

Yeah having a dumb protagonist is ok but having all of them be dumb can get a bit annoying that's actually why I like zatch bell because the two protagonists play well off each other with their dumb straightforwardness and smart thoughtfulness

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to finish Gash Bell. Read about a third of it, really liked it.
I still hate that the anime just "stopped", the last arc I remember was they were in some kind of old castle & the final episode dealt with an one-off with the princess anti-hero & her Shadow-like....whatever they called the characters that did their bidding, and that was it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I need to finish Gash Bell. Read about a third of it, really liked it.

I actually liked that series, which might put me in the minority, but come at me. The back-half of the series is legit interesting and worth at least one read through. The scans, if you don't have access to a professional localization, are very good as well.

I still hate that the anime just "stopped", the last arc I remember was they were in some kind of old castle & the final episode dealt with an one-off with the princess anti-hero & her Shadow-like....whatever they called the characters that did their bidding, and that was it.

Same thing happened to Rave Master.

Series that tend to take a bit of time to find their groove tend to not get good adaptations or ones that stop just before said groove is found.

Mizerman

Yeah, the anime lasted a good while on Toonami then stopped just like that.

I actually liked that series, which might put me in the minority, but come at me. The back-half of the series is legit interesting and worth at least one read through. The scans, if you don't have access to a professional localization, are very good as well.

Nah, I quite enjoy Gash Bell as a whole. It was quite a fun manga through and through, though I would consider the mangaka's latter work Animal Land to be better then Gash. Everything except one certain very small thing (Seriously WTF MANGAKA! HOW THE FUCK DID YOUR EDITORS LET IT THROUGH!) was generally great, and includes some amazing fights.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, yes, I hated how that happened to Rave Master as well

Especially since they moved it to some obscure time like 5 or 6 a.m. on Sunday.

& I COULD'VE SWORN they skipped a part, since the last I remember of the show was Part 3 of something (which confused me because I didn't recall seeing Part 2 & I had my DVR set to record it) & the last thing was the MC getting shocked/pissed at the fact some villain dude kissed the female MC.

Edit: CAATTCCHH MYYY HEEEAARRRTT, VERY MELON

ckohler

Yeah, I mean, it's a laugh because Luffy knows his crew can deal with it. But he also knows when to get serious and restrain (some of) his goofiness, unlike (say) Goku or Naruto.
It's really too bad we didn't get Sabaody Arc on Toonami because that is my favorite Luffy. One of the rare (maybe only) times be orders his crew to retreat in desperation.

Chase17

I'm so glad My Hero Academia and The Promised Neverland exist and have smart protagonists.

Yeah, these and World Trigger.

Not that I dislike "dumb" protagonists, if if they are done well. It's just way tougher to go wrong with a smart protagonist lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
omg, yes, I hated how that happened to Rave Master as well

Especially since they moved it to some obscure time like 5 or 6 a.m. on Sunday.

Rave Master got done really dirty in regards to it's anime because the series really launched into "holy crap, this stuff is great" tier after that final anime arc. The run of arcs after the mid-point to the ending were really really good stuff. It's why I'm so pissed off at Fairy Tail, because Mashima can absolutely do better but doesn't.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just realized what the Berserk anime reminds me of. Beast Wars.
That was 20 years ago, and somehow Berserk barely looks better. Hell, there's parts of Beast Wars that still kind of hold up.

That was 20 years ago, and somehow Berserk barely looks better. Hell, there's parts of Beast Wars that still kind of hold up.

What gets me most is you got stuff like Star Wars Rebels and the Nick TMNT cartoons that prove you can do great action sequences with television CG.

cntr

Banned
Wow, I totally forgot about Beast Wars. I remember thinking it was kind of eh as a kid, but I don't remember anything else about it.

I remember liking the 2d animated one a lot more, and I do remember stuff about it. Not much, though.

caliph95

What gets me most is you got stuff like Star Wars Rebels and the Nick TMNT cartoons that prove you can do great action sequences with television CG.
Like seriously they are regular CG shows that look better than that i seen clips of aijin that looks a lot better
Plus beast wars will looks like shit today has more fluid movement and better sound design

TheSun

Beast Wars was great.

Watched it when I was young as hell. First and last impression I had of the Transformers franchise.

I remember it have some cool and dark episodes, my child self was mind-blown. Shame the sequel series was terrible.

caliph95

Beast Wars was great.

Watched it when I was young as hell. First and last impression I had of the Transformers franchise.

I remember it have some cool and dark episodes, my child self was mind-blown. Shame the sequel series was terrible.
what you don't care for BEAST MACHINES !!

Wasn't their a japanese only spin off of the Beast Wars series?

Catching up:

Fucking christ is that real?! its like hes tiptoeing offscreen. this is hilariously bad it makes Super's early animation errors look incredible.

It was Gennedy who decided to only do 10 episodes for the last Samurai Jack season.

Which doesn't make fucking sense to me. you mean [AS] gave him a blank check and pretty much have him do how many episodes he wanted and he only wanted to do 10?! Don't get me wrong Jack ended fine but god damn if it wasn't rushed all to hell.

Toonami opening to showing remastered old anime if the demand is there.

YES!!! I need to see Remasted G Gundam on Toonami!! make this happen DeMarco.

Its medicore, I don't personally recommend it

But compared to the reboot?....

BRING Pokémon SUN AND MOON TO TOONAMI.

Disney has got its clutches on it now, theirs no way they are ever going to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom