• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which doesn't make fucking sense to me. you mean [AS] gave him a blank check and pretty much have him do how many episodes he wanted and he only wanted to do 10?! Don't get me wrong Jack ended fine but god damn if it wasn't rushed all to hell.

To the very least, he should've gone with 12 or 13 episodes. That would have given enough breathing room to more properly tie up Ashi's side story with her mom and a better epilogue to the story.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just because I can't stop laughing every time I see this, once more with feeling:

68baauN.gif

TheSun

To the very least, he should've gone with 12 or 13 episodes. That would have given enough breathing room to more properly tie up Ashi's side story with her mom and a better epilogue to the story.

Actually Samurai Jack could've worked with ten episodes. Only problem was its pacing, as well as random filler inserted into some episodes.

Edit: *blam*

Sorry mate. Forgot about spoilers.

As for Wiki talk, I thought the Go Nagai wiki is pretty funny. Mostly cuz it looks like it was made by a doofus.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Actually Samurai Jack could've worked with ten episodes. Only problem was its pacing, as well as random filler inserted into some episodes.

Like, it was the finale man, was it really necessary to name all yer daughters, Scotsman.

He was introducing his daughters to his best friend!

I will say, we could probably have done without the episode just after they escape from the monster. It only really handled a single plot point and could have been written into the previous episode. If I had to cut anything it would have been that episode.

Wow, I totally forgot about Beast Wars. I remember thinking it was kind of eh as a kid, but I don't remember anything else about it.

I remember liking the 2d animated one a lot more, and I do remember stuff about it. Not much, though.
Beast Wars looks like shit cause it's old. I actually think if you go back to it as an adult you'd appreciate it for the character growth and dynamics. They handled their show with more thought and care than what's going on with Berserk.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*checks pricing of BD sets in Japan* omg, it's almost $300 EACH for both sets of G-Gundam on BD. I know anime prices are much higher in Japan than the US, but damn, that is Aniplex levels of expensive.

& didn't Crunchyroll get G-Gundam a few months ago, but not the HD release, nor the dub? I can't seem to find anything about an US release of the BD.

Mizerman

Beast Wars looks like shit cause it's old. I actually think if you go back to it as an adult you'd appreciate it for the character growth and dynamics. They handled their show with more thought and care than what's going on with Berserk.

Plus, hearing Scott McNeil talk to himself was amusing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
*checks pricing of BD sets in Japan* omg, it's almost $300 EACH for both sets of G-Gundam on BD. I know anime prices are much higher in Japan than the US, but damn, that is Aniplex levels of expensive.

& didn't Crunchyroll get G-Gundam a few months ago, but not the HD release, nor the dub? I can't seem to find anything about an US release of the BD.

Crunchyroll seems to have gotten copies that appear to have been mastered from 8th generation VHS copies.

I've said this before, but it would be worse if Eren was an idiot hothead but the show tried to have rest of the cast portray him in a praising positive light.

But no, other characters constantly tell Eren not to fuck things up and he's clearly deliberately meant to be a bit of a dummy. So that works better anyway.

I'm not totally sure how I feel about this tbh

Like, when shows put their annoying morons on a pedestal, it doesn't work but you can at least see how it's MEANT to work, that we're supposed to feel the way the other characters do about the protagonist even if we don't.

With Eren, I'm not really sure what the point of his character is at this point in the series. He doesn't seem to be in the process of becoming less of a shit, and there doesn't seem to be any real conflict as far as his obnoxious personality goes. As a character, he's literally a tool; his titan form is useful and that seems to be the main purpose he serves.

BBboy20

Levi and Mikasa are OP since they were able to do more damage to Titan Annie than anybody else.
Random titans are more dangerous because all it takes is one with faster reflexes and superior senses then both of Levi and Mikasa traveling at the fastest (and "safest" speed) to slap/chomp/grab them and end them right there. Seems Human Titans retain the reflexes expected from regular humans and thus making them predictable (hence their reliance on statuses and "clutches").

Like seriously they are regular CG shows that look better than that i seen clips of aijin that looks a lot better
Plus beast wars will looks like shit today has more fluid movement and better sound design
Aijin can, at times, be a literal clip show but at least it's aesthetically cohesive.

Plus, hearing Scott McNeil talk to himself was amusing.
He's like half the cast, plus Beast Wars has the best Megatron.
Random titans are more dangerous because all it takes is one with faster reflexes and superior senses then both of Levi and Mikasa traveling at the fastest (and "safest" speed) to slap/chomp/grab them and end them right there. Seems Human Titans retain the reflexes expected from regular humans and thus making them predictable (hence their reliance on statuses and "clutches").
I guess certain things are best against certain enemies. I never noticed, or this wasn't exactly explained yet.

Ponn

Banned
For those looking for an alternative viewing tonight to the Samurai Jack marathon may I suggest the GAF favorite movie of all time Thor Dark World on at 11pm est on FX.

It's good that there's a marathon this week. I need a break.

For those looking for an alternative viewing tonight to the Samurai Jack marathon may I suggest the GAF favorite movie of all time Thor Dark World on at 11pm est on FX.

I still don't understand how that became a GAF meme.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Come on dude, 4chan rumors? They make no sense, just ignore them.

It seems credible because it called XX when people didn't even think X would get a G version. I've seen crazier 4chan rumors come true and I'd never bet against the stupidity of Capcom, lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It seems credible because it called XX when people didn't even think X would get a G version. I've seen crazier 4chan rumors come true and I'd never bet against the stupidity of Capcom, lol.

Ehh, these rumors hit like the night before the XX news. Odds are the guy posting either got a press release prior to the news being announced to the public or knows someone who did. Just because it got one thing right doesn't mean the rest isn't utter bullshit.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ehh, these rumors hit like the night before the XX news. Odds are the guy posting either got a press release prior to the news being announced to the public or knows someone who did. Just because it got one thing right doesn't mean the rest isn't utter bullshit.

I mean sure, but it's kind of a toss up. In any case it's something worth thinking about lol.

Regiruler

That shot is just brilliant.

Provided you have watch season 1 and understand why the beast titan is so irregular, it provides so damn much with so little.

The beast titan is a shining example of subversions from your expectations can make a show engaging and suspenseful, IMO.

Line_HTX

For the first time in a very long time, I can finally watch Toonami at 10 PM. I've been looking forward to this Samurai Jack final season marathon a lot. This is going to be fun and I'm going through this for the first time, y'all.

;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom