• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously starting to consider getting involved in all of this, in a 'I know a car crash is forthcoming so I'm not really going to get upset' kind of way.

I can't realistically support Corbyn on the doorstep but we've got a new candidate in the offing and could probably lose our safe as fuck seat.

Burai

shitonmychest57
It's impossible to avoid bad photos. High-speed cameras capture so many pics. If someone filmed you the whole day imagine how many frames would show awkward poses and expressions. Just filming one meal will capture lots of bulging faces.

Yup. The reason Ed looked bad eating that sandwich is because the rightwing rags chose the pictures that made him look bad eating that sandwich.

See also: Nonchalant Muslim girl walks past dying policeman whilst texting vs. Distressed Muslim girl desperately tries to call for help for dying policemen. Two dramatically different narratives captured in a fraction of a second.

mclem

175013379-5c957083-84ee-4cb0-9fcd-4cc5c830d2df.jpg

"Women... doing engineering?"

PJV3

I'm seriously starting to consider getting involved in all of this, in a 'I know a car crash is forthcoming so I'm not really going to get upset' kind of way.

I can't realistically support Corbyn on the doorstep but we've got a new candidate in the offing and could probably lose our safe as fuck seat.

You can be honest and say Corbyn has no chance so it doesn't matter what he thinks, you don't really need to attack him as such.

The only time you ever should need two hands to hold a pint, is when you are so blind drunk the weight of the glass and your arm needs the second hand to help with the weight/steadying

and if he's that smashed for a press photo, i'd not vote for him either

It really shouldn't bother me but somehow it does

jem0208

I literally could not give a shit about how someone drinks a pint/eats a bacon sandwich.

That said, Michael Gove clapping is still hilarious:

5GIyWp4.gif

Mr. Sam

Labour going hard on the Tories "abandoning" the triple lock on pensions this afternoon. But if this thread is anything to go by, they really need to hammer the two-handed pint thing again.

PJV3

Labour going hard on the Tories "abandoning" the triple lock on pensions this afternoon. But if this thread is anything to go by, they really need to hammer the two-handed pint thing again.

They should get Theresa to eat a cheesy or spicy pot noodle in some place like Stockport, and photograph the filth dribble down her chin.

Lagamorph

Abandoning the triple lock on pensions should be in the manifesto of every single party. It's purely there as a bribe to the grey vote.

mr-paul

If your argument is 'I make £70k but I'm not rich because I spend every penny of it and I've got nothing to show for it' then I don't know what to tell you except that you're bad with money.

Kind of agreeing with this, but maybe not so harsh on the "bad with money" bit.

I live in London, Islington, in a flat share, paying £600 a month rent, plus bills. I earn £21k a year.
I feel I am living comfortably. Yes, my savings aren't going up very quickly, yes, I can't afford property on this wage in this area, but you can't go telling me that people are scraping by on £70k and can't afford to be paying a little bit more tax and make some sacrifices.

Listing things like private education, cars, etc. these aren't essentials.

The property market is ridiculous. That doesn't mean taxes shouldn't rise because it'll make some richer people struggle to buy property inside London. That means action needs to be taken on the property market.

CCS

Banned
The triple lock was the stupidest gimmick in a manifesto full of them. Labour going to bat for it annoys the hell out of me.

TimmmV

They should get Theresa to eat a cheesy or spicy pot noodle in some place like Stockport, and photograph the filth dribble down her chin.

No thanks, keep her as far away as possible.

I live in London, Islington, in a flat share, paying £600 a month rent, plus bills. I earn £21k a year.
I feel I am living comfortably. Yes, my savings aren't going up very quickly, yes, I can't afford property on this wage in this area, but you can't go telling me that people are scraping by on £70k and can't afford to be paying a little bit more tax and make some sacrifices.

The property market is ridiculous. That doesn't mean taxes shouldn't rise because it'll make some richer people struggle to buy property inside London. That means action needs to be taken on the property market.

Exactly

Mr. Sam

Abandoning the triple lock on pensions should be in the manifesto of every single party. It's purely there as a bribe to the grey vote.

Well, yeah, but if you're the party that wins that particular game of chicken, you could reap the rewards. May obviously feels she's got a commanding enough lead that now's the time to bite the bullet - and she's probably right.

If the conservatives get a huge majority and then keep up with the way they are treating the NHS, they will never find a cure for that HORRIFIC case of resting bitchface May has :(...

God I hate her and her band of merry fuckwits so so much, putting the well being of their 'party' and rich friends above the well being of the country.

The triple lock was the stupidest gimmick in a manifesto full of them. Labour going to bat for it annoys the hell out of me.

This is the problem with Labour. They were moaning when it was introduced because they said it was a gimmick for the Tories to keep their older voters happy.

But now they oppose its removal just for the sake of opposing a Tory change.

The change will free up money for other things. Thats why Hammond wants to remove it. Pensioners are now the most well off group I think. The triple lock was far too generous.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Also if he is correct and it's a truly safe seat his vote is Meaningless. That is the nature of FPTP. The only pact it has is in overalls party votes %
I know how FPTP works, and I never said he was wrong or that it's not "meaningless" in that sense, but it's still his civic duty to vote.

Personally I'd make it illegal not to vote. The 'no point' argument doesn't wash with me.

People died for our right to vote, and politics affects EVERYONE whether you like it or not.

Agreed 100%. Australia has the right idea.

Real Hero

I know it won't but I really hope May's arrogance puts people off and she doesn't do as well as she things she is going to. eurgh that women

PJV3

The nutters turn on May:

C99zP3fXgAIPttO.jpg

C99zQWFXUAAczrs.jpg

The potential for multiple whirlwinds of shit to kick in when we leave is frightening, I'm not sure where I stand on it anymore , the government will need flexibility but it would probably make things worse if the economy tanks.

sammex

The conservatives know they're in such a good position that they can implement tax increases, remove the triple lock on pensions, and keep the 0.7% foreign aid and they'll still get a bigger majority. The general public cares little for actual policy, lots like and trust Theresa May and they want her to "get the job done" on Brexit.

DBT85

I think Corbyn wins the child photography portion of the election

175013379-5c957083-84ee-4cb0-9fcd-4cc5c830d2df.jpg

What is hilarious about this photo is that there's another one which confirms that it wasn't just a bad shot but that this was how she was really looking at these kids:

C4t4PCGWEAIz93Z.jpg

Like, you look at the photo and think "may be the child is playing with her own shit or something" but no...nothing at all is happening that might explain that face.

Like, you look at the photo and think "may be the child is playing with her own shit or something" but no...nothing at all is happening that might explain that face.

I'm going to be a boring logical person and say that the 2 girls are making a car crash with Lego. May is reacting to that.

She also said the NHS would be part of any trade negotiations with the US.

Pensioners can get fucked though, they voted for Brexit, they need to suffer like everyone else.

Miles X

She also said the NHS would be part of any trade negotiations with the US.

Pensioners can get fucked though, they voted for Brexit, they need to suffer like everyone else.

What about the ones that didn't? I can't get over how simplistic and generalistic (and dumb) some vengeful people's opinions are on this forum.

News flash, half this country voted leave, half remain. Half americans voted trump, half Hillary. Stop acting like the UK if full of people you deem shitty therefore we all must suffer and that this is any different to anywhere else in the world.

DBT85

What about the ones that didn't? I can't get over how simplistic and generalistic (and dumb) some vengeful people's opinions are on this forum.

The leading thing around here is that its all old peoples fault. I remember people even suggesting banning people from voting if they are over 70.

I know a bunch of people under 40 that voted leave, I know people over 65 that voted remain.

PJV3

The leading thing around here is that its all old peoples fault. I remember people even suggesting banning people from voting if they are over 70.

I know a bunch of people under 40 that voted leave, I know people over 65 that voted remain.

I think there was a definite age issue in the result more than any other demographic, it's never going to be 100% one way or the other.

The triple lock is no longer required. It was supposed to keep pensions in line with real incomes but as incomes have remained static it has overtaken and surpassed them. It needs to go.

Or poor people.

That's the reaction face to that? The only time that's your reaction face when Lego is involved is when you step on it in the dark at 3 am while you're busting for a piss.

I think it's just a huge exaggeration to make children laugh to be honest. May isn't 100% lizard person.

Why do people live like this? Cos London lol.

I earn 22k and have a mortgage for a house which is 370 a month in a nice area.

I know a few people who are obsessed with living in London and pay 600 a month for a room in a house, 90 minutes out from central London, while working in service industry.

RenditMan

Banned
Why do people live like this? Cos London lol.

I earn 22k and have a mortgage for a house which is 370 a month in a nice area.

I know a few people who are obsessed with living in London and pay 600 a month for a room in a house, 90 minutes out from central London, while working in service industry.

I'll never work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom